*** Twins thread ***

Congrats again mrsroberts :)
I am very pleased to have nearly a whole wardrobe of maternity wear, very spoilt, heehee :) The good thing is, my OHs sister anounced at christmas that she is also expecting, and due in late august, so i can pass on all the clothes to her :)
Glad your pain has eased babymother, i hope it doesnt flare up again for you, carrying two around will be hard enough i reckon, without the added pains. My bump feels really heavy already, and i am struggling to feel comfortable, especially after eating.

I am very pleased to have nearly a whole wardrobe of maternity wear, very spoilt, heehee :) The good thing is, my OHs sister anounced at christmas that she is also expecting, and due in late august, so i can pass on all the clothes to her :)
Glad your pain has eased babymother, i hope it doesnt flare up again for you, carrying two around will be hard enough i reckon, without the added pains. My bump feels really heavy already, and i am struggling to feel comfortable, especially after eating.

I used to have a mega appetite but now I eat the smallest thing and I'm stuffed and uncomfy.
Happy new year ladies xx

I used to have a mega appetite but now I eat the smallest thing and I'm stuffed and uncomfy.
Happy new year ladies xx

Happy new year!!!
My appetite is not the best either. I am eating healthily but just don't fancy anything to eat, it's strange.

I keep getting a really bad ache kinda above my Pubic area almost feels a little like mild period pain, I'm hoping this is just normal stretching going on, anyone else have this, I also sometimes find that it's very tender when I touch it,
X

Hi scattyash. I haven't had that but I've had bad pubic bone pain.
If its there all the time, over a few days, I'd go and see your midwife. But like you said, it is prob just stretching.

Quick question on weight gain ladies :) I stupidly stepped on the scales this morning, and think i am having a heart attack! Im sure i have an extra half stone on top of pregnancy weight from xmas and the fact that i stopped my excessive gym bunny lifestyle, but please tell me its normal to gain lots of weight!

Yes it's normal to aim weight. I think with multiples you gain more too, and from what I've read twins etc do better if you gain adequate weight :) also, you have 2 bags of fluid, 2 babies, possibly 2 placentas so it all adds up.
As long as you're eating healthy most of the time I wouldn't worry.
Also, we gain weight for making milk, as that takes a lot of calories just by making milk. If you breast feed it will shift no probs :)

Last edited:
Hi ladies, got my 20 weeks scan today.
I'm so upset though as my partner lives in London and promised he'd come up for this scan but I haven't been able to contact him since yesterday. I am worried and hoping he is ok but I know him, and I don't think he can be bothered to come :(
I really wanted him there for support, and we wanted to find out the sex of the babies.
I just feel let down, upset and angry but trying to keep myself calm for the babies.
Don't mean to moan but just needed to get it out.

Fingers x everything is ok :) and they behave so we can see the sex.

Awww men are shit!!
Good luck with your scan don't let him piss you off too much x

:) bit more relaxed now. I am glad that is over!
Both look normal, as far as they can tell :) growing well :)

We are team Violet lol. A little girl and boy, though pink and blue would make violet...silly me.
Just relieved they are ok :)

Awww that's lovely, most of us are having girl and boy :) xx

My goodness. Pain, pain, pain! My back on the lower right side is so sore.
Yesterday, I couldn't get up and put any pressure through my right foot :( walking takes ages and is sore :( just having a general moan as it hurts.
Hope you ladies are ok?

Baby mother, congrats on finding out your having a boy and a girl - how lovely to have one of each in there. Scattyash is right, you lot all seem to be having one of each, is that common for non identicals then or just fluke that your all the same at mo?

I think two thirds of fraternal twins are boy/girl :)

Sorry to hear about your pain babymother :( Sounds horrible, i sometimes have bad hip pain on one side when i get up in the mornings, but it does wear off thankfully.
I am doing ok in general, my main issue is a really heavy feeling and pressure down below, but im guessing that is normal. I am starting to feel very large and uncomfortable. Just hoping all is well for my scan on Thurs. i am in UK at the moment, and fly back on weds. Lastntime for me flying for a while, it has been bad enough at 20 weeks!
Xxxx

I also have so much pressure, I get shooting pains in my cervix
Too what's nasty,
And the hip pains but mines also in my legs,
I feel very heavy when I'm walking about and when I've just eaten,
Have they said if they are going to induce you yet? I've been told 37/38 weeks ill be induced,
Hoping not for a c section tho,
Xx

I'm not going to be induced. Had it before, it's was horrendous!
If I need a section coz of positioning then so be it :)
Booked to see GP on weds again for back/pelvic pain.
I have also read boy/girl combo is most common for fraternal twins, then 2 girls and then 2 boys.

Quick Q?

How many vests, rompers/sleepsuits are you buying for the littleies?
I've bought a pack of 5 white vests from next and a pack of socks each today. I know I'll need more but not sur show many.

I have a twins book which says you need twelve vests and twelve sleepsuits just for your ospital bag :/ i have to confess i have a suitcase full of clothes to take back to spain with me. My family have gone mental, lol :)

I havent been told if i will be induced or anything yet. They just said i will be ok for natural delivery if all goes ok, but of course everything depends on what happens in the last few weeks.

I have a twins book which says you need twelve vests and twelve sleepsuits just for your ospital bag :/ i have to confess i have a suitcase full of clothes to take back to spain with me. My family have gone mental, lol :)

Lol, oh gosh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back