Twins!

laetitia85

Reaction score
I really, really, really want twins. Am I the only one? I would love to have a boy and a girl, or two girls. Can my first scan (dating scan) reveal whether I'm having twins?

Yeah the 1st one cam tell you!

Fingers crossed for you!

yeah the first scan will show, do u have history of twins in either urs or OHs family??

Although the first scan usually can tell, it is possible to have what's called hidden twin syndrome meaning one hides directly behind the other and thus often is un-detected untill the 20 week scan. Your age will play a big role in twins (the older you are the higher the 'risk' of twins) plus family history (usually the maternal side is considered of more importance than the paternal side). Also fertility treatments like IVF will increase the chances of twins.

My DH is a twin and i know i produced two eggs the month i concieved so there was a high risk i could be carrying twins. DH so didn't want twins but i was a little bit disappointed to be honest. now at the end of my pregnancy I am soooooooooooo glad there is only one baby inside me.

congratulations on your pregnancy though.wishing you a healthy 9 months

You are not the only one. For some strange reason I would love to have twins.
I think the chances are very slim as there are twins in my family but they are about 4/5 generations ago.
I am sure that I am just having one and as this pregnancy goes on I will be glad it is just one :)

Hi there,

I would love to have twins... one of each would be great.....I think they say that your morning sickness is usually quite bad with multi births.

Fracternal twins do run in my family so fingers crossed.

Take Care x

Hi

Good luck to you and yes itw ill show most of the time.
A friend of mine is a twin and her mom didnt know about her till she was in labour as she was hiding behind her sister :lol:
I owuld of loved to have twins as it would mean only one pregnancy and labour for me'
Katrina

I would LOVE to have twins!!! A boy and a girl would be perfect I reckon :D

My mum was a twin but her twin died at birth, I dont know if they were indentical or not or any of the details though, so its always possible!

Although both my sisters haave kids with no twins and Ive never been pregnant with twins so it may be a long shot!

But no....your not the only one :D :D

hi.. :wave: .yeah it is usual for the scan to show twins. :oops: :oops: ....I have a set..girl and boy and they are wonderful.....4 now and will be starting school soon.. :dance: ..but then i have to say that i find out on the 27th april whether i am expecting just one or another multiple birth..One would do me fine,dont think i could handle another set on top of the 8 i have...... :rotfl: :hug: :pray:

Hi

mellowbird- i will be looking out to see what you will be having !! :shock: i still dont know how you do it , your amazing
Katrina

hi :wave: it seems to be dragging for this first scan. :think: i have noticed that my stomach looks quite big for my dates but i will have to wait and see.. :pray:

how you doing.whats been happening since we first said hi.... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back