*** Twins thread ***

Gosh! I'm 18 weeks and have only started to think about stuff lol
Prams etc.
think I'm waiting until my next scan is out of the way, then will start thinking about buying things.
It's scary. My OH keeps saying 'we're expecting twins' lol I'm like, I know :)

Lol babymother, we are the same, we have to keep pinching ourselves! However, my 18 week, but looking full term already, bump keeps reminding me i have two in there!
Only really thinking about buying thngs, wont be splashing out just yet ;) Just want to be prepared as this is my first pregnancy, and i am somewhat daunted by the amount of things i seem to need :/ x

I'm a twin and I actually remember having to sit in a tandem pram and I had the longer legs so say at the back and my sister was at the front and she used to be leaning and half sitting on my legs. I remember hating that pram!!! I was only 2 or 3 and still remember the dead legs....vividly!

I've got backache and pubic bone pain. Get tired quickly too :(
I'm not that big, thank goodness lol I think a big bump plus pelvis pain would just do me in lol
Just going to start making mince pies...yummy!

Lol babymother, we are the same, we have to keep pinching ourselves! However, my 18 week, but looking full term already, bump keeps reminding me i have two in there!
Only really thinking about buying thngs, wont be splashing out just yet ;) Just want to be prepared as this is my first pregnancy, and i am somewhat daunted by the amount of things i seem to need :/ x

Yep. It's literally double everything. Thank goodness I have 2 boobs lol

I also look full term and am only 18 weeks. Belly hurts cos it sticks out :(

I'm worried. I think I hardly look preggers at all and I'm 19 weeks. Everyone else expecting twins seems to have a big belly but not me. I am getting anxious though as I've not been checked since my dating scan. Last MW appt, she just did ursine and BP.
I think I can feel flutters but think I should be bigger, so I'm worried they aren't growing properly :( sorry to moan but this has been bugging me for a while now :( :(
My boobs feel like a cross between 2 bruises and sandpaper though.

I'm worried. I think I hardly look preggers at all and I'm 19 weeks. Everyone else expecting twins seems to have a big belly but not me. I am getting anxious though as I've not been checked since my dating scan. Last MW appt, she just did ursine and BP.
I think I can feel flutters but think I should be bigger, so I'm worried they aren't growing properly :( sorry to moan but this has been bugging me for a while now :( :(
My boobs feel like a cross between 2 bruises and sandpaper though.

I haven't been checked out since my last scan apart from a brief midwife appointment who just checked the same.
I had to go to hospital the other day and speak to a consultant about my bleeding disorder I have and a nurse checked my wee and apprantly I had protine in it but wasent mentioned anything else about it, so I don't even know what that means,
As for your size of your bump google twin belly and the amount of weeks you are in image, and you will see lots of diffrent bumps all shapes and sizes so I seriously wouldn't worry as there are lots of tiny bumps,
Don't forget that sometimes the babies place there selfs deeper in so you don't always show straight away also depends on your size ect xx

Movements getting stronger :)
Peeing takes 5 mins, initial flow then stop them they must move and more lol
But I have the most uncomfortable groin pain :( pubic bone pain subsided but groin hurts.
I hope everyone else is ok? xxx

Im still not sure if i actually feel movement yet, but i had the weirdest sensation this morning that could have been a kick. Im sure i will,know aboutmit when they start properly :)
All good here, no real aches and pains to cmplain about, its just the bump now getting in the way and growing everyday. Oh, and not forgetting the excrutiating nipple pain of course!

Yep my nipples are sore. Even putting on knix is a task.
This is my 4th pregnancy so it may be why I have pain. I don't know lol

I'm having really bad trouble sleeping, my belly aches my back aches and my legs ache.
I get woken up with cramp in my calf I need to pee about 6 times a night,
My boobs are sore and are leaking and this makes them get stabbing pains in my nipples, when I walk about I get like a ripping feeling in my lower abdomen near my Pubic bone and In my hips,
I also have no appetite lol apart from this I feel great ha ha ha xx

Last edited:
Lol. Scattyash, sounds like youre having a great time of it! Im starting to get dead legs in the night, and currently getting up about 3 times a night to pee, but sleeping apart from that is no problem, i am sleeping about 8-10 hrs if you include my siesta :)

Oh scattyash :( I share your pain in the hip/groin area. It's not nice at all.
I am sleeping ok but turning over is a task and my hips get a bit numb at night but isially turnover relieves it. I sometimes sleeps with a pillow in between my knees which helps.
Just get tired quickly. Napping helps.

I have never personally had twins, but am a mum to 2 and also a childminder so doing things in multiples is an everyday occurance for us. We often have 4 or 5 children 3 and under. and we looked after 7 month old twins for a year! we can often have a 3m old, 15mo, 2.5yo a 3yo and our 3yo daughter at the same time!

so we are used to having several highchairs and booster seats at meal times, and have 4 travel cots for naps and have a duo buggy and a triple pushchair that can be made to seat 4 also!

I keep having a baby what I belive is the boy digging something in me on my right side, you can poke it and it feels really hard but is very uncomfortable x

Loving the sling iwant3, my OH would look great in it, lol ;)
How are all you twin mummies after xmas and new year? Hope you all had a good one. Not much to report from me, im still waiting to feel some proper movement, although m sure i am feeling some already, its just that being my first, and having one anterial placenta, im not certain thats what i am feeling!
Been given a bag full of maternity wear from a friend, which is great, although some was a size too small for me :( I also had to buy a jacket or two because have outgrown all of mine, and it is cold in madrid at this time of year. I found one in H&M on sale for 20 euros, which i love, but its not very warm, and we coldnt fnd any othermaternity coats. So i headed to C&A and brought a normal coat 5 sizes too big for me, lol! Plenty of room for the bump, heehee, and it doesnt look too bad at all :)

Helo everyone!!

I just want to introduce myself... I found out I was having a baby on the 20th of December and yesterday (31st). We found out it was twins!!

Completely shocked!! They are still very early and tiny though as I ovulate late...But fingers crossed they are both stickies!!

I have another scan in 2 weeks so hoping to see heartbeats and then I can take a deep breath slightly regarding vanishing twin syndrome.

Going by my LMP I am 6 weeks. But the Dr said the babies look around 4+ due to my late ovulation. (CD20 in a 30 day Cycle!!)

Eeeeek!! :)

xxx

Congrats mrs Roberts :) yes, twins is a shock. I'm 19 weeks and I'm just getting used to the idea.

Regards to clothes, red herring do lovely maternity clothes. Got a navy military stylejacketin the sale on Sunday. Didn't realise how tight my north face one was until I put this on, bliss lol

I love wearing dresses when I'm pregnant. Just find em really comfy.

I've also or my anomaly scan on the 9th jan.

Nikki, my movements are getting more noticeable now and there is a pattern starting already, usually in the evening when I chill.

Groin pain settled down a bit which is a relief :) that is very painful when it flares up.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. 2013 is an exciting one for us ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back