TWINS!

I am a twin, my sister had twins and there are twins on my OH side of the family too- all fraternal which is the type of twins that can run in families- identical twins can happen to anyone at any time. I am only having one baby this time and would have been happy to have been having twins. However, if I try for baby no. 2 and get twins I would be less enthusiastic! My sister had twin boys when her first was only 18months and that was a real struggle for her as she didn't have much support from their dad at the time.

Tattybear- make sure you ask for and get as much help as possible particularly after that first excited month has passed and the visitors are less frequent- it was about 6 months after the twins were born that my sister really struggled. I'm sure you will be fine but make sure you look after yourself so that you can look after your little family xxx

flowergirl said:
Tattybear- make sure you ask for and get as much help as possible particularly after that first excited month has passed and the visitors are less frequent- it was about 6 months after the twins were born that my sister really struggled. I'm sure you will be fine but make sure you look after yourself so that you can look after your little family xxx

I feel like i could cope with twins im very good at adjusting to things etc etc the only thing is how the hell am i ever going to get out of the house getting one baby ready to go out is a mammoth task let alone 2 babies and a toddler..lol!!! im not particulally worried about any of it apart from how am i going to get in and out of shops busses etc etc with this monstrosity of a double buggy ive got!!!!! i wont be able to go in smaller shops unless i have someone else with me and we can papoose both the twins and have Oliver in a stroller!!! petty really lol!!!!!!

tattybear85 said:
flowergirl said:

I feel like i could cope with twins im very good at adjusting to things etc etc the only thing is how the hell am i ever going to get out of the house getting one baby ready to go out is a mammoth task let alone 2 babies and a toddler..lol!!! im not particulally worried about any of it apart from how am i going to get in and out of shops busses etc etc with this monstrosity of a double buggy ive got!!!!! i wont be able to go in smaller shops unless i have someone else with me and we can papoose both the twins and have Oliver in a stroller!!! petty really lol!!!!!!

It will take alot longer to get anywhere as well because twin babies attract sooo much attention. There was a woman in boots the other day with a set of newborn twins and every aisle she walked down someone stopped her to pass a comment, she was very polite. But I can imagine if your not in the mood it could be a bit annoying as well! I'm sure you will cope fine, at least they will always have a little companion to play with as well! Good luck hun

xxx

I keep worrying about twins. There's twins on both sides of our families. Can't wait for my scan to find out either way!

as ive already got a 10 month old son, and am already gonna have 2 under 2 i would be terrified :shock: . imagine 3 under 2 :shock:

Tattybear- I have a friend at work who had twin daughters afer having a singleton first- she would have to allow 1 hour to get the babies and the toddler dressed and ready to go out- and sometimes if the toddler decided to 'help' it would take longer! My sister was sensible and would ensure me or one of my sisters was around whenever she wanted to venture out! I'm glad you feel positive and that you are looking forward to the new venture! You are obviously much calmer and less of a worrier than me! I'm a right stress head! :x :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back