Twins

Becs

Reaction score
DH has just told me twins run in his family and we have twins on my side too. I very much doubt we will find we are having twins but just wondered what you chaps thought about twins. As it has taken so long to conceieve I think I would be cool with it - like it's a head start or something. I couldn't find a section for twins so thought I'd start a thread in here.

B

Hi, my father was a twin, he was adopted at birth with his brother so sadly we dont know if it was just a one off or they run in his family. Have got 2 boys already and neither of those were twin pregnancys. Slightly concerned about this one though as Im a lot sicker and tireder than ever before. If it was twins I wouldn't be shocked put it that way! If this was a twin pregnancy I think we would still cope, we would have too!! We are fairly lucky in that my husband is in the army so they provide cheap housing for us and if we needed a house with more bedrooms we hopefully would just have to ask, so that wouldn't be too much of a problem. The only thing I would worry about would be that I have 2 young children (2 and a half and just turned 1) that they would feel pushed out.

i love the thought of it but actually having them im not so sure twice the work and stresses that come with kids. hubby has about 7 sets in his family and i have no living twins in mine but about 5 sets maybe more were concieved
manda xx

I've been wondering whether I've got two of them in there as I've been a lot sicker this time round too! I've also had a bump since about 6 weeks and growing by the minute! I would certainly be shocked but like Siobhan says we would just have to cope. I would feel guilty for my son though as the twins would have a special bond of their own without him.
Siobhan - my hubby is in the army too - they have to give you accomodation big enough for your whole family. We are about to move and will get given a 3 bed instead of a 2, we just had to tell them my due date.

I wouldnt really like twins at all! Maybe in my 1st pregnancy, but certainly not in my 3rd. we would strugle to cope, finacially and emotionally

Wow I would love twins - one of my worries if I do get pregnant is that with our ages it is unlikely that we would have anymore so twins would be just perfect :D Just have to get pregnant now!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

my nan had 4 sets of twins :shock:

It's meant to skip a generation so i hope i have twins someday too. I'd love it :cheer:

I know for my next pregnancy I wouldnt care, one two or three as long as I get a bloomin baby in the end...

You could very well have twins thats a good chance if they are on both sides of your family. Its like a twin f or one offer lol!

x

One of the 1st questions my friend asked at her scan was "Is there just one?!" because her hubby is an identical twin and his mum didn't know she was having twins until she had them!!! :rotfl: Quite a surprise!

I had the whole twin worry as im a twin myself and they run in my family. I would love it if it happened but it is hard work as my mum has told me. I have had an early scan and i know theres only one.

I would have been delighted if the scan showed were having twins...I think DH may have passed out though :rotfl:

Im a twin my cousins are twins and my nan is a twin lol so first thing my mum asked was how many are there lol

But they seem to skip a generation so i might be a granny to twins one day lol

xx

My dads mum was a twin and his(my ex) mum and gran are twins. The midwife told me theres a good chance i could have twins :shock: i would seriously pass out if i was told i was. I couldnt cope physically, financially or mentally lol.

non-identical rwins do run in families, identical twins do not but for some reason they are more likely if u are at the beginning or the end of ur fertility (so teenagers and late 30's/early 40's) i saw that on a documentary about them lol
my boyf's SIL was preg at same time as me but 2 weeks behind. very early on she said she felt different, and i didnt hav any symptoms that early even tho i was further gone than her. dunno if its coz she had 2 in there!

Mason was a big enough shock anyway with him being twins! ( I was living in Thailand)

I would have been thrilled if Brody was twins though.

This time....twins would mean 4 kids...I would go into a blind panic I think :shock:

Oh Id absolutely LOVE twins!!!

They happen naturally 1 in every 80 pregnancys which I thought was alot! I went to school with some quads, now that would be amazing. I've stolen 2 of their names actually for my baby :D

My family kept sayin to me 'oh katie i bet your having to little sprogs' I knew i wasnt yet when I had my first scan pic, I thought I was. My dad is a twin my dads brother has twins and my nan is a twin and my mums side my aunties are twins and i have twin cousins on that side to so.. I dont know haha. Would you like to have twins? xx

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:
at least if you had twins, you wouldnt have to go through it all again to get the baby a sibling LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back