*** Twins thread ***

Nikkiportia

Reaction score
There seem to be quite a few ladies expecting twins on here at the moment, and some who have already had them.
But i cannot find a specific twins thread, so thought it might be nice to start one. Be noce to talk to others going through the same thing.
I am currently 17+2 with girl/boy twins and very excited. :dance:
This is my first pregnancy, so unsure how it compares to a singleton, however the main thing i notice is how big i am already!
Very scared about how we will cope in the first few weeks mostly!
Also daunted by what equipment i have to find, especially what kind of pram i need. So any advice/ discussions welcome!!

Yay! sorry im not carrying twins but lovely idea :) You need to change ur ticker tho lol x

Congrats on your twins, you can get some lovely double buggys/pushchairs, I used one with my 13 mth old and newborn for a good year and a half or so, I would recomend a slim side by side so they can both get a good view , rather than one have to sit behind the other, esp as they will be the same age.. Some pushchairs also face mum or forwards, and that's a nice to have as you may spend lots of time walking and you can talk to both of them while your out, it's a must have for my next pushchair..

Thanks, i think i would prefer one that faces towards me, i know that much. Imalso need to look into how big they are when folded, need to buy a car with a boot big enough ;)

Sammyxo has 11 day old identical twins so she might be able to give advice on twin things! x

Just thinking a good sling or baby carrier might be good, and then you can have one carried on your body and the other in pushchair etc , might make things easier sometimes at shops etc

Maybee worth doing a twins journal for future twins mums to read during pregnancy to help them espin those early days.

Have you looked intoa local twins mums group or contacted tambo, they may be able to offer advice before birth

I'm having the same dilemma with a pram, as I ideally need a travel system so if I'm out and about on my own being able to take the carseats out will be Easyer then lifting both babies out along with shopping ect, the only ones I like tho are the top notch expensive ones and with everything else that needs to be bought I just don't know if I can afford it, I'vr decided on a cotbed with a cot divider to use untill they grow out as its great for a space saver and to save a bit of money to start with,
I've also being buying something else every week got a brand new avent breast pump off eBay for £50 and a brand new avent steriliser for £25
There's also a good website called online4baby that do reasonable prices baby vibrating chairs ect,

Also I'm 17+5 days and measuring at 23 weeks so I'm pretty big too,
Already have leaking nipples and the worst heartburn ever!!
( the joys haha )
Xx

Theres just so many systems/ prams/ buggys i just dont know where to start, i am totally new to all things baby! I like the idea of putting carseats on a frame, but have heard people critisize doing it that way, something to do with babies not laying flat like in a pram?
When i thought i was having just one, i was up for carrying baby in a sling and then in a carrier on my fromt or back, but now that will only be possible when i am out with OH, and we can take one each ;) Mind you, he is strong enough to carry the pair i reckon! Would just be fair surely? Lol!

I got a side by side pram for my twins but barely used it because it couldn't fit into a lot of shops. I didn't like the tandem prams so I used to wear them instead x

I think the carseat are ok as long as baby isent in then all day every day,
More prams now have the carseat feature so I doubt they can be that bad for them,
There isent many options when it comes to twin prams, there's so many lovely single ones but its Like no one can be bothered to make a decent twin pram,
The baby slings are good for short periods of time but can hurt your back after a while as you find yourself walking to accommodate the sling, with my previous I only used a handful of times as my back would hurt all day after even holding a light baby,
I haven't a clue what pram I'm gonna get its proper stressing me out x

Am only pregnant with one (i hope!) But I am an identical twin and for years my mum ran our local 'Twins Club'. I see you're abroad, but I cant recommend The Twins & Multiple Births Assoc enough! We went to school with 5 other sets of twins(RAF leaked stuff in water!!) and as a support network for us and family, it was great! altho we did get tired of being compared, it was great to be 'normal' for a while!! :lol:

As for buggies-sorry I'm useless! we had a twin Silver Cross of course!! cant even decide what to get for this lil one!!

Best of luck, we loved playing together as kids and used to have a really special bond. even tho yours are non-identical, I hope they have a good bond. Theres nothing like it, only a twin knows how it feels to have a spare kidney and blood as a safety net! hahaahahahaahahaha!!!

Not having twins but iv seen a double icandy buggy that had parent facing options and the bugaboo donkey but i know they are pricey! Xxx also i was a nanny to twins and they had a three wheeler side by side buggy. Is very heavy especially when they got to 2+, boy tein was heavier than girl twin so when going up a curb it was lopsided lol! i could get it on a bus, after couple of weeks i was an expert lol!! Xxx

Last edited:
Im really considering a travel system i think. I cant see us using a pram for long periods of time anyway, so might be the best option for us.
We are looking at a new car too, a Hyundai i30, and although the boot is spacious, im not convinced a double pram will fit in. So frustrated!

I think I've Desided on a from birth silvercross stroller,
I really wanted a travel system but for a decent one is gonna be about 1400 and I already have maxi cosi car seats and I can't imagen going many places without my husband for the first few weeks so they can be carried in car seats,
The stroller I've seen is light weight and will fit thru doors with a lay back function so it will be good and practical rather than a heavy clumpy twin pram,
I personally would have loved a bugaboo donkey but the more money I spend out on that the less I have to spoil them in gorgeous clothes ect xx

I've seen this one before but I personally don't like the colour lol,
There's a website that does a black one that's like this for a bit cheaper but I've just checked and they don't ship abroad, it looks good for the price :)

Where did you find a black one? Link if you have it? Im not keen on this colour either

Love it scattyash, thanks! Have found it for sale in a few places, this might be a winner for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back