TWINS!

clairedoran

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

have you thought about this possibility? Is there any in your family? and would you be delighted or scared?

I would be very scared of how I would cope tbh, twins are so lovely and unique but it must be such hard work! Maybe if I had had twins first time I wouldn't know any different but knowing how hard it is with one at times, I thoroughly admire any mother of multiples! Anyone think they may be having twins?

xx

its so weird you posted this, for the past week i have had 4 dreams that i am having twins, very strange indeed!

we have twins on my side of the family and DH 2b has twins on his side so its a possibility!

id be delighted :D we always wanted a big family and what a great way to start!

guess il find out when i get my private scan at 8 weeks :)

lillou said:
its so weird you posted this, for the past week i have had 4 dreams that i am having twins, very strange indeed!

we have twins on my side of the family and DH 2b has twins on his side so its a possibility!

id be delighted :D we always wanted a big family and what a great way to start!

guess il find out when i get my private scan at 8 weeks :)

Oh wow, it looks like its a very strong possibility for you then! My dh would LOVE twins, hes obsessed! I sit next to a lady in work who has twins and she said it wasn't hard at all :shock: as she knew no different. You will have to keep us posted, they may see 2 little heart beats at your scan!

xx

I think my OH would pass out if they tell us we're having twins at the scan next week!

Luckily there are no twins in either side of the family so its unlikely, I love twins and have looked after many (Im a nursery nurse - or was) some adorable and well behaved and some very hard work, I think it largely depends on the parents but have found with some sets of twins especially identical their parents can struggle to control them and they know it, when they hit the terrible twos.
I think I would like one at a time, although it would solve the fact I want two children and OH only wants one!!! :lol:

im expecting twins and to me its very scary thought haveing to deal with 2babies!!! its very exciting though i cant wait to meet them...we were shocked at first and for the first few days all we could do was say twins and laugh...strange i know!!!!

I like a good challenge and think this will be the hardest of the lot but u learn to cope like u learn to cope with one!!!!!

Ive also got a 2year old son so i def have my work cut out!!!!! destined for grey hair and wrinkles by the time im 23 me thinks!!!!!

Im sure you will be great! From what I've heard organisation is the key! I hope nothing I said made you feel worse obviously being opposite sex twins they wont be identical and I don't know why - probably the not being able to pretend to be each other - but the ones Ive looked after the non identicals have been easier then the identical twins (no offence ment to anyone with identical ones of course just my own observation)

Have you been in touch with any twin suport groups I'm sure it must be a big help talking to people who have been through it all! Im sure it will just be double the fun and love for you! :hug: :hug:

oh yes i would LOVE twins!

i did have a twin pregnancy with my youngest son, but unfortunatly i miscarried the 2nd baby.

i would be so happy if i had twins, especially twin girls!!!

I think it would be lovely to have twins but hard work! My dad is a twin, he has a twin sister. DH would be mortified if we were to have twins, on an evening when my tummy is more bloated he says "there must be more than one in there ... but I hope not!!!" :wink:

Xxx

I'd be very surprised but delighted to have twins. There's not much chance as there are none in the family.

im a twin (i have a twin brother)
to have twins is such a blessing i think its amazin with my brother as we are so close.
my mum did say however it was hard work, if one of us started crying the other would wake up crying, and breastfeeding was impossible for her. but she was a single mum at the time, so if you are invloved u have that unity to take care of both.

but not to wory i have triplets due out in my generation lol

There are twins on both sides for us, we know from a private scan that we're only expecting one. I know I'd be very nervous if I were told to be expecting twins! :lol:

mmonroemaniac said:
my boyfriend is a twin and my boyfriends mum is a twin! lol

i always thought they skip a generation your the 2nd person i kno now (well ure boyfrind lol) that are a twin of a twin very rare.

My OH's dad is a twin and we lost twins in sep so we were told that our chances for twins were higher than usual. I was quite disappointed when we had our scan and saw one little peanut tbh, but i know that was just me trying to go back in time to when i was expecting twins.
Just happy we have a peanut xxx

Would absolutely love twins :cheer: Would be double the joy and fun!! :cheer: :hug: :cheer:
They run on my Mother's side of the family, but I never expect it to happen, would be over the moon if it did heehee

Hey,

I'm scared too... I'm very big and out of my trousers... People are saying I look about 4/5 months pregnant... My dates haven't actually been confirmed yet so could be further than I thought.

DAD'S SIDE: My grandad's brother has twins.

MUM'S SIDE: My great nan was a twin and my other great nan had 4 sets of twins, my mum had 2 sets of twins (but miscarried the 2nd twin both times).

So yes, it is a worry, especially being a single parent, although I'd love them just as much! xx

Hmmm, there are lots of twins in my family & a set in OH's family. Not sure about wanting them though!!! lol. OH thinks it would be great. The thought of being responsible for TWO little lives scares me though and I worry I wouldn't be able to cope. Oh well, will find out for definite ion Tuesday. Having said that, there is a little part of me that would quite like it.

its funny how DH's dont feel like it would be a prob!!

happy with whatever i'm blessed with

Id love to have twins! Saying that Id be more than happy with one! But twins would be an extra special blessing and absolutely terrifying too!

The thought and idea seems wonderful to have twins and get two bundles of joy in one pregnancy, I would never like identical twins though. Dont have twins anywhere in any side of our family. This time we know we are having one from the scan but practically having 2 is so much hard work - worth it but still I would say I would not want twins for the first pregnancy. Afterwards it might be a delight having had some experience. I dont think we have a chance anyway...good luck to anyone having twins..it sure will be an energetic task :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back