TTC tips?!

I was the same, went all out with charting my temperature (did the charting course on FertilityFriend), used OPKS, took evening primrose oil and pre-conceive vitamins, used softcups and preseed and checked my cervical mucus every day. Oh and followed the SMEP plan.

think that was all............. haha, but it worked!

I was the same, went all out with charting my temperature (did the charting course on FertilityFriend), used OPKS, took evening primrose oil and pre-conceive vitamins, used softcups and preseed and checked my cervical mucus every day. Oh and followed the SMEP plan.

wow - I thought I was orginised. I have had a look at preconception testing, dont know if I should ask about this with my GP as it seems from alot of forums that GP's tend to turn a blind eye - and working in the NHS I know what they are like so it is making me a bit uneasy about what I should approach for, docs can be very uppity and I feel like if I turn up and say "right I want to have a baby what do I need" that she will look at me as if, your not ill - have sex - bye ... So this is why I am getting tips in haha.

How long were you TTC with all the above before you got pregnant? I have had my implant out for 14 months but just properly starting this month as I wanted to give my cycles time to get back to normal.

Hello,

Using opk's & charting your temp is a good way, opk tells u when your going to ovulate & temps confirm ovulation. But u need to do your temps from cd1 so abit late for this cycle.

I've only just bought a CBFM so can't comment on them but I've heard their good & looking forward to using it nxt cycle, I'll use my cheapies too & as soon as I get a dark line I'll use CBFM.

Good luck xx

I think I will stick to the OPK's for a few months and if nothing then I will start tracking temp as this seems quite difficult, especially when you were born with a brain as a siv.

Good luck with the FM, I saw that in Lloyds, the one I saw was like £90 for the machine and £25 for your sticks but I noticed there was a cheaper, smaller one - I think known my luck I would buy it and fall pregnant the first month wasting £115 lol and when I dont get one it'll take ages.. the joys.

I spent £70....arghhhh! Got monitor & 20 sticks off eBay. I'm hoping I won't need it but that's wishful thinking. You can buy them on amazon for £60 I think.

Temping us easy as long as long as u don't work shifts, main thing is to take temp same time every morning as a later reading can give misleading results.

Xx

is there a point in keeping track of your temp and ovulation when tubes are blocked?.i was told both my tubes are blocked got them opened like 4months ago and still nating.so i kinda lost interest of keeping track of my temp. ;(

Amber; You must have got the bigger one then and its just that bit cheaper cause you got it from online - I didnt even think of looking online, I picked it up and thought "f*** that" and put it back haha - hopefully you wont need it love but atleast it will be exciting to use and easier to read. Its kind of like a big OV version of a diabetes sugar checker isnt it? I would prob like to use it but not spend the money on it. Hmmm after being on here for only a day I have realised TTC is just as expensive is actually having a baby. "it costs nothing to enter the world but a foturne to leave it" - whoever said that obviously hadn't bought PT's, OPK's, lube, vitamins and your gadget thingy! good luck love!!

Mona; I would keep tracking them as maybe this will give you atleast some inckling when you are about to OV. Although maybe ask one of the wise temp charters for advice, I haven't started tracking mine yet.

lol so true.i spent so much money on vitamins,acupuncture herbal medicine,ovulation kits and gyn.

and the funy thing is their are babies being born every day to ppl who dnt even want kids and the kids end up being abused and neglected

wow - I thought I was orginised. I have had a look at preconception testing, dont know if I should ask about this with my GP as it seems from alot of forums that GP's tend to turn a blind eye - and working in the NHS I know what they are like so it is making me a bit uneasy about what I should approach for, docs can be very uppity and I feel like if I turn up and say "right I want to have a baby what do I need" that she will look at me as if, your not ill - have sex - bye ... So this is why I am getting tips in haha.

How long were you TTC with all the above before you got pregnant? I have had my implant out for 14 months but just properly starting this month as I wanted to give my cycles time to get back to normal.

1 month!! we hadnt been using contraception for about a year, but i wasnt following when I would ovulate so no idea if we ever had sex at the right time. December was the first month that i used everything at once, and bingo!

1 month!! we hadnt been using contraception for about a year, but i wasnt following when I would ovulate so no idea if we ever had sex at the right time. December was the first month that i used everything at once, and bingo!

Thats exactly like me, I started looking roughly at OV dates over the last few months and noticed that my CM wasnt matching the dates that I was suppoesedly OV - so that why this month Im gonna get the sticks, lube and vitamins this week and off I go - quite excited now cause I felt like even though I wasnt trying for that whole year that there was maybe something wrong .. but im glad that I have given my body that year as I had the implant in for like 4 1/2 years so for some it comes back like the first month but I imagine for a hormone being in your system that long you would need to wait - AF is more regular now give or take a few days .. so heres hoping :) youv actually put a wee smile on my face now haha. I have taken a week off work so itll be my birthday then straight on to BD :) as if DB needs an excuse though haha!

Hi ladies!
I think the best advice I can give is get to know your body. I have tried opks and temping but I have to say I have had the best results by far by learning when cm is fertile. Each time I saw fertile cm I would bd and it worked for me thank god. Me and cosmic tried the same method last month and we both got our bfps
The best of luck to you all xxx

Hi ladies!
I think the best advice I can give is get to know your body. I have tried opks and temping but I have to say I have had the best results by far by learning when cm is fertile. Each time I saw fertile cm I would bd and it worked for me thank god. Me and cosmic tried the same method last month and we both got our bfps
The best of luck to you all xxx

yep its actually called the Billings Method. My mother in law taught me it, its what she got taught by Nuns when she got married! (hubbys family are all very catholic). I was impatient though so did that along with everything else.

I went the whole hog right away as well ...

I got my bfp second month of properly trying, I couldn't do temping though as I work shifts x

I went the whole hog right away as well ...

I got my bfp second month of properly trying, I couldn't do temping though as I work shifts x

I dont want to do the temping as I am very forgetful - I will just get whats on my wee list and if nothing happens within 3 months I will upgrade my list haha. This is my TTC plan of action.

Thanks xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back