Too skinny?

MrsR

Reaction score
I have no idea what I expect you girls to do but here goes. I'm 5'8" tall, weight 10 stone and I'm a size 6 in Next! This came as a complete shock to me! I normally wear an 8 but I tried a size 8 dress on yesterday and it was miles too big! I'm worried that I look too skinny for my frame! When I think size 6 I think 'skeletal' (no offense) and that's not what I want to look like! OH says I don't look skeletal but a size 6!!!! Like I said I dunno why I've posted this. It's just digging at me.

i do think next sizes are bigger that the norm im also a size 8 but nothing in next fits me nice im 5ft 4 and have an average weight of 7 stone 4 i find it really hard to keep weight on me :(
so im sure you dont look skinny its just that next sizes are funny :)

Hey, in my experience NEXT have very big sizes, i'm 5ft1 and 7.6 stone ish and usually a size 8 but in next i have to get a 6.

You sound like you are perfect size to me :)

Thanks ladies :) I put a 8 dress on in topshop and it fit fine! I was just shocked! Lol! Thank you!!!

i find next is big!!! im only about 7stone 5 and i usually wear size 8-10, next ive always been a size 6!!! topshop size 6 is way too small 4me tho!

Wish they'd all stick to the same sizes! Lol! I nearly died!

I think I'm 5'5 and as of yesterday I am 7 and a half stone.
I can squeeze into a size 6, but I'd rather much wear a size 8 because there's more room :D especially in the bust.
You don't sound that skinny, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
As long as you can't see your ribs if you just sit/stand relaxed, I think it's okay if you can see your ribs when you stretch up or whatever, I can see mine if I stretch I think :S

Especially if your OH thinks you're not skeleton-like I don't think you have anything to worry about :)
Sizes range from every different store I have found, it's the same with bloody bra's and shoes!
I was called a skeleton recently but I take no notice of it, they haven't seen my body and I know I'm not that skinny. xxx

Oh I used to be like this, but having two kids has meant I'm now a size 12/14 and I just can't lose the weight! I'm like a 12/14 in Next almost a 16 in some styles of jeans in the petite section. Im only 5'2 so going up to 10st 9lb is not good!

I'm pregnant again now so not so bothered but can't wait to be done with babies and lose some weight. I used to find it hard to put weight on and nothin in Next used to fit me. I was a borderline size 6. I don't want to be that thin again as I think I looked ill but a size 8/10 will do me!

I'm 5'7" and weigh 12 stone. I was a size 10-12 before pregnancy but now am a 14. Bought some size 14 jeans from next without trying on and they fall down off my bum! Theyre massive.

So glad their sizes are big! Lol! Although a 6 is only one down from my regular size it just seemed so tiny! Worry over :)

Thats just made me feel like crap because Ive lost 13lb on Weight Watchers and am finally in a 16 which is slightly too big for me and the trousers are from next :*(

Wish I was a size 6, ha ha! U sound fine to me Hun xxx

i'm 5ft8 and 9.5st but somehow i'm only just squeezing back into my size 8's might have to go to next just to make myself feel a bit better lol, I know most of my problem is after having the 4 boys my hips have spread so size 8 waist fits fine but struggle to do the zips up coz of my hips lol

i'm 5ft8 and 9.5st but somehow i'm only just squeezing back into my size 8's might have to go to next just to make myself feel a bit better lol, I know most of my problem is after having the 4 boys my hips have spread so size 8 waist fits fine but struggle to do the zips up coz of my hips lol

Hmmmmmmm maybe my scales are broke?! I wear a 10 on bottom because I've always had wide hips and they're even wider now! Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back