Weight gain

jools02

Reaction score
Bit of a cheeky question but I was wondering how much weight everyone has gained. My last pregnancy I started off a skinny size 6/8 and about 8 stone. After the birth I stuck at about 10 stone (size 12). I'm now 34 weeks and I'm 11st 2 so I've only put on just over a stone :shock: (but I'm assuming most of that is baby/fluid/uterus etc)
Does anyone know what the average weight gain in pregnancy should be? I'm just wondering if I'm going to pork out in the next few weeks.

Sorry dont know what the average weight gain is but i have gained about just over 2 stone :eek:

they say i think between 20lb and 28lb but i have put maybe 3lb MAX on. Havent been dieting or eating healthy or anything - bit worried to be honest. I am a size 18 5ft 4 tho

:?

Ive gained nearly 4 stone! I was a size 8 in most clothes but I am now buying size 14 and 16 in some shops. I don't have a big belly, the weight seems to have gone everywhere else!

It must be about 4 stone! I put on a similar amount with James too, I've not stepped on my scales for months, it would just depress me!

I was on a hardcore diet when I found out I was pregnant (Id lost nearly 3st) Ive since put that back on and a further 2st. So Ive put on almost 5st since I found out. :oops: :oops:

I gained 18 pounds with Harrison and I've 7 pounds to loose :dance: :dance:

With my first I gained 4 stone :wall:

i've put on a whopping 2lbs :oops: i have LOST an awful lot of muscle. I dont think my bodyfat levels have changed one bit even though ive been eating chips and takeaways fairly often . hurrah for genetics :cheer:

i'll be more concerned with getting the mass back ON after pregnancy

:oops: :oops: looks like Im winning on the pregnancy porkage :oops: :oops: Im praying its alot of water retention... Which would explain my monster hands and feet lol

at last weigh-in i was up to a 4stone weight gain
i think 2 stone of that is pure water though as i seem to be retaining loads of it all over my body
manda xx

I *think* i've put on 1 and a half stone from what i was pre-pregnancy.
Though in the early stages of pregnancy i lost quite a bit of weight - so it depends how you look at it!
I don't think i'm doing too badly :) definitely retaining water as my knees and ankles are pudgy!

Dont worry about it - I think 3 or 4 stone is normal, but everyone is different and if your body tells you to eat during pregnancy then you need to obay!! I have put on about 3 stone. One of my friends put on quite a bit of weight when pregnant but then it all dropped off very soon after birth as she was running around with stuff to do for little one. If ever there is a time in life not to worry about weight, it should be now. :cheer:

I have put on about 3lbs in total :shock:

I haven't put any weight on at all in the last 3 weeks and in that time by baby has put on 600g / 0.6KG so I am not worried as he is obviously fine - just stealing my food :doh:

I've put on just under a stone, ALL of which is just a massive bump sticking out of me, the rest of me has stayed the same size.

hi

i have put on 3 stone

gone from skinny 6/8 to a 10-12, everyone keeps saying i look so much better for it, I was quite gaunt around my face.

my thighs and bum have expanded to support my bump but my waist and arms do not seem too much bigger

i will be glad to loose the extra weight, I hope I will
x

I've put on about a stone and a bit- all on my bump and boobs though! Not too worried about gaining more- it seems normal to gain about 3 stone so ive got plenty of mars bars to goyet!

I've put on just over 1 stone and a half. the half stone piled on instantly within about 3 weeks :shock: maybe i ate too much in the 1st tri!!!
I keep wondering how much more i am likely to gain...i have just over 10 weeks left-does anyone know approx what I should expect???

got to admitt tho...I'm much more relaxed with what i eat now i'm pregnant (I'm sure it should be the other way around!! :think: ) If I want a bag of sweets/chocolate i tend to go and get some :oops:

Ive put on just over 3 stone now I think. I was size 6-8 before. I decided this mornign though, no more getting on the scales now until after Ive had baby...its not worth the stress!!!

They weighted me at 10 weeks and I was 50 kilos (under 8 stones), but I am sure I lost some weight during 1st trimester. I am now 64 kilos (10 stones) so I've put on 2 stones.

Everyone says that I've only put on weight on my belly, but I know that my bum and tights have got bigger too. I can't get my size 6 skinny jeans past my knees! :rotfl:

I am not worried though - loosing weight after birth will be a nice challenge. Time to hit the gym again!

My cousin lost all her baby weight quickly due to breast feeding. Plus her arms are really toned due to carrying around the baby!

I agree with Tillytots no more scales for me until the baby is here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back