TTC IVF/ICSI anyone going through this ??

Maddog30

Reaction score
Hi, i will try and cut a long story short! I am new to this forum. Anyway i have found out i have a blocked right tube and my husband has low sperm count and low mobility so ICSI been recommended. The difficulty is we are in Shanghai and we will go through the process here, even though we can't speak Chinese !

Anyway I had my 1st injection today (day 3) and i didn't feel it at all, however it seems to have caused side effects in just 1 hour and not a pleasant side effect, I had to run to the bathroom !!!

Anyone else going through this process ??

On my 3rd day of injections, after trying to conceive for 3 years I am so fed up, trying to stay hopeful but its so difficult, ICSi is our only chance. I am getting nervous about the egg collection also !

I also have a blocked right fallopian tube!OH waiting for sperm results.Hope it all goes well for you hunxxx

Thanks Peachypam!

I hope your test tube was better than mine, mine was awful, i vomited straight afterwards! Anyway after 2 weeks of daily injections I am due for my egg collection tomorrow and glad I will be knocked out!! Finding it difficult here in Shanghai as I don't know anyone yet and DH working a lot ! But anyway I am just focusing on this and lucky I am not having to go to work and so I can relax more, having a little bit of side effects but nothing major, just feeling a bit sick now and again. Hope your OH's sperm test is ok, my doctor seems to think thats its no big deal if you have only one tube blocked and I know someone who just becasme pregnant with having only 1 tube, but I'm sure it just depends, however we have to have ICSI because of my DH's sperm also. Keep me posted and nice to hear from someone with the same issue.

xxxxxx

How is it going?We still have no sperm test results!So frustrating!We will be seeing the consultant on the 28th July.
How are you feeling?

Hi there

How come you don't have the results yet? I know it must be very frustrating. 28th July is not too far away.

Well it didn't go well, they only collected 4 eggs and 3 were no good, one was ok but didnt make it so nothing to transfer. Basically I have high FSH so my ovaries don't work very well and I am a poor responder to the drugs. 5K wasted ! Anyway doc said I will only ever produce 3 or 4 eggs each month at the most and said its worth trying again, but will not use all of the drugs next time around as I am a poor responder. It just seems to have taken a 360 degree as at first it was because of my hubby's sperm and my blocked tube but now it seems it's also my ovaries.

Well I was on my own at the hospital yesterday when i heard the news (hubby was at work) I just cried when i came out of the doc's room. it's just hard to take in, Im 31 and have regular periods and no history of anything so its just hard to understand.:wall2:

Feeling like I need to go to UK and have family around me for some support, hubby has been so understanding but at work 7 days a week at the mo so Im on my own everyday here. We would like the treatment in UK but financially its impossible as his job is here and can't travel to and from everytime he needs to.

So maybe we will try again, not sure, for me I think I coped with the injections and the egg collection ok but emotionally its very difficult.

Good luck for 28th July !!

Aww Maddog.It must be so hard for you out there on your own most of the time!I already have 2 children by my ex husband.My daughter is 13 and my son is 8.Both were conceived with no problems.
I'm now 35 and have been with my fiance for 6 years and ttc for 16 months.Will be interesting to hear what doc has to say on the 28th.
Don't give up Maddog.How long are you going to be there for?Not ideal for you when you don't know anyone or speak the language.

Peachypam, thanks for you support, not long for you now. Yeah it will be interesting to know what the doc does have to say, fingers crossed for you. I'm starting to feel a bit better, felt really down but think the shock is wearing off now. Maybe we will leave this place if he finds a new job, its so frustrating not understanding the language etc...... My hubby is working crazy hours, we were looking forward to his day off last Sunday but his boss decided he had to work! 7am - 11pm! So till now we have not really had the chance to spend quality time together and his job is not what he thought it would be. Anyway I'm sure we will move from this place soon so at least thats something, but just leaves us not knowing where we will end up and when we can try again. I am 31 and my hubby is 38, I am coming up 32 soon and feel like time is running out !

Time definately not running out!Your only a young thing!It would be good for you to get an opinion in the UK though.Glad your feeling a bit better and realise your not gonna be stuck there forever.
I'll let you know how I get on on the 28th.xxx

Hi Peachpam

How did things go? We have almost 3 weeks until we can start ICSI again.

OH had very low sperm count on all 3 counts.We were devastated.He has to repeat the test next week and then we have to see doc again on 18th August.
Must admit, I wasn't suprised as I conceived 2 kids very easily with ex hubby.Feel really bad for OH but he really positive that it will be better next time.He had urine infection the month before he produced sample and was on 3 different lots of antibiotics.
How are you?xxx

Hey Peachypam

Sorry to hear the news but maybe next test will be better? If not then is IVF/ICSI an option you can go through? What did the doc think about it? My hubby has same problem thats why we need ICSI.

Im ok, we are planning to leave but need another job to go to, we are due to start IVF again in 3 weeks, if we are still here. My hubby working 95hrs this week and its driving us crazy ! I would much prefer to go through IVF/ICSI in UK but a bit difficult financially.

Try to stay positive, I know its difficult, my hubby also had to have 2 sperm tests, there is so much they can do these days. Im trying to stay positive about my situation but I'm just worried about my eggs.

I will keep fingers crossed for us both !

We are hoping that the first test results were bad because OH had bad urine infection.If he gets bad result again then I think we will try ISCI after the New Year.
I've got no idea how much it costs?!
How did your OH take the news that he had low sperm count?I cant understand it a my OH is very fit, doesn't smoke and only drinks occasionaly.
Glad you are doing ok and have a positive attitude.Must be hard for you.xxxx

Sorry for the late response, things have been a bit hectic here in terms of the work situation with my hubby.

I hope your OH's sperm test will be ok next time, however ICSI is not a bad option. It cost us around 4.5K here but not sure how much it would be in the UK.

When my hubby got the news, he didn't take it too bad, we knew we had problems so at least that explained it, little did we know then that I also had problems, so I guess he doesn't feel so bad now that it's both of us!

My hubby is also fit however has a lot of stress of work, maybe thats why, who knows, I suppose we will never know why, just like I don't know why I also have problems.

When will your OH be able to repeat the test?, hope its not too long of a wait.

xx

He gave sample yesterday and we go back to the consultant on the 18th August so not long to wait.

Wouldn't it be great if we just fell pregnant naturally!Never mind, I am so lucky to have two lovely kids already.

I hope it happens for you soon Maddog!xxx

Well we got the results of the second sperm test and they are much the same.Been advised to go for ICSI.

Not what I expected after having two kids with no probs at all!

Hi both,

Hope you dont mind me joining you. I'm in a similar situation to you peachypam - got second set of DH's results back today, and they were even worse than the first :-( Very hard news for him to take in.
So it means I won't be having a tubal patency test because there's no point - recommended to go straight for IVF. Need to talk it through and then decide where we'll go from here. Just quite terrified at the moment of the prospect of not being able to have any kids.

So if you'd like another shoulder / ear to rant at, I'm here with you :)

Hi Bead

You are more than welcome to join in the discussion.

I can imagine your DH will be upset but at least now you both know. It will take some time to sink in but then you will both come to accept it. I had to have the tubal test even though my husband's sperm was low, it was not a nice experience so its good you don't have to go through that! Sounds like your doc is straight to the point which is great.

I started my second IVF/ICSI 2 days ago, I have to go on the micro IVF as I am not a good responder, it's much easier as only 3 injections involved but success rate not as good as normal IVF. Anyway, gonna give it a try and see.

I feel the same as you, scared that I won't be able to be a mother, but I try to stay positive, although I know its difficult.

Peachypam......... If you need to know anything about the ICSI/IVF just ask. It is the best option if sperm count is low or no mobility.

I will try and keep you updated on how my Micri IVF is going !

Take care both of you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do docs often refer to ICSI as IVF? Or would they always say ICSI if they mean ICSI? Just wondering as we were told we'd be referred for IV but OH count was really v low...

Wishing you the very best of luck with your current treatment Maddog30 Xx

Hi to you all I hope you dont mind me butting in I just wanted to say I do hope things work out for you all. I had resigned myself to the fact that we would have to have ICSI as OH had a reversal vasectomy and sperm count came back as 9 million but mobility and antibodies were present and didnt look good. OH was great and lost weight and excersised more cut down on drinking etc and his sperm count improved by 2 mill. Month by month went by tho and still no bfp and I was quite down and took time off as was quite depressed thinking I would never have a child and our consultant said that if no bfp by dec then go for ICSI so I put my focus on saving the 5k for the treatment. OH already has a child we would of had to pay and it would have only been 1 cycle. We were put off sex which wasnt helpful but it was becoming such a chore. Anyway we tried to chill out about it and to our amazement got our BFP naturally beginning of may. I hope you dont think I am trying to rub it in I just wanted to say that i really hope things turn out good for you too. My friend at work went through ICSI and they have a lovely little boy so dont give up. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back