Thoughts on the Oyster please

TaffyRose

Reaction score
Well we've started pram shopping! To start off with we looked at the icandy range but ended up in Mothercare and really liked the Oyster. We have 2 dogs so do a lot of walking and this seemed sturdier than a lot of the others but still easy to fold and quite light. We have quite a high boot and the icandy's are so heavy! It also seemed to tick the box in terms of being cost effective. Just wondering if anyone else has looked at or has the Oyster. I've had some thoughts from the post in 'Ask a Mum' but wanted to ask you guys too :) xxx

Last edited:
I have an oyster and I really like it. However I have just discovered that if going for walks over muddy paths or fields it's not the best. It's great for walking round the streets and going shopping as its so light but if u like going to parks and country walks its not that good. We are going to invest in a sling now for our country walks.

I have a quinny buzz so can't really help you there hun xx

I've ordered the oyster because it's light I also have an off roader for countryside days as the oyster is more an urban pram x

Cheers girls. We do quite a lot of wood walks, but have decided to use a sling for these as it's a struggle to walk through some of the mud, let alone get any buggy through it. We were recommended a Phil and Ted but personally I just didn't want one of these for a newborn. I guess I could always keep an eye out on ebay for a Phil and Ted when the baby's older.

Anyone got any experience of the Mothercare My3? xxx

Oooh ive ordered the oyster (with the grape colour pack) and cant wait for it to arrive, i was limited as i have a Ka so space is poo, but fell in love as soon as i saw it :)

I've got the mothercare my3 although baby has yet to arrive I love it im planning to use it to walk dogs with and mums going to come out walking with me while I ride my horsey. It is so easy to put together (me and my sister put it together and we are both useless at things like that lol) and I dont find it heavy and im 5ft 2 and not exactly big built. I love my pram :D xx

Cheers girls. We do quite a lot of wood walks, but have decided to use a sling for these as it's a struggle to walk through some of the mud, let alone get any buggy through it. We were recommended a Phil and Ted but personally I just didn't want one of these for a newborn. I guess I could always keep an eye out on ebay for a Phil and Ted when the baby's older.

Anyone got any experience of the Mothercare My3? xxx

I have a my4 and I love it! Absolutely fantastic pram! Went through snow like a dream! Easy to push, light but sturdy and I love how easy it is to lie baby back and switch forward facing to rear facing xx

I think I may have to pop in during the week and have a look at the my3 and my4 xx

Last edited:
I got the Jane rider and the suspension can be altered for different surface plus the wheels are sturdy and the pram itself if very solid.

I'm starting to test the iCandy strawberry in march as I was selected as a tester for them.

I have also ordered the Oyster in grape! totally fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! :D nice & light xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back