Thoughts on the Oyster

TaffyRose

Reaction score
We went pram testing today and it's a minefield, I think deciding on our car was an easier decision! We started off in John Lewis as we wanted to test the icandy range. We really liked the icandy Peach, however there were a couple of draw backs, one being the price and two it is very heavy and we have quite a high car I would have to lift it into. Also it seemed a bit silly that the way it folds the handle goes onto the floor, so will no doubt get muddy and scratched. Not necessarily a deal breaker but when you're spending a lot of money....

We then went into Mamas and Papas and liked the look of the Luna. Obviously it was much more cost effective but we didn't like the fact it just didn't seem as sturdy, I guess that's because we were comparing it to the icandy. We have 2 dogs so it needs to be pretty sturdy as we go on a lot of walks.

Lastly we went to Mothercare and had really good service and fell in love with the Oyster. It was more cost effective and felt much sturdier than the Luna. For ruggedness we were recommended the Phil and Ted, but I just didn't want one of those for a newborn, just a personal opinion.

Sorry for the long ramble basically what I'm after is opinions and views on the Oyster :) xxx

My sister was going to get the oyster as she had to be careful with price but she ended up with the sliver cross surf and it's been brilliant she paid just under £400 for it and it's great value for money.

Sorry I can't help with the oyster but just thought the surf is anyone to look at

I have two friends with the oyster and they love them. Have a look at the mamas and papas rubix pram is very similar to the iCandy range and lot cheaper!!!

I had an ICandy apple for when lo was born... but by 6 weeks old I'd got an oyster and think it doesn't feel as well built, but the oyster is so much more portable, folds easier and smaller and also can easily push with one hand. I love the oyster :)

I have the oyster and two weeks in really love it. It is light weight and easy to push. Have the maxi cosi car seat and find this and the pram easy to clip on and off. The bonus is that the clips omused for the car seat can stay on and it still fits on the iso fix base.

The only draw back is that it is quite low and dd can look a bit far away but I'm 5ft 3 so not really much of a problem. I have the height adjusters but I thought the pram did not look that sturdy with them.

I actually looked at the oyster about a month ago as I was after a new pushchair for Jacob, looked at the new quinny buzz and the iCandy peach also, in the end the iCandy won hands down, so much better to look at and more solid and well built than the other two. When you say you found it heavy, do you mean to push or to lift up? Jacob is 20lbs now and it's super light to push/steer/manoeuvre, even with one hand. To get around the folding problem, I collapse it so the handlebar is on my foot :)

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I wouldn't recommend a luna for a newborn personally as baby cant face you and the carrycot isnt great as not sturdy. I have the Sola and its been fantastic, the carrycot is suitable for over night sleeping and fits on a moses basket stand, its easy to put up and down, faces both ways, small and easy to get in car. I have a dog and its so easy to push with one hand. Honestly just have a demo in the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back