Ordered our travel system!! :)

Em91

Reaction score
Hello all hope you're well... We went pram shopping today :D

Been looking at the Hauck condor online for ages, but when we saw it in the shop today we were much less impressed, it was a bit bulkier than we want since i've only got a little car! & putting it up and down wasn't as simple as it could be.

We really liked the Oyster but with the total cost coming to £546 it was a bit pricey & we wanted to get it from mothercare for the baby plan even though it was cheaper online.
We were in mothercare and falling more and more in love with the Oyster today. Manager was talking to us about the price match. Meaning that if we could go away and find the same thing in stock somewhere else cheaper they would match it. Which is exactly what we did. Now paying a total of £360 for the Oyster including the colour packs etc. :D

Sorry this is a really pointless thread just over the moon that we got the system we liked for so cheap :)! Deffo advise anyone who's wanting something from Mothercare to ask them if they do price match. So worth it :)

thats a brilliant deal, still havent ordered mine lol x

I like the Oyster, where did you get the price of £360 from to give to Mothercare? x

Thanks, might have to make a trip to Mothercare! x

That's brilliant! We went for the Oyster too. What colour did you go for?

It's so exciting ordering the pram, really made things real for me :) We loved the Oyster too but went for the my3 in the end as we needed some a bit hardier for dog walking xxx

OMG so glad you didn't get the hauck, that was the first system I had when I had my son, it was bloody awful. The car seat was impossiblle to get on the pushchair and it was bulky and heavy and just crap lol I dumped it in the end and bought the trenton deluxe from mothercare, which I loved, but my son soon outgrew the car seat mode so then I changed to the quinny buzz, which I LOVE and wish I'd had from the start.

Can't have that with two LOs though so have gone for icandy peach, should be in to pick up first week of april and well excited lol

aw em, i love the oyster - have seen a few new mums with the oyster recently and they all love it!

:dust:Whoop!! Congrats! bet it feels real now! I cant wait to go pram shopping! leaving it until after 20 week scan which to be fair is only 2 weeks tomoz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

What exactly did Mothercare give you for the £360 Em? I'm really thinking about asking about it. x

Got the chassis/normal seat (in black which is £30 more than silver) the carrycot and colour packs. x

Are the colour packs for the pushchair part and the carrycot? Do they come as black as standard and then you can add the colour packs on? x

Sorry forgot to ask, did you take a printout of that offer you found online to show mothercare for pricematch? x

You have to buy a colour pack for the pushchair but the carrycot comes in standard black with optional colour pack. Because we went for black anyway we didn't need a carrycot colour. I'd already been in so when we went back just showed them the site on my phone. They typed url into their commuter to check it was instock. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back