Things much more difficult with a bump!

Lou12

Reaction score
After putting up some flat pack furniture - just a 3 drawer chest yesterday and 2 drawer bedside cabinet today - I've come to the conclusion that things are so much more difficult when you have a bump! I'm usually rather good and quick with flat pack - but it took me twice as long due to not being able to sit/stand/kneel is certain positions.

After doing that I sat on the floor to fold baby's clothes into one of the bottom drawers (not putting baby's furniture up yet as we're getting a re-wire next week) - even that was difficult because it was killing my back!!!

So - what have you found to be more difficult with your lovely bump?

xxx

I work with small children and have still got 3 more weeks at work, the tables have toys etc set out like lego and where i used to just pick up all the stray bits off the floor as i went round it's now virtually impossible to bend over far enough to reach the floor! So i can pick up maybe one bit but it takes an age and it's difficult! I now have to bribe the kids to do 'good tidying' never used so many stickers ;) also at home bending over to load/unload washing machine etc OH has to do it!

Another thing is getting up off the sofa/low chairs i actually have to heave myself up now! and baths are a no no :p lol x

Last edited:
Sex is more difficult!! OH forgets that he can't lean forward without squashing me and LO!
Finding clothes that fit, especially trousers as they can be sooo uncomfy when sat down! Putting my socks on is getting harder, as is any bending down lol x

Sex is more difficult!! OH forgets that he can't lean forward without squashing me and LO!
Finding clothes that fit, especially trousers as they can be sooo uncomfy when sat down! Putting my socks on is getting harder, as is any bending down lol x

Sex! of course how could i forget that one ;) lol OH is always squishing bump i find myself having my hands over the top of my bump so that he doesn't forget!

EVERYTHING!!!!!!! I guess i'm one of the unlucky ones who gets nothing but pain. Ican barely walk at the moment due to one of my feet/ankle swelling up and it's agony... then there is my hips... they make it impossible to get up after being sat down for a while!

It took me nearly 15 minutes to get out of the bath yesterday lol!!!

puttin socks on was my worst thing x

Sex??? What's that lol - that's been impossible since my SPD started to get bad. It sounds really awful but OH doesn't ask, so I don't offer haha. I probably should at some point, I could probably handle spooning...

Oh goodness the bath - I wouldn't even try now. It's bad enough getting in the bath to use the shower, never mind sitting down too - I'd be in there forever!!!

Shaving...not my arm pits!

All of the above lol and I keep bumping my bump into door handles, or work surfaces lol x

Oooh yes, I've been known to do a little dance trying to avoid doors and furniture when I get to close haha.

Everything in general: -
Getting off sofa
Getting up off bed to go p every hour at night
Putting socks on. Bring back the sunshine and flip flop weather
Sleeping
Getting comfortable to even sit
Washing feet in shower
I have to actually sit on floor to put washing in machine and then getting up takes an age

The joys of pregnancy are never ending lol

Ha ha! Love this thread!

Aside from everything else thats been said, I find walking anywhere in a hurry is impossible.

Generally wanting to do as much as I used to but not being able is tough.
X

^^^ Agreed on the walking thing!

If i try and rush i look like a penguin on speed!

It's the socks and shoes thing that really gets me. Because of my spd, I'm not supposed to stand on one leg for anything, so I sit down to put my socks and shoes on (well I'd probably tip over anyway even without the spd!!) but then I can't reach my feet because of bump. It hurts to separate my legs with my pelvic pain, so I do this weird bent-knee-foot-up-grunt-while-I-lean-forward manoeuvre. It's not remotely attractive! :p xx

Bending down for me, having to squat now instead haha.
Putting on socks and shoes
And shaving my legs!
And shaving my foof!!!!
Sex obviously....

That's it for me ATM!

getting things out of the oven because its low down and i tend to get very sudden back pain attacks, which means i can drop whatever im holding! not ideal!

Stairs and shaving ...

Its very hard to shave something you can't see :blush:

Sleeping ... can't get comfortable, and everytime I try to roll over I wake myself up

So was it just me that found it difficult to wipe my bum towards the end. I used to dread going to the loo.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Well... Pretty much everything! I've resorted to my oh having to do the shaving of the bits, if I'd left it any longer it would have looked like the Jackson 5 down there! He also has been tying my laces, but he's back to work tomorrow, so unless I wear slip ons I'm screwed!
Walking into everything
Getting out of bed
Turning over in bed
Walking for more than 10 minutes
I'm even agreeing with the wiping one on the toilet, but can strangely still epilate my legs! Oh the joys, but I don't mind really got a LO to meet soon and can't wait! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back