How much easier/more difficult did you find having a baby?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello Girls!!!

First of all, well done to all of you for those gorgeous babies!!!
I am only 24 weeks so still have loads of time in front of me but I start to ask myself questions like how much does the baby need feeding, how often does the baby needs changing, how much does he need to sleep etc....

So I was wondering if you find it easier than you thought or more difficult than you imagined looking after a baby?

Cheers, Nathalie

The first few weeks were rough but I'm now getting used to the sleep deprivation! Ava is 6 weeks old now and sleeping through the night! :D She is now up to 5oz of formula every 4 hours until she goes to sleep for the night. She's a joy!

like u i worried about all these things but i was so silly too. it all comes to u once your baby arrives. :?

just take each day as it comes. :lol:

danielle is almost 3 months, she has slept through the night since she was 4 weeks old, before that she used to wake at 3am and 6am. so not too bad. :wink:

you will know when to change you bubba! lol :D

i am finding having a bubba truely amazing, i want aleast 2 more :!:

hope all goes ok for u, just pm if u wanna chat about anything
good luck :D :D :D

i agree, it all comes together when buba is here, i had so many worrys about how i would cope and was thinking about the smallest things such as how much should he be feeding and how often.

LOL amber im slowly getting used to sleep deprivation now too! lol Luckily jamie is so good at the moment (fingers crossed!!) so far he's only woken up twice in the night, once at 12 and again at 5ish so im quite lucky really but hey hes only 4 days old it could all change yet!

i am finding lack of sleep quite hard hannah is 2 weeks old today also just the amount of time looking after her takes up must have forgot from first. she is only waking once in the night so quite lucky there. I am sure it will get easier. Been out for the day today forgot how much organization that take it was like a military monover (needed more things than an army) but would'nt swap it.[/img]

I know what you mean tommy! I haven't been going out as much because it's such a chore taking Ava along and with the high temps, I don't like taking her out in it.

i think your all lucky
my baby girl(no name) i just ova 2 wks an sleeps for half an hour at a time she wakes up an i try 2 feed her but she wont drink an i check her nappy an shes dry, not too hot, not too cold ,ive even checked her for broken bones!! no idea wats wrong with her
i have totally given up on gettin any sleep
im like a zombie!!!!

luv mummy

ps i did manage to take her out on thursday but tha woz terrible
ill post it in d teenage preg forum coz i cant b bovad 2 rite it 100s of times

mummy2be - that must be hard. I am also finding it harder than I thought, i don't think any amount of books and peoples advice can prepare you for a baby until you have it. I think you should speak to your midwife or health visitor about your bambino's feeding tho as that is harsh. Is your baby putting on weight?

Although I am finding things hard it is worth it for sure. Dominic wakes up at about 1 and 4 in the night so only twice, but it's not the same time each night. I don't think the weather helps with their feeding though.

xx

it is hard work but worth it - Ewan has a period at night between 6pm and 11pm that he won't settle crys if you lay him down. feeds every hour, has wind that i can't seem to get up. is very waring! you need to have lot of patience .. ewan seems to be a grumpy baby at the moment. though he is getting better and more intereactive. hubby finds dealing with the drying hard at times, as do i.
no books can prepare you for this life changing event.

Well I am mentally prepared for it to be a nightmare having a newborn in the house and some friends have said that it might mean that I get pleasantly surprised.

My only visions of motherhood are a baby that doesn't stop crying and crying my eyes out at the top of the stairs in despair, so with any luck I might find some good things as well.

Please reassure me that there will be some good moments! :D :? :? :?

being a mummy is a fantastic experience...i won`t lie babies do cry but they also smile, laugh, coo, when my daughter looks in my eyes and smiles it`s a reminder of how great it is to be a mummy.

i have been lucky cos she has 3 naps during the day for about an hour- or two. she sleeps from 8pm til 6 am then after a feed back down til 8am. the rest of the time we have feeds laughs cries and we play alot.

i guarentee u will love every minute of being a mummy!!

honey7733 said:
i have been lucky cos she has 3 naps during the day for about an hour- or two. she sleeps from 8pm til 6 am then after a feed back down til 8am. the rest of the time we have feeds laughs cries and we play alot.

Wow I want that!! Last night Dom had a bit of colic and would not settle then kept waking up every hour!! It is worth it but I have shed the odd tear through lack of sleep. I manage to catch sleep during the day when he naps though so that's good.

i hope it is easier than u all say it is
fingers crossed lol
luv kayli

god i feel like cryin all the timebut i totally agree with honey being a mummy is the most fantastic thing in the world
ye they cry a lot (loads) but seein them smile makes your day (or even your week)
and watching them sleep they look so peaceful and you just no that you'd do anything to keep them that way
and you wud do ne thing to keep them safe
sorry if i bored u with my soppy mummy talk!!lol

luv mummy and nicole keila

Being a mommy is the most wonderful thing. I love my Ava to bits and I'm really looking forward to having more kids in the future. :)

Am looking forward to having more kids too, so it can't be that bad really ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back