What nursery furniture are you having?

Where can I get good Quality baby Furniture at a reasonable price? My baby is 6 months old and I want to get good quality furniture for my darling baby all in white at a reasonable price. Can someone give me some tips on buying baby furniture?

I have gone for Tutti Bambini Lucas wardrobe and the Katie sleigh cotbed in white. I have a next changing unit in white too which matches. Spent a total of £650 on the lot.

Try kiddies kingdom for some good deals.

We rent a small 2 up 2 down place so baby will have to be in our room until we can afford either a bigger rental or a mortgage.

So can only fit a mosses basket in. Will use the bed to change the nappies :S

We.got.our from Ikea, there's a cot, a.wardrobe, a set of drawers/changing unit and a toy chest...its lovely, sturdy and not too expensive. The cot even turns into a bed for LO x :)
1f5ede30-3ecf-6c7e.jpg

We got some stickers.for the wall and theyve made it look lovely :)

1f5ede30-3f23-7dde.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

That looks lovely - I could just flop into that chair and nod off :)

If I could have a nursery then it would have to be Winne the Pooh themed :D

Aww that nursery is lovely. I was convinced I was having a girl and planned a million and one themes of girly nursery in my head. BUT its a little boy and I have no idea where to start!! Doesnt help that I hate the colour blue.. xxx

We've not got a blue nursery for my ds I wanted older and as I never managed to decorate before he was born he's having a feature wall with wallpaper of cars, buses, lorries etc and creamy white walls with a red carpet, blind and little accessories I've bought/ given as gifts to make it properly boy like!

Im struggling to decide on a theme for my nursery, i do love mamas and papas - Zeddy and Parsnip but its very expensive, also love NEXT - Lilly and Minie range too. Any suggestions? xxx

Were going minimal with just a sidecar (babybay) for our bed. Also had a lovely wooden cradle made and getting a changing table made to match with hearts cut into them!

If anyone is looking for a cot bumper to start their set, I actually have 2 for sale! One is Barnaby Bear (Cream with light brown and mint green), one is Winnie the Pooh (cream with red stars) and I have a few other bits and bobs too. They've come with things I've bought and I'm not going to use them so might as well let someone else get the benefit of them! I'd really just be looking for a fiver and postage, not that fussed about making money on them. Just haven't got round to putting them on ebay yet xx

Im struggling to decide on a theme for my nursery, i do love mamas and papas - Zeddy and Parsnip but its very expensive, also love NEXT - Lilly and Minie range too. Any suggestions? xxx

Loooove the Zeddy & Parsnip, but as you say it's far too expensive!

I ordered our nursery bedding and such today - half from Argos, half from Ebay. It's a discontinued set so had to get it where I could. It's the Dearest Bambi set.

bambi-cot-bumper-1.jpg

Paid about £180 but that is for...

Quilt
Bumper
Cot organiser
Curtains
Sleeping Bag
Nappy stacker
Laundry Bag
Cushion
Towel

Just missing the fleece blanket, but the guy on eBay has said he should be able to get more of those in (if not Amazon have got it for a little bit more).

Can't wait for it to arrive now!!!

We are buying a white cot and then getting the bog standard Ikea chest of drawers in white for the nursery.

We will probably pick up a wardrobe at some point, but it will just be a white wardrobe, not necessarily a matching set so to speak.

I think nurseries are like weddings ... businesses double the price .. when at the end of the day a wardrobe is a wardrobe?!

Exactly tweetyfoo. I ended up just going for normal furniture, and only splashed out on the cot. The second hand one I bought will go to MIL's house for when she has bubs during the day xx

We're getting our furniture tomorrow and oh is building it. Couldn't be happier! Went for m&p rialto which was £500 for cotbed, wardrobe & chest of drawers. As we bought out pram at the same place, we got 10% off so only £450. Our mattress was £100 so with our discount we effectively paid £40 for that. Sweet :) xx

We're considering the Metropolis range from Mama and Papas, but also the Vito range (i think) which is Mamas and Papas but sold only at Argos. Though still unsure!

Aren't those bumpers useless though because isn't baby supposed to go at the bottom of the cot?

hi..

im getting my furniture from ikea. not the cots or anything just the wardrope with drawers attached, they are white and you can get the doors and drawers in pink, blue or lime. This might not match but it is a bargain, this is why i am getting white furniture so it all matches.. xxx

We are buying a white cot and then getting the bog standard Ikea chest of drawers in white for the nursery.

We will probably pick up a wardrobe at some point, but it will just be a white wardrobe, not necessarily a matching set so to speak.

I think nurseries are like weddings ... businesses double the price .. when at the end of the day a wardrobe is a wardrobe?!

i just bought a white set of furniture for my bedroom from there, the drawers were £39 and are really deep and there is a matching wardrope for £60 they are sturdy too :)

We bought an oak set from mamas and papas which luckily family paid for! I am glad we picked this set as due to the design of the furniture the only thing we will eventually replace is the cotbed for a bed (cotbed will be used for new lo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back