The Clomid Thread - 6 BFP's!

Metformin isn't a fertility drug as such, it is used to treat people with insulin resistance and it helps sort out blood sugar levels and insulin. As your doctor said your pcos is more the hormonal pcos rather than cysts on ovaries etc of pcos, the metformin is the drug used (so I've read) that treats the hormonal side. Clomid works in that it tricks your body into thinking it hasn't produced enough LH hormone so your body produces more of it than normal, therefore helping ovulation as this is an issue with women who have cysts on their ovaries, they need more LH to ovulate so the eggs can pop past the cysts. I think. :eh: Metformin lowers blood sugar levels and helps insulin resistance which helps ovulation (not sure of the exact link). The best thing to do is to try a low carb diet alongside the metformin as I've also read that it can help aid weight loss which reduces pcos symptoms and helps kickstart ov - a friend of mine cut out bread and potatoes etc and lost over a stone in a month and fell pregnant after 3 years ntnp.

Hope that helps in some way. X

Tap Tap Tapatalking!

I dont know I have read online it helps balance hormones aswell. And that's correct my LH is too high, if I can get it down maybe I will ovulate on my own?

Going to pick it up at 5pm And hopefully start them? Do you know if they regulate periods?

And big Congrats Drummers_wife on your BFP!! :dance: :dance:

DW - this is wonderful news! so so pleased for you! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow...... I logged on and I was like I'm sure the subject used to say 3BFP's.

Congrats DW!

Bella how are you doing hun? I cant find your recent update??

Miss J how are you??

xxxx

Does not everyone on clomid have PCOS :eh: Seems like the same difference to me, but I stand corrected. Well done on the BFP anyway, I have no idea who some of the ladies were because I don't often check in here and would have completely missed yours too which I thought would have been a shame was my point xx

I don't have pcos :) low progesterone for me so unsure I Ov but no cysts and regular cycles :) x

Cd16 for me, no positive opk but temp up today, had twinges yesterday so pretty sure 1dpo. The no positive opk concerns me but last months bloods progesterone was 70. Is this weird?

It's baby time - we continue to be cycle buddies :) x

Bella how are you doing hun? I cant find your recent update??

Miss J how are you??

xxxx

Hey hun im ok thanks...im round 1 of my.clomid and cd 11...todays opk was darker than yesterdays but not a positive yet...hopefully get it in next few days

how are you hun hope the pregnancy is goin really well xxxx

I'm really good thanks hun. Still sinking in I think that I am pregnant! Been feeling more and more sick and off my food - but all those feelings are so worth it!!

To be honest I can't believe I'm 8 weeks tomorrow!! Two weeks tomorrow my 12 week scan gets booked!! Scary stuff!

Are you using digi ov tests to back up your Cheapies? X

No iv only gog cheapies hun...used all my good ones wen using them before wen i wasnt ovulating :(

awe so exciting. ...Time will fly by to ur scan u watch. Awe the nausea etc is little bean helping u realise its there lol xxxxx

oh its certainly doing that - i'm getting it on an evening and through the night tho which is driving me mad cos sleep just isnt happening!! guess thats something i have to get used to anyway! lol!

I only used digi ones on my cycle that i got my BFP - couldnt bring myself to pay that much for them before lol!! xx

Does not everyone on clomid have PCOS :eh: Seems like the same difference to me, but I stand corrected. Well done on the BFP anyway, I have no idea who some of the ladies were because I don't often check in here and would have completely missed yours too which I thought would have been a shame was my point xx

I wasn't confident 1st thing this morning to do a bfp thread but I will now jus got positive on FR aswell :D

congrats huny :) heres to a quick 12 weeks :) a little less worrying eh.

and nicky 8 weeks....wow!! thats gone fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back