Clomid Ladies - Did you all have scans?

Sophie Johnson

Reaction score
Here's my story... - See below - I am wondering how many of you have had scans to check progress when taking 50mg of clomid?

My question to you – would you....?

A friend of mine has been on the exact same journey as me. Diagnosed with PCOS. Given Metformin, same dose as me (3 x 500mg). Then she was given Clomid (50mg). Cut a long story short, she has a baby and has three months of Clomid which she has given to me (expires in 2014). The Endocrinologist at the hospital has told me this would be my next step but I would have to wait at least 18months of trying before he would normally prescribe it. Well, that isn’t working for me as Hubby had reversal in August last year and was told that he has about two years until the scarring could heal it up again. He currently has a just under normal sperm count.

The maths isn’t good. Another 12 months to wait before get prescribed Clomid which eats into a huge chunk of the two years plus the 5 months gone since the op.

If you were me, would you just take the Clomid now? It’s not like it’s an unknown drug and if I had any problems I would tell the doctor I was using it. It just seems like three months of better chances now....?

Soph xx

Hi Hun,

I would advise getting a private scan, to check for overstimulation and also to check that it's actually working.

Mine was £200.

I only had to have one the first month.

Xx

Hi Hun,

thanks so much - did you need a GP referral to get that scan?

xx

I seem to have been fine on 100mg , but have been scanned the most follicles i have produced is 4 and i was told to abstain , i wish i hadnt now. So im now left to my own devices for the next 3 months ,

Scans showed 1 or 2 on the 1st month same on 2nd , 4 on 3rd and then 2 on 4th . x

My first dose was 50mg but I didnt get a scan just 21 day bloods. Got a scan at 100 mg though.

I've started on 100mg and only had 21 day blood test, no scan. I'm on my second cycle of Clomid and I think it brought on my period which has been AWOL for months at a time. Good luck x

I had a scan for last cycle on 50mg and being scanned on Monday for this cycle. It might be worth you getting a private scan, as much for your peace of mind as anything. I agree with you though, it might be too late by the time you get given clomid officially! Did your consultant know about your oh's reversal? It's a bit mean to wait that long, I got given clomid straight away after tests as I don't ovulate myself. Good luck hun xxx

I did get a referral but it was just for general fertility advice, doc was fine to do it.

Xx

I was scanned on my 1st Comid cycle just to check it was working and i wasnt over stimulated.

Its not something i'd recommend taking without Doctors orders tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back