Did you feel clomid working?

blondy13

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, sorry for another clomid thread!
I am currently on CD10 of my first 50mg clomid cycle, and don't feel like its working. I got hot flushes/sweats while i was taking them but they have stopped, and now I just don't feel anything different. I excpected to at least get more ovary twinges, but nothing. Is this normal?!
I've got my first follicle scan tomorrow afternoon so I know I will find out more then, but I guess if it's going to be bad news I want to be prepared! I know that quite often 100mg is more successful in people that don't ovulate naturally but I just thought we might be in with a shot with 50mg to start with. Hmmm.
Sorry for going on, but if you could let me know if any of you felt pain/twinges while follicles are growing on clomid that would be great!
Thanks xxx

I didnt get any ovary pains until I got a positive OPK so I wouldnt worry to much chick xx

I didnt get OV pain till i started Clomid, and suffered with immense hot flushes! Everyone is different tho so dont panic hun. Are you excited for your scan? I was :) xxx

I'm kind of excited but nervous too in case there has been no growth. It's not till 3.45 either so I've got to be nervous all day dammit! Xxx

Hi. It didn't work. My ovaries looked really bad and enlarged but there were just loads of tiny follicles none even above 10mm. My lining was really thin too at 3.5mm so I think we can write this one off as a failure :( I feel pretty deflated. Spoke to consultants sec though who said it will be 100mg next go, so should start that before new year. So we're having a pretty crap week aren't we girls. Xxx

I'm sorry to hear that hun, hopefully 100mg will kick them into action. :hug: xxx

Hiya,

Just thought I'd add my two pennies worth. I'm on CD13 with 100mg Clomid (taken on CD2-6) and it's my first ever go with Clomid. I felt very bloated on CD 5 and 6 but that's about all I have had in terms of side effects. I was very emotional on CD3 and 4 but no hot flushes. I'm not having any scans, just 21 day bloods so not sure if it is working and just have to wait and see. We have BD'd every night from CD7-11 and will be BDing the next 3 mights and then I might cut it down to every other night to give DH a break! I'm flipping knackered and it's the last thing I feel like doing but I just keep thinking about the end result and how I'd want to kick my own ass if I blew the few chances I will have on Clomid.

Good luck honey xx

Hey Blondy13, Im sorry to hear the clomid hasnt worked for you! I know exactly how you feel! its just gutting as you do expect it to work. Hoping the increase of 100mg for you and 150mg for me does the trick! Its so hard though to get motivated I think!

Last edited:
I am really sorry it didn't work hun, I only responded on 150mg so fingers crossed your increased dose will do the trick xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back