Swine Flu Vaccination

Esoames

Reaction score
I just got a letter from my doctors confirming that I'm classed as high risk and that I'm invited for a vaccination on the 16th of October. I'm due two weeks later so i'm a bit dubious about having it so close to my due date. I'm also in two minds whether to have it in the first place. I didn't get it last year.

I take it that children under 5 will be offered it as well so I'll have to decide about whether to give it my LO as well!!

Any advice? Is it worth it??

Thanks
Emma x

I still don't trust the jab as it's so new.... Why is it that we ate told not to take medication when pregnant, yet there eager to give you a drug that was made in a hurry.

I don't want to get swine flu, but I aslo don't want my child or myself to become I'll or worse from having the jab.

At the mo i don't think I will have it.

I had decided not to go ahead when I got my invite to go but after speaking to my midwife today I have now decided I am going to hopefully next week. She didnt put any pressure on me to have it but after general discussion I do think I dont want to chance it. I also get the flu jab every year as I previously had a collasped lung and as she said I would be higher risk. You just dont know especially when you are in the hospital my view is that is where most germs and infections are caught.

I had the jab yesterday, I know it has all gone quite quiet at the moment but with me working in travel we have a lot of people travelling about in our company u just can never be too sure and I discussed it with the midwife and decided I would rather have it than not, today I did have some flu symptoms tho due to the jab but thankfully no allergic reaction and baby is still quite happy in there its a hard decision but I am too worried about catching it and it doing damage than not having the jab.

I'm in a real dilemma about this too... my surgery haven't actually written to me yet but once they do, I know I have to decide!!

I got a call from the surgery while the midwife was at my house lol. She told me I should get it as it can give the baby a little bit of protection aswell. I had the jab last Thursday. The nurse told me they'd combined the normal flu jab with the swine flu jab so wehey for two birds with one stone lol. They say you might get some flu symptoms for two days after. I was alright the day I had it, but the next day was really achy, had a bit of a fever and a headache. Then the day after, it's just my arms that were achy and the fever and headache had gone. So not as bad as the flu lol! Thank God!

I had the jab today - feeling ok so far... Will update how I feel tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back