Swine flu

hugsy

Reaction score
Just posted in Dee's Flu jab tread but said id post seperate too just so everyone could see it

In Ireland there have been reports that the swine flu jab may have caused Narcalepsy in Children,

Here in a link to one newspaper article and at the bottom it says that the link has been proved in Finland
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0919/1224304356090.html

So just wanted to warn anyone planning on getting the flu jab to make sure it does not conatin both normal flu and swine flu as you may be at risk

thanx for this hun i got offered this from my doctor and now iwll deff not be having it

I don't think you should be trying to convince women about what jabs to have. As you were told in the Flu Jab thread, the benefits far outweigh the risks and if women are concerned about the jab then to discuss it with their healthcare provider, not make a decision based on a scare-mongering newspaper article.
Swine flu is a killer, I've seen it with my own eyes, and pregnant women are particulary at risk. I was in contact with swine flu all last winter and thanks to the common sense of my midwife I was marched to the GP and given the jab. Me and LO are well and healthy and I'm thankful I had the jab.
So, before u start posting threads like this, please do some research on the pros and cons of these things. Thank you.

id agree, please dont scare ppl off the jabs. its like how measels has made a comeback from near extinction because some ppl decided they didnt want to risk giving their kids the vaccine.
swine flu kills, narcolepsy dosent.

Wow girls hang on im not trying to tell anyone what to do Im simply making the facts known as it was something I had not heard and something that personally does effect my decision and given that everyone has there own opinion I wanted to share the facts

There are plentyof people out there who do not know the normal jab can include Swine flu and dont think I shoudl be criticised for informing people, Everyone can make there own decision but i dont see anything wrong with passing on information I found helpfull

But sorry if it did offend any of you!

There are risks with all jabs but as far as Im concerned there are more pros than cons.
From reading that article, it was a particular form of the jab that MAY have caused problems and dates back to 2009.
I had what was called mild swine flu last year but was ill for 3 weeks. Personally i will be getting it as if I fall that ill while pregnant, in simple terms my unborn baby could become very ill inside me, or worse.

So just wanted to warn anyone planning on getting the flu jab to make sure it does not conatin both normal flu and swine flu as you may be at risk

Have to say that does sound like you are telling people what to do, maybe you need to be a bit more carefull how you phrase things

Im all for keeping people informed, as I personally hadnt heard of this, so am gratefull for this information.

However - as I pointed out in the other thread - there is evidence from the Worldwide Health Organisation that this problem is not world wide - suggesting that there is another factor in play in Finland. UK evidence is currently stating that there is not an increased risk.

To anyone with concerns about the flu jab, swine flu or not - discuss your concerns with your docotor or midwife. The first time I got the swine flu jab - because of my work with the elderly, the majority of our staff were against it - but after discussions with the medical team most of them recieved the jab.

xxx

Thanks Macleane I think ur right maybe just didnt phrase it as well as i should have I do be typing very quickly as im usually in work taking a sneeky break LOL My main reason in the first place was that this arose from Irealnd and I had not heard about it so did not know if it was the case in the UK too, Defo didnt mean to cause any debate on whats right or wrong to do as that is personal choice :)

Will defo be proof reading in the future lol

To be honest I don't bother reading these articles. If it were that much of a danger, they wouldn't be administered. You have more chance of being involved in an RTA! Yes good to know the risks, but me, personally I would rather not know. I Will have any jab & my children will & have had all their jabs. I Am a hypo if I read everything that has side effects I would live in a constant panic!

Wow girls hang on im not trying to tell anyone what to do Im simply making the facts known as it was something I had not heard and something that personally does effect my decision and given that everyone has there own opinion I wanted to share the facts

There are plentyof people out there who do not know the normal jab can include Swine flu and dont think I shoudl be criticised for informing people, Everyone can make there own decision but i dont see anything wrong with passing on information I found helpfull

But sorry if it did offend any of you!

aww hun i wasnt trying to jump on you, i just didnt want anyone to mis read the info or your comment and think they shouldnt get the flu jab at all.
:dance::)
on reading the article it does not mention anyone having the vaccination during pregnancy affecting the kids, its only kids who had the vaccination at 6 or 12 etc. its a specific named vaccine (pandemix) that the HSE no longer recommends and will not be used in the innoculations this year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back