September - time to consider flu jabs!!!

What great news everyone is having their jabs. Had mine already. Princess I think you have genuinely saved some lives by starting this thread. Kudos to you.

I just think it's important that people are aware that the risks are very real.and consequences can be fatal :(
Glad everyone's getting them done :) xx

should be studying not spamming....!!

Had mine today - the prolonged high temperature that almost always accompanies true influenza can be fatal for baby and being a teacher and surrounded by quite efficient little germ-spreaders made it an easy decision for me :)
...on Friday I had 4 children off with: sickness, impetigo, hand foot and mouth and a chest infection. The bugs are too close to ignore at this time of year, and if I can get immunised against the nasty ones that pose the most danger to my baby I'm in.
It didn't hurt at all, there's no mark where I had it and it just feels like a tiny bruise that I only feel when I lay down. I had mine in my left arm and realised that the right arm would have been better as we're all pregnant and trying to sleep on our left in case that helps anyone choose which arm to have it in. xx

Haha! Maybe it has caused some brain fog ;) ... I had it yesterday! Although I'm guessing my son's sleepover has more to do with my lack of competence! lol. xx

I had mine on Saturday and I felt competely fine. Only thing was that my arm was a tiny bit sore and still is. :)

So glad I had my flu jab. Feel less worried now I have had it and had no side effects at all x

Im not pregnant but Ive had mine. Not just for my own safety but for my DD and all the other vulnerable people in the community

It stung abit and I had a bruise and lump for a few days but definitely worth it over feeling like death for a week. I get really poorly when I get the flu :(

I can only echo what Princess81 has said, flu really can be fatal - even healthy people can succumb to it. I really didn't realise the risks to an unborn baby either. Now that the NHS are offering this to all pregnant women IT now makes me realise even more that I am surely not the only one who lost an otherwise healthy baby to this.

Had mine done at 16 weeks and honestly had no side effects, my arm felt a 'little' achey the following day and that's it!

I had mine a week before half term. I then discovered I'm allergic to one of the strains of flu in the jab. Now, though I spent the next week and a half feeling quite icky, my temperature was not raised, I did not have flu, my baby is fine (and regularly kicking and doing somersaults to prove it). If I'd actually got that strain of flu it would have been extremely dangerous for me and my baby. This is really rare, I'm a particularly reactive person and have a long list of allergies, so it is really really unlikely for it to happen to anyone and it's so worth it. Knowing how I'd react if I got the active strain of flu that was in the jab, I'd get it again in an instant.

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked. I have just found out I am pregnant (due June 2nd) and don't see the midwife until November. What should I do regarding the flu vacine? wait until the midwife or ring and ask to be seen before hand?

Cheers

Kirsty

Platypus id call gp by november stocks are low in some areas.

Princess I know it was a while ago but im so sorry you went through this.

I know tesco offer flu jab for £9 so worth considering to those who dont qualify for it free.

ahhh, was just reading about this today, thanks for the bump, I'm having mine done tomorrow x

Thansk for bumping this up, it never even crossed my mind to get this done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back