flu jab when pregnant

frankie247

Reaction score
hey Ladies,

Please excuse me if this is a really stupid or ignorant question but do you have the flu jab when you're pregnant, or is it safe to have it?

Due to another medical issue i've just been offered the flu jab, but was unsure whether or not i can have it done. I was actually phoning the GP to arrange an appointment to tell her i'm pregnant - i'm sure i can wait till next week to ask the GP but wondered if anyone knew?

It's really important that you do get it in pregnancy your immune system is lower and it can lead to awful consequences x

i had mine a while back and no problems at all totally safe i was told xx

I've had it and no problems here :) it was my midwife who recommended I have it, as like Princess has said your immune system is lowered and it's better to be safe than sorry xx

Thanks girls, i'll book in for it when i see my GP next week

As the others have said it is safe and v important when pregnant for u and Babba! I had mine 2 weeks ago!

Yeah all pregnant women are offered free flu jabs. I had mine weeks ago. Our immune systems are lower so we're more likely to catch things like flu and swine flu which can be deadly xx

As the other girls have said,, Its safe, they offer it you when you are pregnant anyway :)
Your immune system is much lower when you are pregnant so you are prone to much more anyway.
x

I wasnt offered it with paige but swine flu was about when i was pregnant with jake so i had it then, not had it this time round as i was ill at the time but i may ring to book it x

I was invited by the GP to have it because I am pregnant. It was recommended - had it two weeks ago with no side effects.

the midwife offered it to me yesterday but have to wait till my stinking cold has went away first :( wish my doctor said something last week before i got the cold !!

I had it about 3 weeks ago and no problems. My GP was saying how its recommended during pregnancy although a lot of women aren't aware of this. Would def get it done. Better to be safe. x

Had mine about 3 weeks ago. Tender arm for two days but that's it. Its up to you if you want it or not. But I would say the risks of not having it done and catching flu far out weigh the risks or having the jab! I had it coz I wanted todo everything I could to protect bubs and me. Flu has gone round at work and so far I'm fine. :) xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, I usually have it anyway due to having Epilepsy but just wasn't sure on if it was recommended during pregnancy. Now that I know it is, I'll go ahead with it.

Im going to have my flu jab today, gonna ask about swine flu.
even paying at tesco for my husband to have flu jab after work tonight (he drives for a living) and to stop him moaning at me when hes ill. which will be fun, hates needles.hehehehee

I can't have it because I am allergic to egg and the vaccine is grown in egg culture - really disappointed as feel I should have it, never had one before because of this allergy but I am asthmatic too so am considered doubly high risk being preggers as well! There was going to be a non-egg option but it has been stopped because of issues so I have to just keep everything crossed that I don't get it. If I could have it done then I would x

Im still debating to get it or not but great to see all of you on here had no probs with it :)

Meeting practicioner nurse at 4 to discuss it after my failed doc discussion last month that some of you might remember

On the up side flu has gone round d office here and im d only one who didnt get it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back