Sweep this morning!!! eeek - I'm Back

bobkat

Reaction score
Got an appt at 9.30 this morning for my sweep. 40+4 today so I'm really hoping it works.

Little bit nervous but actually wierdly quite excited. Hope I don't get let down if nothing happens.

Last edited:
Oooooh! Come on baby! x I can't wait! Lol! x good luck honey

I can't wait either!!!! Neither can my OH - he might stop getting his head bitten off every time he comes home and asks if anything is 'happening yet'. As if I wouldn't tell him!!! lol

all the best lovely hope it does the trick so you can meet baby very soon x

Fingers crossed xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck hun, hope it goes well! Xx

Hey kathryn hope it works for you Hun, I'm still waiting for mine to kick in, got tummy cramps but nothing more but they say 24-48 hrs, fingers crossed for us both :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck hun, let me know how you get on, mine is tomorrow!x

Well, I'm back and feeling a lot more positive. :)

Mw was able to do the sweep but it was quite difficult for her to do as my cervix is posterior (the head is so low she had to reach round it to the cervix), so she had me put my fists under my bottom which raises the pelvis, so she could reach it. She said she would not have been able to do it if I had not stayed so relaxed (thank you hypnobirthing!!) but to be honest I was not leaving that table until she had done it!!! :shakehead::shakehead:

So my cervix is 0.5cm long, and I believe the shorter the better for labour right? I'm also 1-2cm dilated!!!:dance::dance::dance:

She also put in my notes that I'm -1cm from the ischial spines which I had to look up on google lol - spines are two bony protusions and she measures where the head is in relation to them. -1 is just above them, the scale goes from -3 to +3, +3 is like crowning lol.

She has also booked me an induction date for 7th Oct but she was confident I'd go naturally before then (I bloody well hope so after all that!! :wall2::wall2:).

So all in all a good result!

Aw wonderful news! So glad she was able to do it! x sounds very very positive x

thats really good news! your little one will be here in notime :D

Sounds good! :D Hope things get going for you now! :D

thats great congrats xx hope he comes naturally for you

fingers crossed things start moving for you soon. Signs all sound positive though! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back