Sweep

emmabeg

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was hoping that LO would have made an appearance by now but it it not looking likely so off to the hospital at 9am for a sweep. Has anyone had experience of this , feeling a little bit nervous

Last edited:
Yes I had one last time at 39 plus4, I had mine at hospital from the consultant, I gave birth 5 days later, probably did help get me going because I lost my mucus plug the day after. Now he was a male consultant and yes it did hurt, apparently the midwives are more gentle, make sure you gain agreement that if it hurts too much they will stop, I never did this, think I should of.

Mines booked for saturday, so im in the same boat!
Hope it all goes well hun x

I'm booked in for one on thurs, let us know how it goes Hun xx

It scares me every time you ladies talk about having a sweep fx for all xx

:kiss:Thanks ladies, I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Last edited:
Yes I had one last time at 39 plus4, I had mine at hospital from the consultant, I gave birth 5 days later, probably did help get me going because I lost my mucus plug the day after. Now he was a male consultant and yes it did hurt, apparently the midwives are more gentle, make sure you gain agreement that if it hurts too much they will stop, I never did this, think I should of.

Hi Hun, when I go to see the consultant on thur I will be 39+4 what do u think the chances of me getting a sweep? I'm desperate now xxx

Hi Hun, when I go to see the consultant on thur I will be 39+4 what do u think the chances of me getting a sweep? I'm desperate now xxx

Yes they should give you one, I asked the midwife when she could give me one and she said 41 weeks!!!! so i told her last time I had one at 39plus4 and she said the consultants can give them whenever, I had bad spd last time and could berely walk, so he had no hesitation, so lay it on thick that you are in a bad place, good luck :)

Well I couldn't get the sweep done as cervix closed, induction booked for next Thursday if not already gone by then. One more week and I will at last get to meet my little bundle of joy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back