SPD Support Thread

Well I had a pretty awful night last night

I was really sore when I went to bed, but I tried to roll over and when I did my hip popped as usual, but oh mother of god it hurt so much more than usual, I could have sore my hip dislocated! I couldn't move.

The cramps in my legs and feet were really bad and I couldn't sleep - DH left me at 2am to sleep in the spare room .. I eventually passed out about 6:30-7am

I am so tired. I wish I had the money to go and get my legs and feet massaged, but I can't even afford basic groupon deals at the minute. DH has massaged my legs a couple of times, but the pain is unbareable, mostly cos he probably doesn't know what he's doing and cos he doesn't have the patience to slow it down and take the time to do it right.

I'm so frustrated, I'm dreading today because I have to go to the midwife, and I'm booked in to get my hair done, and my house needs cleaned as my family are visiting tomorrow ... I'm going to be in agony.

Tweetyfoo, i feel for you hun, as i do with all you ladies. I hate spd its such a bi*ch, i still have 18wks to go and find it hard to do normal things like cleaning shopping popping into town, the belt and tubigrip are useless and i dont think lo likes them as when i put them on he wiggles n kicks, worst thing is, is when he kicks towards the front, i know its not his fault i just wish he wouldnt thats all.

Was wondering if spd gets worse ect ect ect, could you ask to be induced e.g. like if your over 36-38wks and is this something you could ask the midwife about?

Keep well ladies,

Zoe x

Tweetyfoo, i feel for you hun, as i do with all you ladies. I hate spd its such a bi*ch, i still have 18wks to go and find it hard to do normal things like cleaning shopping popping into town, the belt and tubigrip are useless and i dont think lo likes them as when i put them on he wiggles n kicks, worst thing is, is when he kicks towards the front, i know its not his fault i just wish he wouldnt thats all.

Was wondering if spd gets worse ect ect ect, could you ask to be induced e.g. like if your over 36-38wks and is this something you could ask the midwife about?

Keep well ladies,

Zoe x

Yeah, this is what the midwife in triage was saying to me last night, that I can request to be induced. For me it's two reasons, SPD and reduced movement, but you're perfectly entitled to request it for SPD alone. And yes it does tend to get worse unfortunately :( xx

Zoe x

Ditto :( Really wanted to be able to have fun and enjoy shopping for baby stuff but I can't even manage popping into shop for milk! Feel like it's robbing me of enjoying my pregnancy! Hardest thing for me (other than the pain) is the fact that people who have never experienced it just don't get it!!

Tweetyfoo - hope you haven't had too bad a day and that you get a better night sleep tonight! Xx

Hardest thing for me (other than the pain) is the fact that people who have never experienced it just don't get it!!

This is definitely the worst thing. I've had so many comments from know-it-alls that seem to think I'm just playing the pregnancy card. Things like 'you need to keep active' and 'I was scrubbing the floors throughout my pregnancy'. I even had one ever-so-helpful colleague tell me I should be doing Zumba along with the kids instead of sitting watching! It's very demoralising xx

yeah lots of people dont understand it. think the best ive told someone (and a few others) is try walking and every step feels like you are being kicked between the legs and that it feels like your pelvis is going to break aswell. Tbh its ruining my pregnancy too, i know it sounds daft, but my last pregnancy was really easy but i had a tough birth, which included 24 stitches. so fingers crossed i have the easy birth this time, lol.
I think being induced is something i will ask about as my pregnancy progresses. I enjoy it to the best i can, and i know its all worth it in the end.

I agree that a lot of people don't understand what we are going through. I saw a different midwife this week and I really felt that she was the first person I have seen who is taking me seriously, she is the one who has arranged an appointment for me at the hospital to discuss induction.
Unfortunately, I really think that this may be my only pregnancy as I don't think I could go through this again and my physio did say that in following pregnancies it can come on sooner xx

I know how you feel Mrs Bump - I don't think I can face going through it all again! Mine started early anyway, for me the thought of going through this whilst having a LO to look after is not feasible!

I hate that people just don't understand is what annoys me the most. My
Mum keeps saying 'that's motherhood' and such like and it makes me want to punch her.

I'm pretty much housebound at the moment and If I do go out an have to walk more than a few steps we take the wheelchair. It's really demoralising and no I'm not enjoying being pregnant funnily enough ... And I really doubt that no matter how wonderful my child
Will be will I ever forget this pain and think ... Oh yes I'll do that agin please.

Sick of people telling me that it's not as bad as I think :strangle:

I tell people to try walking with 2 dislocated hips and a melon up their foof!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I think the worst thing is tho, is that you can still suffer after birth too. I think if my oh was to even consider having another then im afraid he may find hed loses his manhood lol. The things we women do tho and go thru. we create life and bring it in to the world, but the difficulties we face, no one knows till they have been there themselves. Anyway gunna enjoying the rest of my weekend with my oh. Erm tmi here but anyone know of a good position to DTD please. lol

Zoe x

We managed it with me laying on the bed with my bum at the edge and my feet on the floor with some pillows under my back and the hubby knelt on the floor in between my legs, it did get a bit painful after a bit so I put my legs up on his shoulders! Xx

I'd imagine (only imagining as we don't dtd anymore :( ) that spoons position with a pillow under your bump would be ok, as long as you can get away with not opening your legs too much. Failing that, I do an all fours position at my yoga/relaxation class and don't find it hurts at all as long as I don't separate my legs further than hip width - so I'm sure doggy would work if he's gentle. Happy humping! xx

We tried and failed miserable and had to resort to ummm other methods :oooo:

Think I might try some of the positions suggested otherwise I don't think we'll be continuing to DTD......

thanks ladies, ill give them a go, for some reason my sex drive has hit the roof. lol

For the first time last night, me and hubby slept in separate beds/rooms :-( The previous 2 nights neither of us had slept well with me struggling to get comfortable and keeping him awake with my tossing and turning and grunting and groaning each time I moved! I must say we both had a much better nights sleep for it although it was a bit lonely! :-( xx

Its hard isn't Mrs bump! Me and hubby have been sleeping apart more and more - I find I just doint have enough room while he's there!

Also, I end up making myself more uncomfortable because I'm so aware of tossing and turning and keeping him awake ... something about his "tutting" reminds me to stay still :lol:

Its only temporary and if you both get a better sleep - whats the harm. Make sure he gives you extra cuddles during the day! x

Aww man I got hardly any sleep last night at all :(
I'm starting to stiffen up much quicker so in having to change position roughly every 20 minutes. I also managed to click one of my hips out of place and it was agony. I can't take 3 more weeks of this!

Last edited:
I'm starting to stiffen up much quicker so in having to change position roughly every 20 minutes. I also managed to click one of my hips out of place and it was agony. I can't take 3 more weeks of this!

I'm like this every night already! I see pretty much every 15 mins on the clock :(

I can't lie on my sides it really hurts my hips so bad

Hope tonight is better for you x

I'm like this every night already! I see pretty much every 15 mins on the clock :(

I can't lie on my sides it really hurts my hips so bad

Hope tonight is better for you x

So much for 'get plenty rest before the baby comes' - yeah right!! :( :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER