have you all chosen names????

BeckyJ

Reaction score
how many weeks are you and have you chosen names?

we have our boys name (we are keepin it a secret) but i love it, there is no name id rather have, ive always loved it and weve always been 100& stuck on it.

now girls are a different matter :x i want a name thats unusual but not silly, i dont want something that is too popular so there is 3 or 4 of them at nursery but dont want something to wacky, im getting worried that i'll never find one, i just want a girls name i love as much as my boys name

have you all got names sorted???

Hi There :wave:

I think there is a day between me and you,

me and my partner have a girls name and like you are 100% stuck on it, and have been since i was 5 weeks pregnant, we thought of it and was like yeh i LOVE it - both of us.

Boys names total different matter - we dont no what the sex of our baby is, but wouldnt it be strange if you had a boy and i had a girl. Thinking that none of us could decide on the opposite sexs name!!

X

yep knowin our luck u'll have a boy and we'll have a girl

i have 2 huge name books but nothing jumps out at me, might have another read later :roll:

Hi there!!

I am just over 25 weeks and we are having a little girl!!!

We like these names but havent chosen one yet!!

Megan, Lauren & Chloe

Ohhhhhhhhh we just cant seem to settle on one!!!

I am 26 weeks (today!) and I haven't chosen any names :(

I'm stuck

Knowing my luck if I pick a name the baby won't look like that when its born :lol:

Bee said:
Knowing my luck if I pick a name the baby won't look like that when its born :lol:

But babies grow up and into names also :) If its a good name and one that you can see working as your child grows up into adulthood then stick with it if you like it.

That's how we pictured our names, we went through all the stages of growing up and realised that even if it wasn't the greatest name for a young child or some such, it was a name to grow into and up with.

Ha Ha DH and I have been arguing over names before BFP! :rotfl:

We have settled on

Eowyn Narissa Snow if a girl and Alban William Piers if a boy (although arguing over the order of Willam Piers/Piers William

Mx

Sherlock said:
Bee said:

But babies grow up and into names also :) If its a good name and one that you can see working as your child grows up into adulthood then stick with it if you like it.

That's how we pictured our names, we went through all the stages of growing up and realised that even if it wasn't the greatest name for a young child or some such, it was a name to grow into and up with.

Yip I've been thinking that but doesn't really make much difference - still can't find anything I like. Its a bummer being a teacher - there's a reason NOT to use most names :lol:

Perferabbly I want a name that can be shortened when they are younger and that can be used fully when they are that little bit older (if they choose to do so).

Anyway I've got AGES to think of something :lol:

BeckyJ said:
the time will soon fly by!!!

I know! Don't scare me! Finally got my arse in gear and picked the pram I want :lol:

I keep putting things off thinking I'll do it when I finish school but then remember I am finishing at 38 weeks :shock:

Must pull finger out!

i have chosen a boys name.

I have chosen a middle name for a girl (sae as my anme) and about 5 possible first names but not sure about any of them.

OH says he wants to wait until it is born and what name will suit it.

At lunch today FIL suggested OH should pick a name and register it while i am stil in hospital.

Over my dead body (or his if he actually does it).

Sandi

We're having a girl and we had decided way before i found i was pregnant (and we weren't trying) on a girls name.
We chose Faith a long while ago because it seemed perfect.
We've now decided on Lily for the middle name - after my great aunt (and it's the hebrew meaning of my name).

Boys names were SO much harder! We did decide on Jack - about a week before finding out it was a girl. Lol.

It'll come to you. don't worry about it too much :)

:wave:

I'm having a little boy not decided name yet but if i was having a little girl i would have called her addison love it addy for short think it sooo cute :) xx

Names are so tricky, aren't they?

With Erin, we knew which girl's name we wanted for ages & just couldn't decide on a boy's name...so it was just as well she was a girl!

With this one, we don't know what we're having again, but can't decide on any name, girl OR boy....

Want something unusual enough that there aren't 8 of them in the same class, but not so unusual that it's stupid or daft.

There's quite a few girl's names we like... Mary, Shannon, Layla, Heidi.

But we are abit stuck for boy's names. The only name I really like is Nathan, OH is starting to like it too. Jack is ok too, it was my grandad's name and it would be nice to name baby after him (even though he died before I was born).

But then I feel bad for having Jack as a boys name and not Alice as a girls name because that was my Grandma's name (she died about 7 years ago). I do like the name but there are other girls names that I absolutely love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back