Scared...

mumsy4

Reaction score
This is going to sound completely ridiculous
I'm due today, I'm so desperate for pregnancy to be over and meet my little baby, it's the best feeling in the world. I've done this 4 times before but for some reason i am absolutely pooing it this time !
Why, I don't know?? I know what to expect and I know how painful it is... But I'm so scared, I want her here but I don't want the labour lol.
Anyone else feeling he same ?

For the most part I'm relaxed about it (baby number 3), but a couple of times I've had a brief moment of 'panic'. I think as I get closer I'll get a little more apprehensive. But with me it's because my last two were inductions and this one I am really wanting to not be induced and to home birth. My labours were fine and straight forward, but I think I'm more worried about losing my nerve and transferring in (or needing pain relief), which I really don't want.
Ideally I want to labour undisturbed if I can & for as long as I can.

I'm doing a hypnobirthing course in May & hoping that helps.

Tomorrow I have an antenatal class at the hospital which is supposed to be 'keeping birth normal' or something like that, and includes a tour of the maternity suites and new 'midwife led unit', which I'm hoping might make me feel better about the possibility of having it in the hospital, but in reality I think it may make me even more determined NOT to have a hospital birth,... we shall see lol.

I think some think you would be chilled out knowing whats coming but for me the opposite - I was induced last time and actually had a straight forward great labour, but now Im like well what will happen next? What will happen if I go myself without induction.

I guess its always fear of the unknown, Ive just mainly been thinking - well it felt like it was over in an hour, so Im sure Ill get there.

xxxx

I think I'm also worrying because I'm nearly 4 cm dilated, waters are bulging, she's fully engaged but back to back and I've had my THIRD sweep today and nothing is happening. She mentioned that I might need medical help to get into labour and I really really wanted to just go into labour on my own but looks like it isn't happening and it makes me apprehensive xx

Oh jees I was induced after 2 sweeps(14 days over) but my cervix wasnt favourable. I do think it helped the induction though because my waters went theirself and I contracted myself, didnt need the drip.

So hopefully if your already almost there theyll maybe just burst your waters and leave you too it? Or perhaps if you do get induced itll progress quickly and easily. Christ I got moved to delivery at 5cm when waters went. Your bloody almost at my delivering stage :shock:

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back