braxton hicks v contractions?

Lisa_85

Reaction score
Hi i need some advice from ladies who have been through labour.

Approx 11am yesterday i was having regular bh they were painless but tight. This changed to painful irregular tightening in the afternoon approx 4pm they slowed down after a bath but i had and still having a pinky bloody show. I slept through some tightenings only to wake stirring where as others had me doubled over. These stopped completely at about 10am but started again this afternoon. The pain seems to be increasing and i timed the last few 6.55pm 7.05pm 7.15pm 7.30pm 7.45pm

Do u think bh or labour?

I'm so scared its only bh because i was dead set on only having gas and air and i don't know if i can take the start of labour being much worse.

Also the pain seems to be at the bottom of my tummy xxx

It could be contractions, but everyone's labour starts differently. So just keep timing them and see if they get stronger. Good luck!:yay:

Thanks so far every ten mins with a couple that have been slightly less or more.

I hope this is the real deal... it would be a nice bday pressie :)

Xx

I will keep my fingers crossed for you hun. xxxx

Whens your b/days?

Oh possible labour watch! Fx and good luck x

its officialy my birthday today :)

Im soo annoyed, My contractions were every ten minutes, down to every eight minutes. Still coming on strong too. but then jumped to 6, 5, 4, 3 a few more 3s then i called delivery suite, who advised this could go on for days with the 1st.

Im pretty strong headed but i cant take this for days! i know it only hurts whilst the contraction is happening but F**K they feel like forever.

She said to take baths, paracetamol and back massages if possible.

OH is sleeping, ive took paracetamol but i dont want to slow it down to last days i want it to be as quick as possible.... i can now see how naive i was about labour and im only in the latent phase right now.

I hope my Crumpet is active like his mommy and gets a wriggle on to meet me.

xx

Last edited:
Hey hunni :) hope you're ok just seen your thread!! :) how they coming now?? Yeah can be pain in the arse if it goes on for days, fingers crossed for you babe!! Walking is the best advice I can give I swear that sped mine up?!! It helps with the whole gravity thing!! Keep us posted xxx

They are between 4-7mins, just had a bath and I'm tired. I'm looking forward to daylight so i can walk somewhere. I know its impossible but my mam keeps telling me to find a comfy position when the contractions start, but i can't nothing eases them at all.

How are you and LO? Xx

They are between 4-7mins, just had a bath and I'm tired. I'm looking forward to daylight so i can walk somewhere. I know its impossible but my mam keeps telling me to find a comfy position when the contractions start, but i can't nothing eases them at all.

How are you and LO? Xx

Oooo GL I hope this is it for you. Happy Birthday BTW.

Def sounds like contractions, I found bending on my birthing ball helped during contractions.
Hope things speed up for you and good luck! x x

Happy Birthday Lisa xx

I really hope you have your LO in your arms soon. Best birthday present in the world.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks! My contractions are still irregular but are between 4-6mainly. Lasting at least a minute each so progress thereat

I really hope he comes today.. I'm trying so hard to breath through them but its hard and I'm using so much energy crying and shaking but i feel sick when i eat

Xx

Thanks! My contractions are still irregular but are between 4-6mainly. Lasting at least a minute each so progress thereat

I really hope he comes today.. I'm trying so hard to breath through them but its hard and I'm using so much energy crying and shaking but i feel sick when i eat

Xx

Good luck hun, hope they progress quickly for you. Best advice i can give is to keep moving as it helps baby move down. Happy Birthday and hope LO isnt too long xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back