scared of making the wrong name choice

PinkPanther

Reaction score
Ok I know I'm cutting it a bit fine, but I'm finding it really hard to choose a boys name that I truly truly love. I think I'm scared of making the wrong name choice:shock:

DH has been an absolute pain to try and get him to agree to the names I've put forward. He's very set in his ways. Me and the girls have got a short list that we like and that we can all agree on.

However, I'm going back to thinking that maybe I'm making a mistake with the names on the short list and I'm scared that I won't like his name 6 months later.

I never had this problem with the girls, we had their names picked from 20 weeks and I loved them and never regretted them.

So why is it so hard for this one just because he's a boy?

I am in the same situation and its so frustrating! Me and OH have actually argued a lot over the name and its really starting to get to me.

My OH is welsh and he made is clear from the moment we met that if if ever had kids he would feel very strongly about them having welsh names and i always said that would be fine but now im eating my words!!! All names he comes up with are just horrible and he doesnt like the one or two welsh names i found and liked. Im so worried we are going to end up with something neither of us like just to come to an agreement :-(

Sorry im no help!!

My first daughter's dad wouldn't agree to anything. He isn't into naming things, even small humans... I don't know why he settled for Kaya. Maybe he got sick of knowing he had to agree to something!

This time was easier re the first name - we both put Daisy on our 'like' list. but getting him to agree to the middle names was hard. He only said a few days ago that sydney is definitely going to be the first of the two middle names.

I've been pregnant four times and finding a boy's name even I liked is always harder. Glad it wasn't a boy, OH wouldn't let me have Taliesin on the list, which as Cherelle probably knows is my favourite Welsh boys name. I did get to choose Dwynwen for her last middle name though, yay!

You'll always think of something else you could have used but I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

What names have you all come up with so far?

I think its best to wait until the baby is born. That is what we have agreed on, we tried coming up with names but we didn't agree on anything, so now we are just waiting until its here, hopefully then it will be easier.

im unsure too cant decide between rhian isabelle or isabella sooooooooo hard to pick lol

Cherelle, I'm glad there's not only me with the stubborn husband, it's so frustrating knowing there are lots of nice boys names BUT he just tends to say no to everything. It is becoming a bone of contention between us right now too.

PurpleHippy, so far we've come up with Samuel, Daniel, Olly, Louie, Jack & DH is loving Ben (But I'm not) The girls names are Chloe and Amy. I like lots of other names but they're the ones that we agree on. They're nice names but not sure 100% about them. His middle names will be John Keith.

SNR1982, We were going to wait until baby was here, which seemed like a good idea BUT I know what I'm like, because I'll be releived that the birth is over I'll relent to giving him a name that I'm not that keen on. So in my mind I would like a definite "name" with the option to change my mind (does that make sense:lol:)

Midnight, I love both of those names. Would Isabella be shortened to Bella? I think both names go together well.

well name choices so far are

Isabella rhian dh likes bella i prefer Isabelle rhian then there is Rhian Faith this is what we had picked out if we had a girl last time but i went off it but now like it again i just cant imagine myself calling her Isabella oh i dont know we are going to have a child with no name at this rate

well my oh fuming with me as we had agreed on olly but now im not keen and want somthing different and hes not happy i did like it but just not in love and 100% x

I like Oliver John Keith (I know it wasn't on your list but Olly was and you could shorten it?)

I'm not pg again yet but if we are blessed enough to have another baby and it's a boy then he'll be Issac William (no stealing it ladies or I'll hunt you down!!!! :rofl:)

Midnight I like Isabella-it's sooooooooo beautiful! Very popular but absolutely gorgeous!

Oh and when Sebastian was born we had definately chosen Sebastian Alexander with the option of Harry if he didn't suit Seb-which he did! Lol!

i think i might have to wait till she is born and see what we think lol

i love the name isaac my dh said no though good job we are having a girl

I didn't have any names for DD before she arrived and she was 'baby girl' for 5 hours before, finally left alone, I sat cradling her and this name jumped into my head! She suits it so much! Her tempremant and personality! :)

name picking doesnt come easy because im english and he is welsh so we both have different opinions on names im sure whatever we pick it will suit her

Reading this thread makes me thankful that the only person I have to argue about names with is myself :lol: Thing is I never thought I would name a baby before they arrived, now I'm hoping she suits Emily, if not she'll need to grow into it :lol:

Pinkpanther - I like Samuel and Olly

Midnight - I love Isabella :)

Reading this thread makes me thankful that the only person I have to argue about names with is myself :lol: Thing is I never thought I would name a baby before they arrived, now I'm hoping she suits Emily, if not she'll need to grow into it :lol:

Yep this was me with DD :D I thought OH'd hate Sebastian but he LOVED it!!!

I like Samuel too.

I like Samuel too.

I think Sebastian is cute and like it shortened to Seb too :)

x x x x

I feel your pain - me and hubby couldn't agree on names AT ALL, and in the end I settled on Imogen/Immy as a compromise but as time went on I started to feel really sad as I didn't love it and worried I'd made a horrible mistake. Then stuff happened which meant he ended up giving me my own way/it was kind of taken out of our hands anyway so I can't offer any wisdom about how to end up picking the right one, but good luck with it, it's a scary decision!

I like Samuel too.

I think Sebastian is cute and like it shortened to Seb too :)

x x x x

Me toooooooo :) lol

I have this problem too!
I know it's early days for us to be thinking about names but we already have a name for a girl and I adore it! We have a name for a boy too (well an idea of a boys name) but I'm just not sure.

I'm thinking I would rather have a girl to stop the fuss of choosing a boys name :p
Hope you find a name soon.
I think it should be something you feel comfortable saying and something you love obviously. Have a read of some boy names online and I'm sure you will come across one that you love. There's plenty of ideas on the internet xxx

we are very lucky to be having a boy as we had like 2 boys names and 10 girls and couldnt agree totally.

oh came up with our name the day i told him i was pregnant and it has stuck.

love it as it is very different and he will be the only one. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back