Anyone Else Not Picked a Name Yet??

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave: Ladies

I'm absolutely gutted, the boys name we had picked, OH has decided he "doesn't like it anymore" - this is now the 3rd time we've decided on a name & he's changed his mind.

We've not got any girls names either & as I said on another thread, he keeps saying "baby's not here yet so it doesn't matter" what sort of an attitude is that. I'm getting fed up with it. And I think he's starting to get really fed up with me mentioning it (even though I hardly do) He gets his back up & I can tell by the tone of his voice that he cant be arsed. He keeps saying he's spent hours looking ect & what else is he meant to do.

Grrrrrrrr - i'm not wanting to bring the subject up again coz it makes me more upset with his "I dont care" attitude.

On the plus side, I have 2 girls names that I like & i've spent hours & hours looking through websites & he says he likes both the names so thats quite good. Just want it confirmed, as we've still got middle names to sort out too.

Men

:wall2:

Sorry to hear ur OH doesn't seem that interested babe :hug:
We had our boys name from the start so that's been easy.. But we have no girls names at all.. We did have one but then we both went against it for different reasons :(
Finding names can be so hard and stressful.. Especially when you need OHs aggreance before you can set your heart on a certain name..
Maybe leave it a week or two and bring it up with him again and explain how important it is to you xx

We havent decided yet either. I have a rough shortlist just going to see what the baby suits when it's born! Didn't have a name for my daughter either, we just decided when she was born and funny cos it wasn't even a name we'd thought of before. Just have your own list you like then decide together once baby arrives, saves him getting moany again if he brings it up fair enough!

Grrr, what is it with men leaving things to the last possible moment and thinking they've got loads of time?? In reality, baby could be hear anytime! Wish I could bang you OH and my DH heads together!! LOL.

Don't really know what to suggest. Maybe make a list of all the ones you like and get him to pick something from that and then say that will be the end of it and you wont go back on that decision?!

Thanks ladies

He's really pushing it too far this time. I think its really unfair for him to do this, coz he knows how much it means. Just makes me think he couldn't give a **** tbh.

I'm bringing it up again nxt oppertunity, and if he starts getting narky i'll just suggest that I pick the name.

It was him that didn't want to find out the sex (I wasn't too fussed tbh) so its his fault we need to find a name for boy & girl

:mad:

Still undecided here! He is named Preston & we were dead set on this & I let hubby choose but now I'm worried I don't know if I like it or not :lol:

Still undecided here! He is named Preston & we were dead set on this & I let hubby choose but now I'm worried I don't know if I like it or not :lol:

I love the name Preston.

My OH's most recent suggestion was John. I was like ffs - u cant call a baby John. Not so bad if a dad/grandads name or something but come on. He likes boring names.

I love the name Preston.

My OH's most recent suggestion was John. I was like ffs - u cant call a baby John. Not so bad if a dad/grandads name or something but come on. He likes boring names.

John? :lol: shouldn't laugh really. (no offence to anyone here who's son is named John!) My husband is the same, he likes the old fashioned names. But I chose the other 2, so I've said he can choose this time & he's chosen Preston Harry. He knows how indecisive I can be & is putting his foot down & not letting me change! :eh: :lol:

Yeah my OH goes for old boring names too lol, he doesnt want it to be look like we want to be 'too different' by having an 'out there' name... kinda took offence coz my girls arent exactly standard names lol.. i dont care how it looks to anyone else if we find a name we like thats all that matters!

My OH is the same! There were a few names we liked for LO but he kept changing his mind! He goes for more boring names, but because I'm half arabic, I have a more unusual name, and so do most of my family, so I didn't want something plain!

Then he suggested Sam! I'm not against the name Sam, don't get me wrong, it's my Dad's name. Well, everyone calls him that anyway, but I wanted something a bit more out there! But OH said he doesn't want our kids to be picked on at school!

In the end we've picked Caleb. It's different enough for me to like it, but not too out there for OH!

xx

We still don't have a name! were getting closer and closer :) x

Well we kinda chose a name, but I'm not 100% sure about it :( I don't think I feel that this is "the one" yet. My poor husband is quite settled on it, but I will only give it to my baby if I am absolutely sure! So we decided to take a break and just leave it be for the moment.

They say sometimes when the baby is born you might change your mind, because suddenly the name that you chose just won't feel right, but another name will! So I wouldn't stress out about choosing a name in advance hun xx

Thanks everyone, I actually do feel alot better knowing other ppl are in the same boat!

MrsHakaxjdx - Are you going to pick a name before baby comes or wait & see what suits?

i.love - I've heard that too, I just cant imagine having to pick a name at birth - we'd end up arguing or something looool

ft90 - My OH picked my daughters name which is Charis (pronounced Kar-ees) its Greek, its pretty unusual so dont know what he's playing at. He really likes Ryan too, but even though I like it I dont think it goes with Charis. I love Sam, too many Sam's in my family tho.

Jayceesmumma - Is Elyssa not an older name? Or maybe its Alyssa i'm thinking about, I love both OH doesn't :( - it must be harder for you coz you have 2 other names to match up with.

We've got to that stage that we've looked thro so many websites ect (plus all the looking with 1st) that there's no more looking we can do anymore & we're just gonna need 2 pick 1 thats previously been discussed. I have to say 95% of the names I see online ect I dont like.

:roll:

I dont know what kind of name it is lmao!! I just remember watching Charmed and the girls name was Alyssa which I liked but shortened it would be ally.. So changed it to elyssa to get Ellie :) I've never called her elyssa and she's even known at school as Ellie lol!!

I've been looking through "old names" & i'm sure I spotted it there - if I see it again i'll copy & paste for you.

Had a chance last night to speak to OH last night but didn't do it coz I knew his mind was on other things. Fingers crossed for today. Might see if I can find at least 1 more name that I like so I can bring the name thing up!

:)

littlemiss well you don't need to choose a name right on the same day when you give birth :) I think you have 6 weeks to register your baby...

Och ano - but I can imagine just now the hassle we'd get coz of it. But yeah i've been keeping that in my head esp about middle names.

I just think it would be nice to have a full boys & full girls name ready for birth. If its a boy it will defo be a middle name of James after its daddy, wanted that for 1st name but he's got 4 James' in his immediate family & my dad & granpa are both James' too looool

:)

Men can be so indecisive! My OH is the same. He didn't want a middle name but I really do, now he does but the only one he wants is Eve and I'm not 100% just yet even though I do love it. I'd rather look at other names and then decide.

:hug: I hope you find a name soon! xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back