rant about passport for Noa

isobel84

Reaction score
As i have understood it Noa cant get a brittish passport as none of me and demba are british. So i been looking in to getting him a swedish passport as we wanted to go home for christmas... ITS MENTAL what i have to do to get him one. By the look of it i have to go to London 3 times, once to copy our passports (which i have already done here on library but no, seems like they have to do it), once to apply for the passport and then once to pick it up!!

I DONT KNOW LONDON i refuse to go there with Noa on my own, im scared just to walk him around our little town, imagine me with him on the tube trying to find the swedish ambassy, Dont think so!

So i was gonna call them today but there bloody phone times are 2-3 on tuesdays and fridays.. im sorry but fucking wankers.

And yeah, his passport will cost 130 and will take 1 and a half month from the first time we get to london.. so i guess Sweden for crimbo is not happening :cry: '

SO ANGRY!

oh hon, sounds like a nightmare..... hopefully when u speak to them tomorrow it will be easier than it looks at the moment. Big hugs tho - I know u really want to go home for Christmas x x x

aw hun what a nightmare, that is rubbish I thought if u were born in britain you were entitled to a passport so much for that x

Have you registered Noa as british? If you have then he can have a british passport :)

he will be regestered today i didnt know i could choose?

i thought if you were born in Britian, you would be classed as british and need a british passport i have to admit...

I was born in germany but my parent registered me at a british embassey so I could have a british passport not a german one. So if you took him to a swedish embassey then he could be registered as swedish. :)

i was told if none of us have a british passport he cant get one? I will def ask in the register office today and fingers crossed its like that. I always thought so aswell until i was told diferent by a friend who is polish and she said when she got her little girls passport it had to be a polish one

ee, you learn something new everyday ;)

i want Noa to be swedish as he would be able to go to university for free :D (yea i have high hopes for him) but i want to get home for crimbo and a british passport wouldnt take as long as a swedish one and not all the hustle going to london 300000 times

Huummm, I cant really offer advise. I would deffinatly ring up the embassy tomorrow (what stupid opening hours!) and see what they say. Maybe you could get over for new years?

Can't you get two passports, i know people who have a British and a Canadian passport

Last edited:
i thought if you were born in Britian, you would be classed as british and need a british passport i have to admit...

i thought this too, if u were born here, u were british,

good luck today tho hun gettin it sorted, its a right farce!!

xxx

I didn't think you could get a British passport unless one of your parents had one.

Hope you get it sorted babe!

I always thought that if you were born in one country but your parents are from another country you could I've dual nationality??

I'm dual nationality! I was born in America and got an American passport but cos my mum is British I got an English one too, I have a blue and a red passport now, makes life interesting lol x

If you're born in America you get an American passport but only get a British one if one of your parents is British x

Im really surprised. I thought Noa is british cos he was born here. What is his nationality then?!

swedish i guess.. well demba said he will take me n noa to london tomorrow to get the firtst bit done, so i dont have to worry about that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back