honeymoons & passports

Tadpole

Reaction score
Hiya :wave: ,

For those who went on a honeymoon straight after/soon after their weddings - did you get your passport changed beforehand? And if so how? (ie go to passport office etc) It seems a bit of a hectic faff to me. I thought we could book plane ticket in my maiden name and I could use my old passport and just sort out a new one at a later (more convenient ) date.

Thanks

I had my name changed before the wedding as my passport was due for renewl anyway. You need to request a special form that you take to the minister/registrar that they fill in to confirm that you are getting married on whatever date and send it off with your application.

The passport will be returned with your new name and the start date will be your wedding day!

I didn't bother, I just booked it all in my maiden name and changed everything when I got back, it wasn't any hassle and we still got upgraded on the plane because we were on honeymoon :D

Go in your maiden name. There's too much to do just before a wedding so you don;t need to add to it.

I booked everything in my maiden name & changed my passport when I got home, too much to do beforehand :D

Tadpole said:
I thought we could book plane ticket in my maiden name and I could use my old passport and just sort out a new one at a later (more convenient ) date.

Exactly what I did :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back