rant about passport for Noa

He'll be Swedish African I think (if OH is African or did I make that up?) and will have dual nationality between those two countries!

How strange, technically he's sweedish african without ever setting foot in either of those countries!!!

looks like we are not going london afterall as the ambassy is having the most redicolous opening times and when i call them i cant talk to a human just a FUCKING RECORDED MESSAGE!!
im fuming.

If hes raised in britain then he'll be swedish african english lol. He'll probably feel more english when he's older though as he'll be raised in an english culture. He'll be one cultured little boy!! :D

oh those embassys are a nightmare. I remember having to deal with them to get a visa to visit my friend in russia. We travelled all the way to london and got to the embassy, queued for 4 hours then they said they were closing in 5 mins and everyone had to comeback tomorrow :faint: luckily I was the last to be seen that day so I just got in. Such a ridiculous system :hug:

In the british passport office it takes 6 weeks but you can pay for a 24hr passport, does the sweedish embassy do this? then you could get home for christmas. I had to sort this out for my brother when he rang 2 days before our family holiday which my parents paid for to say his passport expired :doh:

Last edited:
have you tried phoning the british passport office and speaking them, if you have registered his birth here then surely that makes Noa british?

poor noa, not only doesnt he know what his nationality is, neither do we, lol

hope u get it sorted soon hun n get home for xmas

xxx

I have no clue how these things work but hope you get something sorted! It's madness that you're having a hard time speaking to a human!

Ok....I dont mean to be blunt here. But hes been registered (at your local council I imagine?) and so he's now british. So he may be Swedish African, but legally, he's british. He can't have a swedish and african passport because he's neither of these nationalities. That would be like me going to the french embassey asking for a french passport. Right?

his birth is registered in britain but it dont make him british, hes classed as swedish..

noa's swedish/african, if he has children i think they will be able to be british citizens automatically if they're born in the uk, otherwise, when he reaches 13 i think it is, if he's lived in the uk all his life he can apply for british citizenship xx

Bloody hell! Born in the uk and raised in the UK for 13 years but will have to apply for british citizenship?? Its madness. I imagined he would get a british passport as he was born here. God its complicated xx

yea i think its 13 years, i did about it when i was doing my a level french!, might be less with kids, but i'm pretty sure its longer cos its automatic, they dont have to go thru owt to get there! my neighbours got british citizenship and he had to go thru tonnes of stuff to get it!

A friend from school was born in africa but his parents are british, but hes lived here his entire life. Now the government are saying hes not allowed to work here and has to get a visa. :S

Damn how complicated! I dont have any advise, Ive only seen the easy end of American/UK dual citizenship, But I hope you get it sorted and can go home for christmas!

Ohh! On that link it says

"A child born today in the UK will only have British citizenship if at least one of their parents is a British citizen or was living in the UK with permission to stay here permanently."

Im guessing you guys have permanent visa's? Could be a loophole!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back