Quick Question

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Phoned labour ward to see what i can take and they said it was best i came in if i was bleeding??? I said no because it will be another waste of time because the bleeding has turned to barley spotting now just bits of plug and mucus blood when i wipe. Was i right to say i'll stop at home? It was never LOADS of blood, mainly when i wiped like the start of a period and its only ever been a few spots of watery pinky on my pad. xxx

Not too sure hun, does your MW think you should go to hospital just now? Maybe best to ask her what she thinks!

If your bleeding then maybe your best to go, I know what you mean about wasting your time though. Have you got a lift to the hospital arranged?

xxx

My dad will be taking me. It wasn't my midwife it was labour ward, my midwife didn't seem concerned when i told her. She just said it sounds like early labour and if i had any worries to ring labour ward. I only rang them up to ask what i can take for pain. The bleeding is just spotting though really not bad atall... i would of just seen it as a show unless it got heavy then i'd ring? i could never forgive myself if anything happened though... argh i dunno what to do... i know ill be wasting my time. xxx

Are you far away from the hospital? if not I would have probably gone in, at least then they can have a look and see what is going on. plus you'll get to find out how far dilated you are etc so that cant be a wast of time.

Last edited:
10 mile... oh i really don't know, maybe see if i get anymore blood. Still getting period pains and belly keeps tightening. If i stop feeling baby i will go too. xxx

Stupid as this may sound... i am terrified of getting checked for dilation and want to leave it as long as possible. xxx

I think you should go and get yourself checked out. The MW at labour ward wouldn't have told you to go in if she didn't think you needed to. Even if it is a waste of time, surely it's better to go in and get checked out rather than sit at home worrying about it.

Believe me, when you're in labour you won't care about being checked for dilation!!! You'll have other things to be concentrating on! x

Just rang back and said what i said to you lot. She said if it was just mucousy and not heavy it will be ok but to ring back in an hour. Thats that sorted then. Glad i rang! Baby happily moving. Oh i know Roo, i should be more bothered about the labour i am just a wimp. xxx

shauna you know how much of a wimp i am and i coped really well - you just get on with it when its happening honestly youll be fine! I think the more you try and relax and accept whats happening the easier it is hun xx

Cherelle summed it up perfectly, and when you are in labour your body just takes over anyway and you cope with it one way or another.

Thank you, i really appreciate it. Calmed down a bit now... my friend has just given birth today just after 12 this afternoon. Baby pooed in her so she has to stay in. I'll hopefully see her there lol. xxx

Oh and about labour, she actually said it wasn't as bad as she thought and the morphine was great! xxx

Lol you can have a cup I tea and a natter in the labour ward hehe x

It wasn't so much the pain I found difficult it was the amount of time I was in early labour. That's why I took the epidural when I got induced, I was exhausted! Don't think you're a wimp if you ask for the epidural (if you have time) there's no shame in it hun!
Agree with the girls as well, you just do it because you have to :) and then when baby is placed on you its the best feeling ever! :)

Yeah constantstar, hoping she is still there so i have someone i know to speak to lol... but she will just be wanting to get home so wouldn't wish it on her to be in ages lol.
Thanks pinky, i am such a worrier! I am worrying about the internals, the epidural itself lol and scared incase i can't have an epidural... I need to chill. I am alot better than before though lol. xxx

You will be fine hun, I bet you surprise yourself!

How are the pains now? x

Can't feel them much at this exact minute but it varies then i will start feeling achy and periody again. Hope i surprise myself! xxx

Hope it progresses for you quickly - in the nicest possible way, obv don't want you to be in pain! But hopefully it won't drag on for days & days! I bet you go into the hospital and are like 5cm dilated! x

Aww thanks hun :)
Yeah 5cm would be great lol!
It will be over with soon. Just a waiting game waiting for regular contractions. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back