Another Mucus Plug Question...

Zoeox

Reaction score
I know there have been so many mucus plug questions lately, but thought I would ask another..

Does you mucus plug have to be pinky coloured or have blood in it or can is be clearish? Or is this just Cervical Mucus?
I'm confussed by the two, just been to the toilet and had some clearish mucus when I wiped, more than what I have ever had before, just wondering if its normal? xx

I think the mucus plug normally doesn't have blood in it, and I think it's more jelly like. I think I am starting to lose mine.... Had some small chunks (finger tip size) in the toilet the last few days. My sil said hers was about the size of an egg in all. Hope that helps!

This morning it was like a jelly and quite a bit there, maybe a teaspoon full (which doesn't seem to be a lot) but more than normal for me. :s x

A show is like jelly and can be clear, pinky or even red (called a bloody show). Apparently you do notice the difference compared to mucus - so if it makes you think it could be increased cervical mucus - it might not be your show. However this is based on what I have been told as there is no sign of mine at all! Mrs KM - that's so exciting!

Apparently it is gross and there is no mistaking it too lol... I am Trying no to get excited haha! No other signs really :)

I've only had it explained as a big redish snot ball so not much help. Think I will just have to keep check xx

Ooooooh well let me know girls - as I am on alert for everything! LOL

Ooooooh well let me know girls - as I am on alert for everything! LOL

Ditto!

Some people dont lose their plug until active labour so I don't think it's really a sign of anything haha.

when i spoke to my midwife about it yesterday she said it can be clear, can be jelly like or can be like an egg white consitency. the amount can also vary. from what you have described, it does sound like it to me. x

I was losing mine for weeks and it was clear and jelly like - just a wee bit at a time - but lost a huge chunk on Saturday and it had pink blood on it - also had some spotting without mucus and the midwife said that is also a bloody show - lost another load yesterday (don't know where it is all coming from LOL) - but some people don't lose any until they are in labour

mine looked like a big chunk of yellowishgreen type snot with some blood streaked through. about the length of my middle finger and width of 2cm or more it was disgusting x

Good to hear from people who have actually lost it! Thanks!

Interesting thread now, well still loosing some, snotty like and yellowy green colour kind of. Not going to get excited as I know it can grow back, and I'm sure there is lots of it to come out, xxx

Well good job I didn't get too excited last couple of times not had any more. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back