Pregnancy Weight Gain Explained

Kezzamunster

Reaction score
Evening all :wave:

Just reading through a pregnancy magazine & there's an article about weight gain so I thought I'd post

It states that there are no official UK guidelines for weight gain in pregnancy & gaining between 22lbs-35lbs is considered normal & here's where it all goes.....

*Around 7lb 7oz is your baby
*14lb is maternal stores in preparation for breastfeeding (fat, protein & nutrients)
*4lb is increased fluid
*2lb is your womb
*2lb is amniotic fluid
*2lb is breast enlargement
*1lb 7oz is the placenta

xxx

Wow! I must have some serious 'stores' haha :)

This is really interesting actually, thank you, good to know what's going on xx

ive already put on around 6lb . . . hopefully wont put on too much in total, though if baby manages to get to full term its likely to be around the 8lb mark, thats avrage size in mine and oh's families!!!

That's a lovely sized lil one :cloud9:

My brother was 8lb 5oz & I remember him being absolutely gorgeous & I was only about 4 at the time

xxx

2lb for breasts - feels more like 10lb ! they are massive now! :lol:

Last edited:
No probs :)

Always interesting to know what's going on & where everything is going

xxx

I know what you mean hun, my mum bless her, put on 42lbs with me & never lost the weight then when pregnant with my brother, an added 21lbs went in top & it seems to run on her side of the family when the ladies expecting

xxx

one of my friends only gained 11 lbs, her ds was 9lb of that, the lucky so and so lost weight through her pregnancy, she said it was through eating healthier.

Omg 11lb, that's like Christmas weight gain for me :lol: What a lucky girl eh!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back