Please tell me what you think I should do. LONG POST!!

Hi,

I haven't read all the replies so sorry if I repeat, but I thought you might like a male perspective on this...Just my 2 cents...

I suppose I'm about to make some generalisations, but I think they're justified from personal experience.

First of all, my wife and I fight (verbally) quite often. She has hit me (hard), but even so, no matter what the situation there is never a justification for hitting a woman (unless your a woman). In my experience, if a man has the personality or temper which allows him to hit a woman in any situation once, he will do it again, and it will escalate as he continually justifies it too himself.

My dad hit my mum once. She left him. Good choice in my opinion. Total w**ker!

Secondly, a man who cheats on a woman once, will do it again, given the opportunity. Again, my dad cheated on my mum 4 times in the 10 years they were together, brought to a head by the hitting incident.

I suppose what I'm saying is that leaving this guy is the right thing to do (imho). You don't have to take on board what I'm saying, but again, I think from a male point of view the guy is a c***!

Love is a strange thing that makes us make strange decisions. Sometimes you have to make the decisions with your head, rather than your heart.

Good luck whatever you do.

Paul.

It's good to read a man's perspective on this. Just got out of an unstable relationship myself with the father of my baby. After a row over really trivial things, he belted me across the face - at 20 weeks pregnant. Police were called, he spent night in custody, relationship over. Thing is, he had been violent towards me in the summer and I forgave him because he had been drunk, what a big mistake that was. This last time he was stone cold sober so no excusing what he did at all.

You need to be strong. Say no to this man and think to the future and your baby. As Paul_B says, they do it once, they will do it again. I learnt that lesson the hard way. You always think you can be the one to change a man, but some are just beyond help. My eyes have now been opened.

Good luck! :hug:

Meezie said:
You need to be strong. Say no to this man and think to the future and your baby. As Paul_B says, they do it once, they will do it again. I learnt that lesson the hard way. You always think you can be the one to change a man, but some are just beyond help. My eyes have now been opened.

Good luck! :hug:

I agree, too many women learn this lesson the hard way and often when its too late. Please dont be one of those :hug:

Please be strong, you dont need this pathetic excuse for a man!

I know you are in love with him and this must be so hard for you, but by the sounds of things all he will do is use and abuse you honey.

Too many women keep going back and falling for the 'sorrys'. I have a friend who is in a very simular situation to you and she just keeps going back.

Nothing I say or do will change your mind, you have to make that decision for yourself.

Good luck hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back