Please tell me what you think I should do. LONG POST!!

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. You may have read previous posts about me and my OH but now it's making me ill and i need to get things clear in my head.

I met my OH just over 3 years ago, we had a fantastic relationship to begin with and it was love at first sight for me - in fact the one and only person I have ever loved is him. Our relationship broke down after 7 months and i was devistated. We kept in touch on and off, and met up occasionally whenever HE decided to call. I was being used, but was so hoping to sort things out. This went on for quite a while, until eventually I met someone else and so did he - he got a girl pregnant after about a week of seeing her. He told me via text he was going to be a dad so wouldnt be able to see me again. That night I tried to do something stupid and it was a bit of a turning point for me. We lost touch with each other for a few months, until one day out of the blue he text me after getting my number off one of my friends. The other girl was 5 months pregnant by then, and he gave me a sob story about how she had tricked him, trapped him, lied to him, stole money from him, even booked false holidays and lied about her dad having a serious illness. I felt sorry for him. I loved him and hearing him hurt and upset tore me apart, even tho a piece of me thought he deserved everything he got.
We met up again for a chat, and after a couple of weeks he had left the girl and told me he still loved me. Just when i was prepared to stand by him he told me he wanted me to lose weight if we were going to get back together :shock: I got upset and he went mad saying that he was only being honest and that he had remembered why he didnt want me in the first place! So we went our separate ways again. That was in September 2005 and I didnt see him again until Xmas 2005 - by which time I had lost over 2 stone and looked fab! His baby boy had been born in November.

We got talking again and after him telling me how much he loved me we ended up spending the night together. Turns out it was a bet he had with his brother, and he won. I checked his phone that night too - he already had another girlfriend and had warned her to stay out the pub becasue his "psycho ex" was in town (me!). I text her and told her what had happened then got a cab home while he was asleep.

All over xmas and new year 2005/2006 we kept in touch, either arguing or talking and he said he didn't want the other girl anyway as she was a drug addict and still sleeping with her ex. In January 2006 we decided to give it a go, and try again as we realised we kept being drawn back to each other again and again. Within a week of us getting together he went and spent the evening at another ex's house and said it made no difference because I wasn't his girlfriend anyway! So again more row's, and we tried again. All was going well, my parents accpeted him back, and I loved him more than ever - although I did find it hard to trust him. I can read him like a book, and he talks in his sleep!

In April 2006 he was acting very strange and I knew something was wrong. After a drunken night out I checked his phone again - very bad I know - but I had to know. There were messages on his phone from his ex he had the baby with asking him to go with her to the abortion clinic. I felt like my whole world had collapsed. I woke him up by kicking him, we had a massive row and a fight and he ended up getting arrested and spent the night in jail for hitting me.

The next day I dropped the charges and when he was released we went for a chat. He told me he slept with her at xmas when he went to see his son, before we got back together. She was claiming to be 4 months pregnant, and he had gone the clinic with her, only to find they were closed. When he made her do a test, it turned out she was not pregant at all.

Again I forgave him. I couldnt imagine not having him around and he broke all contact with his ex and his son so we could get on with our lives. We got engaged in May 2006 a couple of days after my birthday. I was happy, i love his family too. But we kept having arguments, i couldnt trust him anymore, and he never gave me reason too. He would keep his phone on silent, locked or turned off whenever he was with me. It was killing me slowly, I was already suffering with bulimia and the stress was making it worse. I was on the pill, but the sickness made it void and I found out i was pregnant just before i was due to go on holiday with him. That same week, he had told me he thought he had chlamydia and he caught it off me. He got very nasty and said it must be me because he had not slept around. We both went for tests and the results were due while we were away, I hadnt told him I was pregnant yet. We telephoned from Corfu for the results - I was clear, but HE had chlamydia.

We argued a lot on holiday, but had no choice but to sort things out being stuck in the same room. I told him I thought I was pregnant and he was happy, he told people on holiday that we had met, and kept stroking my tummy. Then I started to miscarry on the last day of the holiday.
I bled all the way home on the plane, and got no support from him, he was acting like I was just an inconvienience.
I had to go for scans and medical management when home, and he wouldnt come with me becasue of his work. Then he dumped me. I was a mess. I'd lost my baby and him within a week, i hadnt told any of my family about my MC and I was so alone. I tried anything to get him back. That was September 2006. In the couple of months after that he would phone me up crying when he was drunk saying how much he wanted a baby and he just couldnt deal with it. We met each other on and off, and I suppose I thought if I could give him the baby he desperately wanted, I would make him happy.

He was happy to begin with, then after listening to his mates, he lost interest and ignored me fo weeks. Then after I told his mother what was going on, he was interested again and said he just needed time. We have both bought a house in the last couple of months. His is in wolverhampton on a main road - very nice but not what I'm used too - I'm a country girl. And mine is a victorian cottage on the banks of the river surrounded by wildlife and trees.

I want to be a family and live together, he would make a great dad. He can be daft and funny, and can have you in pain from laughing so much. He loves fishing, animals, being outdoors - all the things I loved as a kid. I was a right little daddies girl! My baby would benefit from so much from him.

But, on valentines day this year, he came round to my cottage and gave me a card, when I opened it my engagement ring fell out. He put it back on my finger and i felt like everything was falling into place. Untill the weekend, when he announced he would not live in my house - which is close to my family - and i would have to live in his if we were to stay together. He said he is the boss of our relationship and what he says goes. That I would i would have to live under his roof, by his rules, and he would even limit what money I was allowed to have! His house is nearly an hour away from my family! This is my first baby. He has also said he is going to his friends wedding for a week in Dubai in October. Our baby will be 4 weeks old, and i cant understand why he would want to leave his newborn baby and me for a week when we are likely to need him most! He say's his friends are more important. I told him i needed space to think as our views are very different.

I tried to text him to talk a couple of days ago and he ignored me completely. So i sent him this text.... "I know you don't want our baby. I just wish you would be man enough to say it. You have never been there for me when I needed you and you have no intention of being there for our child. I dont think you will ever change. So you're off the hook. You wanted me out the way so you win. I ment what i said, I do think a lot of you and i do think you would make a great dad if you wanted, but you dont want, and my baby deserves more than to be second best."

Have I been too harsh? I can't stop crying and feel so low. Sorry for the long post. I dont blame you if you dont want to reply, but just writing t down has helped me see what a complete idiot i am.

Piglet xx

pigletpoo said:
Hi everyone. You may have read previous posts about me and my OH but now it's making me ill and i need to get things clear in my head.

I met my OH just over 3 years ago, we had a fantastic relationship to begin with and it was love at first sight for me - in fact the one and only person I have ever loved is him. Our relationship broke down after 7 months and i was devistated. We kept in touch on and off, and met up occasionally whenever HE decided to call. I was being used, but was so hoping to sort things out. This went on for quite a while, until eventually I met someone else and so did he - he got a girl pregnant after about a week of seeing her. He told me via text he was going to be a dad so wouldnt be able to see me again. That night I tried to do something stupid and it was a bit of a turning point for me. We lost touch with each other for a few months, until one day out of the blue he text me after getting my number off one of my friends. The other girl was 5 months pregnant by then, and he gave me a sob story about how she had tricked him, trapped him, lied to him, stole money from him, even booked false holidays and lied about her dad having a serious illness. I felt sorry for him. I loved him and hearing him hurt and upset tore me apart, even tho a piece of me thought he deserved everything he got.
We met up again for a chat, and after a couple of weeks he had left the girl and told me he still loved me. Just when i was prepared to stand by him he told me he wanted me to lose weight if we were going to get back together :shock: I got upset and he went mad saying that he was only being honest and that he had remembered why he didnt want me in the first place! So we went our separate ways again. That was in September 2005 and I didnt see him again until Xmas 2005 - by which time I had lost over 2 stone and looked fab! His baby boy had been born in November.

We got talking again and after him telling me how much he loved me we ended up spending the night together. Turns out it was a bet he had with his brother, and he won. I checked his phone that night too - he already had another girlfriend and had warned her to stay out the pub becasue his "psycho ex" was in town (me!). I text her and told her what had happened then got a cab home while he was asleep.

All over xmas and new year 2005/2006 we kept in touch, either arguing or talking and he said he didn't want the other girl anyway as she was a drug addict and still sleeping with her ex. In January 2006 we decided to give it a go, and try again as we realised we kept being drawn back to each other again and again. Within a week of us getting together he went and spent the evening at another ex's house and said it made no difference because I wasn't his girlfriend anyway! So again more row's, and we tried again. All was going well, my parents accpeted him back, and I loved him more than ever - although I did find it hard to trust him. I can read him like a book, and he talks in his sleep!

In April 2006 he was acting very strange and I knew something was wrong. After a drunken night out I checked his phone again - very bad I know - but I had to know. There were messages on his phone from his ex he had the baby with asking him to go with her to the abortion clinic. I felt like my whole world had collapsed. I woke him up by kicking him, we had a massive row and a fight and he ended up getting arrested and spent the night in jail for hitting me.

The next day I dropped the charges and when he was released we went for a chat. He told me he slept with her at xmas when he went to see his son, before we got back together. She was claiming to be 4 months pregnant, and he had gone the clinic with her, only to find they were closed. When he made her do a test, it turned out she was not pregant at all.

Again I forgave him. I couldnt imagine not having him around and he broke all contact with his ex and his son so we could get on with our lives. We got engaged in May 2006 a couple of days after my birthday. I was happy, i love his family too. But we kept having arguments, i couldnt trust him anymore, and he never gave me reason too. He would keep his phone on silent, locked or turned off whenever he was with me. It was killing me slowly, I was already suffering with bulimia and the stress was making it worse. I was on the pill, but the sickness made it void and I found out i was pregnant just before i was due to go on holiday with him. That same week, he had told me he thought he had chlamydia and he caught it off me. He got very nasty and said it must be me because he had not slept around. We both went for tests and the results were due while we were away, I hadnt told him I was pregnant yet. We telephoned from Corfu for the results - I was clear, but HE had chlamydia.

We argued a lot on holiday, but had no choice but to sort things out being stuck in the same room. I told him I thought I was pregnant and he was happy, he told people on holiday that we had met, and kept stroking my tummy. Then I started to miscarry on the last day of the holiday.
I bled all the way home on the plane, and got no support from him, he was acting like I was just an inconvienience.
I had to go for scans and medical management when home, and he wouldnt come with me becasue of his work. Then he dumped me. I was a mess. I'd lost my baby and him within a week, i hadnt told any of my family about my MC and I was so alone. I tried anything to get him back. That was September 2006. In the couple of months after that he would phone me up crying when he was drunk saying how much he wanted a baby and he just couldnt deal with it. We met each other on and off, and I suppose I thought if I could give him the baby he desperately wanted, I would make him happy.

He was happy to begin with, then after listening to his mates, he lost interest and ignored me fo weeks. Then after I told his mother what was going on, he was interested again and said he just needed time. We have both bought a house in the last couple of months. His is in wolverhampton on a main road - very nice but not what I'm used too - I'm a country girl. And mine is a victorian cottage on the banks of the river surrounded by wildlife and trees.

I want to be a family and live together, he would make a great dad. He can be daft and funny, and can have you in pain from laughing so much. He loves fishing, animals, being outdoors - all the things I loved as a kid. I was a right little daddies girl! My baby would benefit from so much from him.

But, on valentines day this year, he came round to my cottage and gave me a card, when I opened it my engagement ring fell out. He put it back on my finger and i felt like everything was falling into place. Untill the weekend, when he announced he would not live in my house - which is close to my family - and i would have to live in his if we were to stay together. He said he is the boss of our relationship and what he says goes. That I would i would have to live under his roof, by his rules, and he would even limit what money I was allowed to have! His house is nearly an hour away from my family! This is my first baby. He has also said he is going to his friends wedding for a week in Dubai in October. Our baby will be 4 weeks old, and i cant understand why he would want to leave his newborn baby and me for a week when we are likely to need him most! He say's his friends are more important. I told him i needed space to think as our views are very different.

I tried to text him to talk a couple of days ago and he ignored me completely. So i sent him this text.... "I know you don't want our baby. I just wish you would be man enough to say it. You have never been there for me when I needed you and you have no intention of being there for our child. I dont think you will ever change. So you're off the hook. You wanted me out the way so you win. I ment what i said, I do think a lot of you and i do think you would make a great dad if you wanted, but you dont want, and my baby deserves more than to be second best."

Have I been too harsh? I can't stop crying and feel so low. Sorry for the long post. I dont blame you if you dont want to reply, but just writing t down has helped me see what a complete idiot i am.

Piglet xx

have YOU been to harsh!!!!?????

pigletpoo wake up hunny and smell the coffee! This mans a total wanker.
After reading hat i feel like ive watched a video nasty or something :(

Get rid if the rubbish in your life and ditch HIM! You are worth more than this! He will go on being unfaithful to you and abusing you if you stay with him. He is a control freak, a womaniser and a woman beater.
Will he really make a good dad? Has he been there for his son who he had wih another woman?
If you stay with him and accept what he is doing to you what message are you sending out to your children?
Stay where you are in your cottage near your family and stay safe.

Hi HUn im so sorry for what you have been through. in my opinion you have done the best thing. he sounds like a total ar$ehole and i know you love him but he obviously does not love you. you and your baby deserve better!! definately do not leave your home for him, you will lose everything and regret it. You need to put your baby first and your felings for him to the side as he has done with you and baby. he mite be a great dad on paper but if he aint willing to be there then he is just going to keep letting you and him/her down. i know it sounds impossible but you need to move on, you have give in to this man for sooo long and he doesnt even deserve you. start planning for you and your little un and forget him. he obviously treats all women like this (from example of the other ex's) and he has issues. you dont want any child of your's using him as a role model, that is the worst thing at can happen. i hope you start feeling better soon hun and remember it will take time but to be honest you will only do it if you cut him out of your life altogether. if he starts moanin about bein a dad remember how quick he dumped his other kid and ex for you, you may be that woman one day hun. dont let him be involved until he proves he is worthy of being a dad and dont let him into your life. you and him should remain over!! i hope you are ok and i hope i have helped. i know some of my words may sound harsh and they may not be what you want to hear but i have been through this with a friend and although she didnt want to believe me at the time she is better off now and she loves her life with her little girl and now has someone new who she deserves!! Big Hugs Hun :hug: :hug: :hug: all the best xxxxxxxxxx

oh un. he is a wa**er.

you better off without him. you have given him too many chances. he would have been out of my life long ago.

move on with your life, and look forward to YOUR baby.

:hug:

Have to agree with Budge hunny, he is not a great advertisement for a loving &caring partner. If he has cheated before and you've taken him back, & then he's done it again and you've taken him back........what makes you think he won't continue this pattern?

I really don't want to sound too harsh but he sounds like a waster who is only happy when he is doing things his way, when he's in control and when you are miserable! Every woman deserves to wake up in the morning next to someone who will treat her with love & respect - you certainly don't sound like you are getting either!

I think you should stay in your cottage (which sounds beautiful and I'm jealous :hug: ), and start putting yourself (& the baby) first - if it doesn't make you happy - don't do it. Get yourself back in control and let him waste someone elses life hun.

If you do leave him, then you will almost certainly want to take him back at some point if the past is anything to go by, my advice to you is to save your post and read it back as you get less and less attached emotionally to him, then use this to make your decision - I would hope the no brainer result will be that you will cut him out of your life.

You are more important than he is, and you must start beleiving you deserve better - you really do :hug:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm afraid i agree with Budge, get rid of this waste of space!!
He is a controlling freak, who wants things his way and his way only.
You will find someone who will value YOU and not abuse use you in this way.
I'm sorry but i doubt that he will make a good dad, he's not being a good dad to his other kid.
PLEASE make a clean break from this man, how can he really love you if he wants to control your money, who you go out with, he wants to control YOU! and he knows that you keep bouncing back to him.
Be strong and realise you are a better person than he will EVER be.

Good luck :hug:

its har making the break from someone your love but please make it, you have your child to think of now and they will learn by your example, it doesnt sound as if this has ever really been a relationship just a pick you up and put you down when he can and you are worth so so much more than that, ditch him, live in your little cottage near your family and create the life you want to live with your son or daughter he doesnt deserve you or this baby

Hi everyone. Thanks for your quick replys. I know it makes sense what you all say, it's so clear when you stand on the outside looking in. He isn't bad all the time, I guess I've picked out the worst bits of our relationship. And although he did hit me during our fight once, i did give as good as i got. I wasn't the little woman being beaten.
But nevertheless, I have to put my baby first now don't I ?
I can't have him/her being brought up with this prehistoric attitude to women, and i am terrified if I let him in my baby's life, he will let him/her down just like he has done me.
Thanks for all your kind words and for not judging me. It helps so much to be able to get things out of your system on here. :hug:

Piglet xx

sorry hun but i agree with the others, i would guess that if you stay with him he is just going to keep hurting you again and again. find someone who will treat you the way that you deserve to be treated and will make you happy. sending you big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Piglet

I know that it's hard and that you have a baby to consider but PLEASE PLEASE do not give in. I was with my ex for 17 years (yes 17!) :wall: , no engagement ring, no weddings, no babies. He didnt want children. We were sposed to buy a house together which we did but he never paid towards it on a regular basis, he did some work on it over the 10 years but he lived away from it most of that time. He had 3 long term affairs that I found out about and how many others that I do not know about. I ended up on anti-depressants at one stage as thought that everything that went wrong was my fault (so he told me). I finally woke up when he was seen at a wedding reception with some girl and it turned out he'd been with her for months (all the time lying to me and sposdly trying to work things out). even when he was caught red-handed he still lied about the girl. Anyway you deserve better, I've been there and you feel like that you have no-one else to turn to but you do, have faith in yourself and believe me there is a better life out there, where you do not have to continually wonder where he is wot he is upto etc etc etc. Do not give up your house either, I wouldnt put him on my mortgage and thank god I didnt else he'd have screwed even more money out of me. sorry to have gone on but please as hard as it is dont go back.

ps I am now happily married and expecting baby no 1.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!

hes a tosspot, he should have been history the night he hit u!!!!! :x :x
think hard about havin that man as a father to ur baby, bad news!!!!

OMG :shock: I feel like I need a bath. What a total utter TOSSER! For the love of that baby in your belly hun get out and stay out, hell I'd send him that text daily for the next ten years. A good father I'll be buggered :roll: Not likely, sorry but any man who can treat you like that is NOT going to make a good father trust me. Its about time you realised that you deserve much better than this and so does that wee little one inside you. You sound like you have a beautiful home and a loving family, dont throw it away on this toss pot he aint worth it, and you can tell him I said so.
Sorry I get worked up a bit but I'm with you all the way and am having a go at him.
BE STRONG DONT LET HIM BACK IN FOR GODS SAKE :hug:

If he can be aggressive and hit you the once, who's to say he wouldn't start being more aggressive again, once he has got you were he wants you, along with all the money from your house sale.

Please keep us updated.

Hunny, not all abuse is physical, i got more mental abuse with a bit of physical thrown in for good measure.

When he wishes to control where you live, the money you will spend etc etc thats mental abuse. Get rid of him.He will never be the man you wish for.

Give your love to that little one instead.

Wanted to give you a BIG hug :hug: pigletpoo :hug:
Sometimes we love people for the right reasons but stay for the wrong ones, I believe you know what's best but it's hard accepting that, although you have your family, your baby on the way and a home, he CANNOT take any of that away from you, you do not need him, and as time passes it will get easier because instead of him, you will have your beautiful baby to focus on, be happy for, love to live and love for :hug:

You can love someone, love is good and true, people can be bad and lie, he may be all good things but his bad things are not going to let this relationship be good and true :hug: If you love him that's OK, but it doesn't mean you have to live with him or give him any of your time and self.

By writing this post I think you've taken a very brave step, to share your feelings and past, here's to future positive, happy posts where he isn't a major factor anymore :hug:

Very best wishes pigletpoo :)

I agree with all the previous people- you have done exactly the right thing.

A good friend of mine is stuck with an abusive man and not all abuse is physical. You have family and friends to support you- don't change your mind back when he comes crawling- and he wil...

I have to agree with the others, he does sound like a w**ker.

Good luck with the situation :hug: Breaking up is never easy to do but it sounds like, in this case, it would be the best option.

Hi again. I'm not trying to defend him, i know that would be really pathetic, but I just want to say that he didnt just hit me. I woke him up by kicking him in the ribs, he was covered in bruises too and it was a fight that I started. Maybe I won't be a great mother either.
I really wanted my baby to have his surname, and I've already chosen names based on that. He is a dick, no mistake about it, but I would never have wanted children by anyone else and I am still glad he is my babys dad. I feel guilty for taking away his right to be a dad, he hasnt actually said he doesnt want to be. I'm just assuming because he is ignoring me.

When he is being nice, he is the most wonderful person, I picked the worse bits of 3 years to share with you earlier. I know I have got to move on and leave him behind, but maybe I unfairly made him out to be a monster. He isn't that bad. Maybe me and him were just a bad combination. He is a city boy and will never change, I'm a country girl and just as stubborn.

Thanks again,

Piglet xx

It sounds like you are back tracking.....

I do belive the fact you are pregnant makes it harder to not desperately want this relationship to work.

He has given you clear indicators of how it will be if you chose to live with him..It will be his rules, his house, he will decide how much moeny you get , doesn't sound like a great invitation to me.

he has also told you his friends are more imprtant than you.

The no.1 person in your life now is the LO inside you and you have to figure out how to make him/her happy .the first part of that is a happy mommy...Do you truely eblieve this guy can make you happy and is ready for a family? he cut off his first son are you sure he wouldn't do the same to you.

You do deserve better than you are getting now

ohhh hun. :( :hug:

he is a total w*nker darlin and you deserve MUCH better than that!!!! how any man can treat a woman like he has treat you is behond me!!

you concentrate on you and YOUR baby and get him out of your life once and for all - he obviously isnt fit enough to be a dad - i mean, he left his other child behind didnt he? he would do the same to yours once a new GF came on the scene - he is a waste of space darlin and you truely do deserve better than that peice of s*it!!!!

i hope you feel better soon hun i really do - you are such a lovely person and you deserve 100% more than that :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back