People constantly get my daughters name wrong!

a girl i went to shcool with was called danielle and apparently people sspell it a crazy way like "daniyelle" and stuff

my friends daughter is called phoebe and the ways she has seen that soelt is crazy!

Feebeepee
Pheebee
Pheybey
feeby

They do, Danyel is quite a common one! Or adding n's and removing either L's or E's! Xx

my uncle is called michael and he said he gets it wrong all the time... seriously... michael is not hard!

My name is Leanne my married surname was Eyre ( pronounced air) and it amuses me that not only did people get my surname wrong they also got Leanne wrong.
How does Leanne Eyre become Leonard eye ree.

Never had my name shortened - I just don't like it although my nickname is Lanny or LAN LAN :)

Last edited:
oh i can beat that lol

my last day of primary school we had a plaque with my class names on.
my first name ia joanna and middle name marie

they spelt it - joan maria

and they managed to spell my surname wrong too!

now people keep calling me by my last name instead of my foirst because its a female name, only its mu surname so ill be sitting in the doctors and theyll be shouting my surname and i dont even reply lol.

My daughter got a party invite the other day To Merrin! arg!.....but on a good note her dance school have started calling her Mirren now instead of Miriam! :)

I got an email today.... my address is gayle.....@blahblah and the woman wrote in the body of the text Dear Gail.

Now that bugs me. Why? !!

I can sympathize with that Gayle. My name is Jaclyn Lindsay and I always put my name at the bottom of my emails. I cant tell u the amount of times people reply with Dear Lindsay...
Grrrr x

I can sympathize with that Gayle. My name is Jaclyn Lindsay and I always put my name at the bottom of my emails. I cant tell u the amount of times people reply with Dear Lindsay...
Grrrr x

Lol some people are murder!! Xx

my surname is also a girls name and i get all the time - today a midwife just would not call me anything else!!- drives me NUTS!! Its like people cant be bothered to READ!

I recently had to write a birthday card out for my OH's business partner's daughter who is called Bridie..at least that's how I'd spell it.. But it could be Bridy.. OH had no clue & I didn't want to offend by getting the spelling wrong but I had to make an educated guess... I still don't know if I spelt it right.. Xx

we had a next door neighbour and her daughter had a name we could never spell we always made two attempts, scrapped the xmas card and wrote &family instead of spelling it wrong anf on hyer bday did that annoying thing where you dont put the name on, just who its from lol

JoJo- I've never left it blank but I'll def be doing that in the future haha

LOL I guess this doesn't really bother me. I had it my entire life. My name is Sarah-Jean... And people ALWAYS call me Sarah-Jane. It's JEAN! Not JANE! I'd rather they just called me Sarah than called me Sarah-Jane!!!

I was a mean Momma though and my kids all got unusual names and people ALWAYS get them wrong. My oldest is Tristan. Nice, simple, traditional boys name. And yet people call him Christian, Tristram, Tristian... ANYTHING but Tristan! LOL My second son is Jaeven (pronounced JAY-ven) and thankfully everyone just calls him JJ. Now my third son has the weirdest name, as he's called Raistlin, and strangely NOBODY gets it wrong! I have no idea why! My fourth son is Ashton and he's fine, doesn't get much confusion except the occasional Aston or Austin confusion.

My first daughter is Lacey-Rose and everyone always calls her Lucy. My second daughter is Liberty-Hope but everyone calls her Libby and she doesn't care about that at all. And my youngest son is Robin but most people call him Bobby for some reason.

My DH actually has a normal name and yet he gets the most upset when people get it wrong. His name is Martin... And he HATES it when people pronounce it without the T in it. LOL It really, REALLY annoys him. It's so funny. I love to wind him up with it when he's bugging me! :p

People almost always find a way of getting names wrong. From spelling to pronunciation. Try not to let it bother you too much! :)

I get this on cards. People spell my name Niomi or naiomi a lot. When it's Naomi. It's easy to see how people get it wrong because people pronounce it differently. For me and my family it's pronounced Ni(like sigh)omi so people will kind of spell it that way. But other people call me NAAI-omi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back