Need an oldfashioned girls name

nikkimitch

Reaction score
Found out this week that we are having another girl - was really set on the name Ella until dh pointed out that we are not the smallest of people and if she inherits our build she'll get called Ellaphant at school - having been bullied a lot for my weight (amongst other things) at school I dont want to help them!! :)
I already have Thomas, Sophie and Benjamin - tend to go for more traditional English names but as this is our last child fancy soemthing a little unusual - love names like Ruby but that is going to become very common with celebs using it and the song etc.
Surname begins with an M so dont want first name to and dont want an S as already haev Sophie

any ideas :) really struggling now and cant find my baby name books anywhere!

Dorothy (Dottie)
Ava
Poppy
Polly
Tilly
Edie
Edith
Alice

:D

Hannah
Katherine
Maisie
Rebekah

My favourite girl's name at the moment is Erica - not particularly old fashioned though.

Last edited:
My daughter is called Elizabeth, so thats quite old fashioned, we call her Libby for short.

I also like:

Emily
Charlotte
Elsie
Ivy
Harriet

lso love old fashioned and un-common names.. hence charlotte.. i lvoe it.. lol.. theres loads.. charlotte, harriet, hetty, sarah, lucy

I love Charlotte and it was my 3xgreat grandmother's name but unfortunately it is also my niece's name

dh has come home fixed on the name Ruby which I love just worried it will be too popular this year

My sister liked Ruby but worried that it was too common. Removed personal information

Last edited:
My DD (4 months) is called Ella and I am not tiny either - her being called Ellaphant, has never ever crossed my mind - I think this is a very tiny possibility - go with the name you love as its beautiful (not that I'm biased!)

Xxx

I've got a Charlotte-Grace, James-David and would love another girl who we would call Elizabeth-Rose, i love the "normal" traditional names too :oops:

I love the name Eleanor....and my Aunt who's nearly 70 is called Alexandria but Lexy for short and I love that name as well.

Also Katie is a lovely name. :)

What about Ellie? I loved this name for a girl but ended up having a boy! Typical :roll:

Suzie is a good name. But i am biased. I'm technically Suzanne, but i've been Suzie to everyone for years.

I like Ella, i'd go for it. If people are gonna be mean then they'll find a way no matter the name!
i got called Miss Blobby. - not name linked at all!

Though i'm sure they'll be fine anyway!

yep liking Ella more and more - possibly Ella Rose - loads of good ideas thanks everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back