People constantly get my daughters name wrong!

Iwant3

Reaction score
is it that strange!:wall2: drives me crazy

her name is Mirren.....said how it's spelt - like Helen Mirren etc

Anyway, she is constantly called Miriam! which drives me nuts! I was stood outside her ballet class the other day waiting for them to finish when I heard the tutor saying Miriam, Miriam.....MIRIAM! getting more annoyed with her....bless her she wasn't answering because that;s not her name :mad: not because she was being awkward or not listening......

When she came out of class I politely pointed out that Miriam wasn't her name and that might be why she wasn't answering etc - next lesson it's 'come on Miriam!':wall:

even some of her realitves call her Miriam!

The name we have chosen for our next daughter is gonna prove just as hard for people to grasp I know it will - god knows what they will call her:shakehead:

What a gorgeous name! We think we are going to call this baby Everly. I'm a bit concerned people will call her Beverly though :-/

What is wrong with these people? Mirren is not a difficult name at all! You should start calling her tutor by a differnt name and see how she likes it :lol:

Last edited:
My daughters only 9 months and I'm already getting this! She is called Skyler and people keep calling her Scarlett wtf!

I've had this my entire life. My name is Jaclyn, like Jaclyn Smith from Charlies Angels, pronounced Jack-lyn. Its not difficult at all. But you wouldnt believe the amount of times I have to correct people who call me Jocelyn, Jacqueline, Jackie and even Jacinta!!!!!!
My mum said the best names are the ones that u have to correct people with, because they are unique lol x

I've had this my entire life. My name is Jaclyn, like Jaclyn Smith from Charlies Angels, pronounced Jack-lyn. Its not difficult at all. But you wouldnt believe the amount of times I have to correct people who call me Jocelyn, Jacqueline, Jackie and even Jacinta!!!!!!
My mum said the best names are the ones that u have to correct people with, because they are unique lol x

Lol Jacinta!!! That made me laugh!!

I don't get some people! Mirren is nothing like Miriam!

And Skyler and Scarlett??

People get my daughters name wrong all the time too when it's relatively straight forward! Fools!

My friend is called Bentley and someone at his work calls him Brian, it's got beyond the stage of pointing it out as he has endless times but this guy just still calls him Brian! He just answers to it now lol x

My father in law calls my daughter Madeleine, and writes it that way still too. her name is Madeline. She's 5, I give up.

And he's only got 3 grand kids!lol

I think Mirrens a lovely name and very easy to know what it is - we hear it a lot as a name up here.

My colleague is called Katy and instead of people pronouncing it Kay-tee they call we cat-Tay - I'm sure Katy is a global recognised name! Every day she gets her name pronounced incorrectly so I don't think it matters if you do pick a common name, people still get it wrong!

My son is Anton and people for some reason think its Anthony?! Its bloody not

I love Mirren! Our daughter is called Eilidh (pronounced 'ay-lay') she gets called ellie all the time!! Drives me nuts but at the same time I can see why it confuses people...its a gaelic name and unless your Scottish you probably have never ever heard of it lol x

My friend has just called her boy Louis as in ( lewie) but people keep calling him lewis

Driving her wild haha

My daughter is Billie-Anne, but people always call her Billie-Jo, even family! Grr

omg i HATE that... my name is Joanna... Joanna! NOT hard. seriosuly. my mum aways said i went through school sounding like i was in pain cos people would say "Joanne" and id say AH! lol

i answer to joanne now cos its easy lol

i get joanne, joan, jona, jodie... seriosuly! and worse than that is when people shorten my name without consent to ANNE! or Anna! seriously GAHHHH

i liked the name cecelia for a girl but my grandma is such an issue and kept pronouncing it "celia" its not celia... its Cecelia!!
also i liked penelope for a while but she cant bloody pronounce it.. says "penny lope"

We like Louisa for a girl too but if she ends up getting called louise it will annoy me!

drives me nutty!

Mirren is not a hard name!

Last edited:
My name is Danielle which isn't exactly unheard of but I can't stand when people say Danny-Yell. No it's Dan-Yell. That's it! Tbh it's very very rare I use Danielle (mainly work and hospital appointments) I'm always either Dani, Dan or just D. My dad hates my name being shortened though, but he's become more lenient on it over the past few years he can just about tolerate Dan now!!

But somebody getting my kids name wrong - to a point of it being another name not even a mispronunciation would send me wild. I don't think there is much room for error with Freddie and Mollie though! Xx

Slightly different but aged 33 my aunt still spells my name wrong in cards!

Mirren is such a lovely name.

What is your new babies name OP?

xxxxxx

Last edited:
That's funny cos I'm called Joanne and I used to gt Joanna a lot or Joan I hate Joanne I'm JO simple as that a lot of ppl used to call me Josephine ermm hello how is Joanne Josephine lmao crazy my daughter is called Maddison now maddie but everyone calls her that I hate it I correct them all the time I know as she gets older and I to teens she is going to get it more and more like Jessica gets Jess which I also hate , I have no names set In stone yet fir this one but everything I do like everyone else hates lol xx

My name's Leigh and all my life Ive had the same problem... Leah... Lay... Leeanne.. And spelling it is a nightmare too, surely its not that hard?! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back