People constantly get my daughters name wrong!

My name's Leigh and all my life Ive had the same problem... Leah... Lay... Leeanne.. And spelling it is a nightmare too, surely its not that hard?! x

My mum is called Leigh - she has the exact same problem! It sends her wild!! A lot of people still write Lee on cards arghhh!!

That's funny cos I'm called Joanne and I used to gt Joanna a lot or Joan I hate Joanne I'm JO simple as that a lot of ppl used to call me Josephine ermm hello how is Joanne Josephine lmao crazy my daughter is called Maddison now maddie but everyone calls her that I hate it I correct them all the time I know as she gets older and I to teens she is going to get it more and more like Jessica gets Jess which I also hate , I have no names set In stone yet fir this one but everything I do like everyone else hates lol xx

no way! pple just cant get it right can they lol

my teacher at school called me joanne even though she had a joanna lol

we have some family friends who are sisters called Joanna and Maria and pple would call then joanne and marie... my old surname pple used to get my firist, middle and last names ALL wrong!

i used to hate joanna but now i kinda love it. i used to make it jo or jojo but mainly just joanna and jojo to my buddies

I think this applies to all names not just unusual ones, my name is Katherine, not Kate, not Katie, not Kath (if I like u then Kat is ok) and I've given up trying to get people to spell it right! similarly my lo is called Ruby, surely people would get that right, nope! for some reason the doctors think she's called Megan-ruby, my support nurse keeps calling her grace and my dads family keep calling her Rudie, is that even a name!? I correct them all every time, I just hope it sticks soon!

Im Gayle and it cracks me up when someone replies to an email at work (my name is in my email address) and calls me Gail. Ffs.

Also, my daughter is Daisy Grace. Not Daisy. Not Daisy and middle name Grace. Its one name, Daisy Grace. And not hypinatted. How difficult is it to understand. 1 baby girl, 2 first names.
I loose the head when people get it wrong to be honest. Someone at the gps asked her name the other day I replied "Daisy Grace". The silly old bat then said "hello Daisy". Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....I said her name is Daisy Grace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen to what I said.

Then you get her unhelpful daddy say "see I told you to hyphenate her name!!". Know it all. Xx

We have Fraser (Fray-ser) and it does irritate me when we get Fraisier (fray sher). I can forgive people for spelling it as Frazer but please pronounce it correctly!

And Gayle, you're daughter will always be DG to the peas! ;-)

We have Fraser (Fray-ser) and it does irritate me when we get Fraisier (fray sher). I can forgive people for spelling it as Frazer but please pronounce it correctly!

And Gayle, you're daughter will always be DG to the peas! ;-)

Hahahaha I know. Im as guilty. Never call her that when I say it tho. Just via text. Shes only ever Daisy Grace at home
And diva on facebook xx

I don't get people getting my youngest name wrong but no one can spell it - Temperance lol x

I get children's names wrong on a daily basis. Well I'm sorry but I'm given a piece of paper with a name on to call out, I do my best and day it how it's spelt but sometimes I do have to scratch my head. Some of the spellings and pronunciations I couldn't even guess at!

tbh its hard because some people spell a 'normal' name strange to make it unique so you try to say it how it looks and get it totally wrong. I suppose its to be expected with some names. If they got Joe or Sarah wrong then I would have to laugh lol.
x

actually my friend is sara but its pronounced the same way as sarah... they either spell it Sarah or pronounce it like Saaraaaa.

My name is Sheree. I continually have people calling me Sherry or spelling it that way or Cherie and it still annoys me now. Especially when someone continues to say it wrong.

Some people can be stupid. They just don't take the time to get other people's name right.
I don't mind which variation of my name you choose to call me. I get called Manda by friends, Mandy by a few, Mand by family and Mandy Moo by one of my besties. All fine with me.
But I think if you spell a name differently to be 'unique' then it's to be expected. Not everybody loves your LO as much as you to take the time out to care. (Not directed at OP, but in general).

My son is called Theo and the only problem I've had is with an ex coworker who used to call him 'Leo'. I had no shame in correcting her ha. Our surname however is a different matter as it is quite unusual. Mashiter. Some try to pronounce it posher than it is, I think to escape the blaringly obvious expletive haha. I don't care if people pronounce it differently to me because who's to say I say it correctly.

Mirren is not a difficult name to pronounce. Xx

Slightly different but aged 33 my aunt still spells my name wrong in cards!

Mirren is such a lovely name.

What is your new babies name OP?

xxxxxx

Our new baby's name is going to be Etholle (pron Ettalie) we are seriously considering spelling it how it is said rather than the traditional way:roll:

why do we pick such names! our son is Nathaniel - and he gets called Thaniel by the kids at school - don't think they can be bothered to say the full name

omg i HATE that... my name is Joanna... Joanna! NOT hard. seriosuly. my mum aways said i went through school sounding like i was in pain cos people would say "Joanne" and id say AH! lol

i answer to joanne now cos its easy lol

i get joanne, joan, jona, jodie... seriosuly! and worse than that is when people shorten my name without consent to ANNE! or Anna! seriously GAHHHH

i liked the name cecelia for a girl but my grandma is such an issue and kept pronouncing it "celia" its not celia... its Cecelia!!
also i liked penelope for a while but she cant bloody pronounce it.. says "penny lope"

We like Louisa for a girl too but if she ends up getting called louise it will annoy me!

drives me nutty!

Mirren is not a hard name!

My name is Josephine and everyone calls me Joanne, or Josie!!

xxxxxx

Our new baby's name is going to be Etholle (pron Ettalie) we are seriously considering spelling it how it is said rather than the traditional way:roll:

why do we pick such names! our son is Nathaniel - and he gets called Thaniel by the kids at school - don't think they can be bothered to say the full name

I would say that - Ethel if I saw it written down and no one told me, lovely name and unusual so I don't think anyone would notice its spelling so id be tempted to spell it how it sounds x

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Tbh I would have pronounced it Eth-Oh-Lee. But I only takes once to correct me and I'll remember, now you have said how it's said, it really is a beautiful name, what sound I was making doesn't sound nice at all now!! What about Etta-Leigh? No bugger should be able to go wrong with that!! Xx

where does that name come from btw? its rather pretty!

i like lucia but hubby thinks pple will pronounce it like lucy-a instead of loo-chee-ah

I was going to call bumpy Celphie (sell-fee) but after the many :eh: looks I got I changed it to Isabella, at which point my granny said she would call her Izzy and not Bella as I requested! :wall2:

I was going to call bumpy Celphie (sell-fee) but after the many :eh: looks I got I changed it to Isabella, at which point my granny said she would call her Izzy and not Bella as I requested! :wall2:

Isabella was going to be my Los name, I had serious second thoughts after mil started saying "she'll be busy being my little izzy" like nails on a chalkboard to me!

Isabella was going to be my Los name, I had serious second thoughts after mil started saying "she'll be busy being my little izzy" like nails on a chalkboard to me!

I absolutely agree. I don't mind Granny calling her Izzy as their little thing, but even OH started saying he would call her Izzy and I put my foot down. She will be called Bella, I may even just scratch the Isa bit to be honest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back