Our little dream :) Had a mc???

about oh present now :( i got nowhere...

i decided on a very romantic, candlelight dinner at home and a cake but i still need sth for a present...

now only if the puppy will let us have a romantic dinner or night lol...i dont see us DTD ever again with the puppy whining in its crate and everything lol :(

dysco u have me looking at dresses now on sell my wedding dress :)

The lady we know who does catering also does hog roasts, but not really the best for march time. but i dont want to get married any other time! :)

argh, im proper stressing out, and my oh doesn't even knw im thinking any of this, wish it was easy!! How did u do it dysco, u made it look so easy!! xx

Last edited:
Awww getting married on your 10th anniversary would be the best. You should go for it!!

Sorry I'm just going to add my 2 pence worth in - A couple of my friends are engaged and hearing them talk about costs make me think they are mad, or maybe I'm just jealous?
Anyway, I've planned our wedding even though OH hasn't asked yet. I live in London and think it is a fantastic city. You can get married in Westminster registry office for as little as £300 - Have you checked out the registry offices near you Kanga? Some of them can be quite impressive looking and really cheap.
For the reception there is a lovely pub on the thames that we love, if we got married on a weekday I think the pub would hire out the 1st floor for cheap and we would pay for a buffet - stuff the wedding breakfast that is too pricey. I would also go to Colombia Road which has a flower market - you can get beautiful flowers for cheap as chips. Like a huge bunch of lilies for £3. When I mentioned this idea to the OH he liked the idea, I think mainly because it is cheap hahaha alternatively Kanga if you do go for it money wise there is a fantastic website for last minute weddings. You can get the whole thing for £3500 - thats venue, wedding breakfast including booze, disco and accommodation.

Kanga what is your style? I don't like traditional wedding dresses so if you google search vintage wedding searches there are tons of websites that sell original vintage dresses for a really reasonable price - like £120. Ebay is also really good for dresses.

Ooooo I think you should start a wedding thread Kanga, this is a good distraction from TTC.

xxx

Hi there

Having gone through a miscarriage at approx 8 weeks just 9 days ago (we have ben trying to conceive since coming off the depo injection) i have been searching for support on this website.
Thought I would share a poem that in wrote in memory of our little one that wasnt meant to be.

I never got to meet you
But you still had mummy's love
The angels took you from me
They took you to the lord above

Just so you know
If you ever wondered wy
I think of you each day
As I look in to the sky

Sweet child of mine your amazing
A bight future you had ahead
Sweet dreams my sweetheart
As you rest in your cosy bed

A hundred thousand kisses
I never got to give
They are all yours darling
As you sleep silently in your crib

Wherever you may be
And for whatever reason why
Your star sins brighly in heaven
As I say my final goodbye

Aimes x

The words are beautiful, I have not had that experience but feel sad when I hear so I can only imagine what it feels like. I hope you find comfort and support on here. All the best. xxx

Kanga what is your style? I don't like traditional wedding dresses so if you google search vintage wedding searches there are tons of websites that sell original vintage dresses for a really reasonable price - like £120. Ebay is also really good for dresses.

Ooooo I think you should start a wedding thread Kanga, this is a good distraction from TTC.

xxx

i like really simple dresses, nothing fancy. i don't want a huge long train either or a puffy dress. added a few pics of ones i've found on sell my wedding dress. the first dress the train is a bit long for my liking and i would prefer straps like on the second dress. i am a size 18 so need a tight fitting top at least to hold everything in :)

wasn't sure where to start a wedding thread as i only venture into ttc, am i pregnant and in here so wasn''t sure where to post!! xx

Attachments

• 252597775.jpg
    252597775.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 315282671.jpg
    315282671.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 572870795.JPG
    572870795.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Ooooo exciting stuff!! Gorgoues dresses but if I had to pick one it would be the 3rd one - very simple and elegant. You might need a empress waisted dress to accommodate a possible baby bump :)

Ah I see the problem in starting a thread haha maybe in your journal?

xxx

i know if i catch this cycle i would be 23 week on the day i want to get married :shock: so yeah definitely might need a dress that can easily accommodate a bump :)

i have wrote most of this in my journal too, but want the advice from the lovely ladies in here too. might just keep updating this thread as this is our general chit chat place :) xx

Oh yeah don't mind me, it's nice there are ladies here you can do that with. I'm not sure why I came over here, just snooped and saw wedding and I was like I'll have to post now!!! Might have to nose other to your journal now, such a nosey cow I am.

xx

we welcome anyone to come chat to us in here, the ladies in here helped me so much through my mmc so feel like i belong here, plus dysco has recently organised her wedding so was hoping for tips :) xx

It's lovely, I've noticed some other sites completely ignore some posts - but I've not noticed that here. I'll have to keep checking here to see your progress in planning :)

xx

there is usually someone who can answer a post on here, i have found some others forums will completely ignore u but not on here, think thats why im addict to pf

i've still got to get oh to agree yet, have no idea what he is going to say! xx

Last edited:
I'm sure that won't be a problem hon, especially after all the SMEP'ing you are giving him!!! xx

That second dress looks lovely kanga :) I already picture you in it :hug:

Thank u Hope :)

It is only £450 too, here are some more pictures of the lady selling it wearing it xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317763577.494057.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317763577.494057.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317763585.695404.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317763585.695404.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
Good morning, it's raining again. On the bright side,coco slept though the night and dint have to get up for her to go potty in the garden. Such a happy bunny I was this morning lol. It will probably take a while though until she actually sleeps through every night :(
Still o idea about oh present :wall: present for men really really suck :( and I think I went through everything by now, perfume last birthday, gadgets, cameras, shirts etc etc ....so much easier it is for the girls :(
Anyway we will have a romantic dinner at home ( hopefully coco will let us have that lol ) and after thinking and thinking I decided for pizza lol as he so wants that but we never really have it because of me dieting. So it's pizza, a cider and ice-cream for him.
11 DPO today and I don't feel like testing at all as I have absolutely no symptoms, so now just waiting for AF to arrive in 3 days...I am ok with it now but I can't stop thinking that I may feel sad when it arrives. I was probably deep inside me thinking that if first time happened by accident ( broken condom ) the second planned time will be quite fast. I should have known better than that..
How is everyone doing?

Kanga I love that dress and I can totally see you in it! £450 is a great price and you could always negotiate down. Did you talk to OH, is he on board? Oh I'm so excited for you!

Hope thats fab news about Coco, I hope it continues :) I'm sure OH will love whatever you do, its always the thought that counts. If i'm stuck I normally go for lots of little presents, books, cds etc.

Tara we'll talk to anyone on here :)

hey ladies,

kanga that dress is GORGEOUS! i have been pressing OH to get saving to propose to me, for now i will have to be content helping his brothers OH to plan her wedding exciting times!!!

getting witchy type cramps today hopefuly AF is coming, I am super grumpy too lol

Ok I am pathetic....I got him a puppy training book...:blush: I suck lol :blush:
And a blueberry pie for after dinner that he can eat with ice-cream on top....

Amnd I can't even start thinking about Christmas and presents :( too many presents in such a short period of time :wall:

Anyone made any Christmas plans yet btw?

omg christmas.............where has this year gone! i am going to my mums this year to get looked after cant wait!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back