1st AF after mc Question

Bexter

Reaction score
Hi, it's been about a month now since my mc and am wondering when AF is going to come!? :think:

Is it possible to conceive after a mc before the 1st AF? I assumed it wouldn't be?

I have been eating soft cheese for the past few weeks, and am desperate to lost some weight before we get pg again.

I guess AF will turn up, just looking for some reassurance :)

ever 1st af after a m/c is different hun my first af i think was about 5-6 weeks after my m/cs. Some women get their af staright after in 4 weeks for others its longer :hug:

You can get pregnant before your next period but the doctors say its better for you to have a full period so they know where your dates strt from.

Hope this helps :hug: :hug:

I'm in the same position, waiting for first AF since m/c just over 3 weeks ago. Hoping it will come this weekend but think I might have ovulated the last few days so may have to wait a bit longer. I was told in hospital that AF usually comes 4-6 weeks after m/c. I've been told strictly no BDing until my first AF - I think cos of risk of infection and the dates thing if you do get pregnant. I also read somewhere on the internet that your risk of another miscarriage is 1.5 times higher if you conceive before first AF - don't know if that's true or not. However, don't want to panic anyone as I do know of people who have conceived immediately and had happy healthy babies.

We're waiting til first AF just to be on the safe side, but time is dragging on - it's been the longest 3 weeks ever! I just want to be pregnant again! :wall:

I got my af after my first m/c around about 4 weeks after it but i know this can vary usually they tell you it can be 4-6 weeks but sometimes it takes longer.I also think that you can fall pregnant before your first af.

Hi, i didn't realise the 1st AF can be 4-6 weeks, i was just told 4 but i guess that makes sense.

I started spotting last night, although no cramping, so i think af must be on her way anyway. :D

well i can confirm you ARE able to get pregnant before your 1s af, look at my chart, the 1st day of bleeding was my ectopic removal and today i just got my bfp :D we started to wait till i thought i'd missed O then decided what the hell, lets go for it as it seemed like forever, well i was blessed, i hadn't O'd at that time and then caught the eggie :D .

I am nervous, even my doc said the risk of miscarriage again is higher unless you wait 3-4 months but hey i'm an impatient person so i'll take my chances.

good luck

Thats good sign bexter hope you get af soon.

Congrats moomoo on your bfp :cheer:

Still waiting for AF to arrive, it's been 5 weeks 2 days since m/c and no signs of AF arriving. Crazy, for the first time I'm actually willing her to arrive! It's driving me mad - just want to get back to TTC :bored:

I'm not a very patient person!! :x

hi hun, its different for everyone. i had a d/c and was told af would be about 4 weeks and she was but lasted quite a lot longer than normal about 9 days.

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back