Opinion on a girls name please....

Aww I'm biased but I love it lol
My little Macie rose!
I'd choose u got to push her out lol xxx

Nat, my hubby is vetoing all my preferred names. It's driving me mad!

I know someone called Cecilia who is called Cis, which I think is very cute for a nickmame.

I found girls names so easy when pregnant with my son, and struggled with a boys name for most of the pregnancy. Now I'm having a girl, it's the other way around. Have a few boys names I like, but hating all girls names. Guess it's just because I am looking for the perfect name so most things sound bad to me if that makes sense?

I'm late in here, my oh's boss is called Emmie. I quite like it but I'm a Gemma too :)

Love indiana - i couldn't use it tho when I had my babies ( i'm a Jones)

I could never pick the perfect girls name until my daughter and so im wondering if your boy hunch is right!

Good luck for scan - enjoy x

Last edited:
Ha ha jj mum that made me chuckle! You have to be careful my cousins name is jak frost lol he gets alot of stick! Xx

Love indiana - i couldn't use it tho when I had my babies ( i'm a Jones)

I could never pick the perfect girls name until my daughter and so im wondering if your boy hunch is right!

Good luck for scan - enjoy x

Hey hun,

We already know we're team pink :lol: found out a few weeks ago at anomaly scan! Just got another scan as they want to check her growth.

So my boy hunch was well off, and we had no boys names anyway!

X

Last edited:
Ive just caught up with your other thread, I went and found it, congrats on team Pink!!
Good luck on the 2nd xx

Another day and another name.

Amber

Although there is a massive reason we've discounted it.... its our cats name.

Is that a massive no-no? We actually call the cat Ambi (James calls her Andy ha ha) but her official name is Amber.

Everyone that knows me well knows my cats name? But for example work colleagues don't.

Cat is not even 7 yet so hopefully around for a few more years

X

I really like the name amber. My DD2s middle name is amber.

I had a friend called amber too, we shortened it to amb, ambi or just called her amber.

Might be dodgy with your cats name...someone I know called their daughter holly, and a dog called holly too!

x

I really like it... That's the problem with pets you call them a name you like and at the time don't think about the consequences of liking it and wanting it for your child!

What does your oh think? I'd change the cats name to Andy permanently and go with Amber for your little girl

Amber May is also on our girls list and I know you've always said you love the name. It's a tricky one but like you say just make sure from now on you always call the cat ambi and then you can use Amber :) xxx

I love Amber, always have! My family had a dog called my name before I was born, I happily tell people too! Its 1 of these things that happen in life and if its made in to a nice special thing then noone can argue! Oh, and DH's family also had a cat with my name when he was young too :lol: x

Last edited:
I'd go with it if you mostly call the cat Ambi anyway. Like you said, only close family /friends know and they would understand. Names are flipping hard enough without having to veto favourites.

My cats are called Amber and Jade. My husbands sister is called Jade (had my cat before I met my husband) and she named her daughter Amber. Slightly odd that I have relatives named after my cats but it very rarely comes up in conversation. I think it's a lovely name - we also call our cat Ambi! X

OH has put his foot down with Amber - says he doesn't like it regardless of it being the cats name.

I give up. Seriously!

We're not married so I am tempted just to pick a name and register her myself :shock: (not really but I am getting seriously frustrated!!)

X

Last edited:
I had the same problem as you, OH would turn his nose up at every name I suggested and not offer any decent suggestions either! Made it such hard work.

I honestly thought harper was going to be nameless for a while after birth but we finally agreed on her name 3 days before birth lol, You've still got time

Of course we still have ages left yet. Although last time we were team yellow and had no girls names at 41w.

X

How about Hazel? I say that because I was friends with a Hazel who had a little sister called Amber when I was in primary school. So those names have always gone together for me. xx

I am not keen on Hazel?

To me it's always been a bit of a "bland" name (or a middle aged ladies name)

Sorry to any Hazel's or mummy's to Hazel's

Was talking to BIL yesterday and he was really positive about the name Elizabeth. He actually likes Beth as the shortened version (He has two daughters and they struggled with both their names!!)

X

Last edited:
Just caught up! Huge congratulations Nat! So pleased for you and your family :D

Scott was going to be a Hannah if he was a she. I love my name so how about Tammy? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back