whats everyones opinion please

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by mandy2383, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mandy2383

mandy2383 Member

Hi all, we have decided on a name for our son and i would just like to know what everyones opinions on it are, we have decided on Troy as a first name and christian for a middle name i do really like it most people i ask like it too but i do get the odd funny luck my main concern is do you think its too different and its a name he would get the mick taken out of him for when hes at school, all your honest opinions would be great thanks

2. mrsbrickelltobe

mrsbrickelltobe Well-Known Member

no i dont think its too different, its a little unusual but not silly. its just unique. i really like it. i was going to have travis for a boy so sort of on the same lines. go for it x

3. Gemma & Jake

Gemma & Jake Well-Known Member

I don't think that your child would get taken the micky out of. It is a nice name :D

4. Twinkletoesnw

Twinkletoesnw Well-Known Member

Lovely names....very strong and masculin names! I don't think it will be a problem at school!

5. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

6. mandy2383

mandy2383 Member

Thank you everyone i really appreciate your opinions i never quite realised before how hard and important it is when choosing a name i found it alot harder picking a boys name than i did a girls. thanks again everyone its nice to get other peoples opinions on things.

7. trixiehunnybun

trixiehunnybun Well-Known Member

I know someone with a boy called Troy and it suits him well, is different but not silly, I dont know of any one telling her it was an odd name!

8. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

Its really nice :D

9. jue

jue Well-Known Member

Love Troy, my son has a friend called Troy, its a great name :hug:

10. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I don't see why he would be picked on for being called Troy, it's unusual without being weird

11. mandy2383

mandy2383 Member

Thank you everyone for all the kind things you have said its really nice of you all hope everyone is well

12. Llys

Llys Well-Known Member

I have two rules for when picking a name:

1: It may be a cute name when a baby, but will it still be suitable when baby is a 20 year old grown adult!!

2: Will the poor child have to spend their whole life spelling the name because of the extra ii's tt's and any other extra letters or substitute letters that can be put in these days (as someone who's "real" name is "unusual" I know what a nightmare that can be!!!)

Your names pass both those tests so it's fine :D :cheer: :rotfl:

13. clairedoran

clairedoran Well-Known Member

My little girl would love me to have a boy called Troy, as she is in love with Troy from High School Musical. This film will probably make the name more popular I can imagine. I like the name because its sounds cute when my daughter says 'I love Troy'!

14. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

i really like it :D

15. Lola's Mummy

Lola's Mummy Well-Known Member

16. jay-elle-jay

jay-elle-jay New Member

I like them, although i would have Christian as the first name, Troy as the second. i think it sounds better that way round. (but then it depends what the surname is..!!)

xxx

17. moss

moss Well-Known Member

I have always loved the name Troy. I am neutral on Christian as I am not religious and have bad experiences with a Kristian, but it is not enough to make me dislike it, so it must be a good name, too!

18. mandy2383

mandy2383 Member

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your opinions i really do appreciate your honest opinions, was thinking the same about high school musical my ten year sister loves it, i didn't realise till my sister mentioned it, i just remembered reading a book years ago with a character called troy in it,christian is after his dad, its his first name so thought it might be nice to keep it going as my OH has his dads name as a middle name and so on.

Listen to me waffling on, thanks again everyone, its good to know I haven't chosen the worst name in the world,lol