whats everyones opinion please

mandy2383

Reaction score
Hi all, we have decided on a name for our son and i would just like to know what everyones opinions on it are, we have decided on Troy as a first name and christian for a middle name i do really like it most people i ask like it too but i do get the odd funny luck my main concern is do you think its too different and its a name he would get the mick taken out of him for when hes at school, all your honest opinions would be great thanks

no i dont think its too different, its a little unusual but not silly. its just unique. i really like it. i was going to have travis for a boy so sort of on the same lines. go for it x

I don't think that your child would get taken the micky out of. It is a nice name :D

Lovely names....very strong and masculin names! I don't think it will be a problem at school!

Thank you everyone i really appreciate your opinions i never quite realised before how hard and important it is when choosing a name i found it alot harder picking a boys name than i did a girls. thanks again everyone its nice to get other peoples opinions on things.

I know someone with a boy called Troy and it suits him well, is different but not silly, I dont know of any one telling her it was an odd name!

Love Troy, my son has a friend called Troy, its a great name :hug:

I don't see why he would be picked on for being called Troy, it's unusual without being weird

Thank you everyone for all the kind things you have said its really nice of you all hope everyone is well

I have two rules for when picking a name:

1: It may be a cute name when a baby, but will it still be suitable when baby is a 20 year old grown adult!!

2: Will the poor child have to spend their whole life spelling the name because of the extra ii's tt's and any other extra letters or substitute letters that can be put in these days (as someone who's "real" name is "unusual" I know what a nightmare that can be!!!)

Your names pass both those tests so it's fine :D :cheer: :rotfl:

My little girl would love me to have a boy called Troy, as she is in love with Troy from High School Musical. This film will probably make the name more popular I can imagine. I like the name because its sounds cute when my daughter says 'I love Troy'!

I like them, although i would have Christian as the first name, Troy as the second. i think it sounds better that way round. (but then it depends what the surname is..!!)

xxx

I have always loved the name Troy. I am neutral on Christian as I am not religious and have bad experiences with a Kristian, but it is not enough to make me dislike it, so it must be a good name, too!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your opinions i really do appreciate your honest opinions, was thinking the same about high school musical my ten year sister loves it, i didn't realise till my sister mentioned it, i just remembered reading a book years ago with a character called troy in it,christian is after his dad, its his first name so thought it might be nice to keep it going as my OH has his dads name as a middle name and so on.

Listen to me waffling on, thanks again everyone, its good to know I haven't chosen the worst name in the world,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back