Opinion on a girls name please....

What about Bethan?

I totally sympathise Nat. We still don't have a girls name we love just a list of ones we like which is so frustrating. Madison didn't have a name for 2 days last time because of the same problem!x

Only half of my previous post submitted, dunno what happened there?!

Beth is cute shortened from Elizabeth.

What names does your OH like?

A few names I liked were Lola, Jessica, lilly, Freya, all of which OH hated!

I found girls names so hard, yet had a list of boys I loved! Xx

I'm not mad on Elizabeth, I think because I'm not keen on the shortened versions. We don't even call DD2 beth, and she's Bethany!

I prefer Elizabeth as it is, not keen on any of the shortened versions but at least she has the option when she is older.

My OH has terrible name choices - some of his suggestions include Lisa, Joanne and Nicole. No offence to anyone with those names (they are very much of our era) but they just aren't what I am after.

OH does love Shannon as well, in-fact he said if he had to name baby now that would be her name. I don't like it.

I like Isabelle, Imogen, Annabelle, Jessica, Emily - basically all the popular names which OH isn't keen on.

We did consider Jasmine but we have a Yasmin on his side so discounted it.

We keep coming back to Elizabeth but neither of us are mad about it.

We were team yellow with James and never decided on a girls name. We did have Charlotte and Holly on a shortlist but Holly doesn't go with OH's surname and we went off Charlotte.

I know we still have so much time but the fact it we had 41 weeks last time and never managed to find "the" name.

X

I can def sympathise hun! We're in a very similar position. Still don't have the perfect name and times a tickin!

"Elizabeth or Elisabeth is the Greek transliteration (Ἐλισάβετ, Elisábet) of the Hebrew name Elisheba, meaning "Oath of my God". Elizabeth or Elisabeth have given rise to the nicknames of Libby, Lisa, Liza, Lilly, Liz, Lily, Beth, Ella, Elisa, Elise, and many others."

Lilly sounds cute to me:)

Isabelle is my fave off that list nat I do really like Charlotte tho and lottie xxxx

My new niece is Charlotte, I think it's lovely, although too used for my liking. Xx

I meant to post this earlier but kept forgetting! I was watching the Houdini TV show the other day and his wife sang a song called Rosabell (rose a bell). Similar to isobel but not common? Or Roslynn? x

Rosabell is nice, and unusual. Could shorten it to rosa, ros, rose, belle, bella!

I like some old names - we have a Martha and a Florence though :wall2:[my faves]

Hettie is pretty but its a variation of Henrietta? and we have a Henry.

Of all the names out there I am trying to be mindful not to name her something similar to my nieces and nephews LOL.

We're back to Elizabeth and Isabelle!!! Grudgingly :shock:

X

Last edited:
So my OH just through a few curve balls at me.

He suggested Bonnie and Connie (not massively keen although they both go nicely with his silly surname) the other one that I am really intrigued about though is Beatrice.

What do we think?

James and Beatrice? They don't really go?

What about nicknames? She will be a "Bea" right?

[think I have talked myself out of it to be honest :shock:]

X

Love Beatrice! If my hubby liked it too that's what I would be calling this one.
I work with a Beatrice and she uses Bea for short and pronounces it 'Beya'.

I know a baby girl Beatrice and she is lovely. And yes, her parents call her Bea.

I wanted to put Beatrice on our girls list but OH vetoed it, I think Bea is super cute. I also know a little girl called Beatrix xxx

Just testing it out on a few people, so far so good!

And the nn is Bea as in "be-ah" not "bee" right??

X

Last edited:
Oooo I like Beatrice. I don't know of any little girls called it, it's quite a classic name too.
Bea is a cute nn too :)

Could be onto a winner there NAt :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back