One born every minute...

I know the poor aneasthatist was probably bricking it that she would jump and he'd paralyse her. I think my sister would be like this if she ever has to give birth. WHen she was younger she used to sob in the hairdressers saying she could feel the hair being cut. It was so embarrasing my mum had to pay someone to come to the house to do her hair! Fortunately she managed to let a doctor put a contraceptive implant in (somehow!!) so not likely to happen for a few years!

Last edited:
its amazing how you cope tho, i've got the worst pain threashold in the world, my dad even laughed when i told him i wanted to give birth without an epidural :lol: but somehow when i was in labour i just got on with it - i had a tooth out a couple of months after having katie and that was worse!!

someone else said the same to me the other day, had a wisdom tooth out after the baby was born and that was worse! Not very comforting as I have an impacted wisdom tooth which needs to go!

I am getting more convinced that the calmer and more relaxed you are the less pain you experience; it makes sense that muscles tense up if you are tense and therefore the cervix doesnt dilate - I cant wait to test this method out!

me too. OH watched the programme and said "right Im gonna do some research on relaxation techniques I can do with you!" glad he's on board :)

I am getting more convinced that the calmer and more relaxed you are the less pain you experience; it makes sense that muscles tense up if you are tense and therefore the cervix doesnt dilate - I cant wait to test this method out!

Yep. Fear and tension mean your body goes in to 'fight or flight' mode. You blood is diverted away from non essential organs - like your uterus - making them stiffer and inhibiting them. adrenalin inhibits oxytocin (the labour hormone) and everything becomes more difficult and painful.

here comes the science bit...concentrate! ;)

Thanks Mervs Mum. We're gonna be a brigade of hypnobirthing mummies by august!

Not the same I know, but getting tattooed is really my only experience of any kind of pain, and you're right, if you go in relaxed, know how to breathe to regulate yourself then it's nowhere near as bad as if you go in tense. I'm able to kind of 'zone out' to pain (handy when getting your ribcage or feet done hahaha!) so I'm hoping to be able to put this into action and have a nice, calm labour.

That girl last night really was awful though wasn't she!

Also, when the other lady (Joy?) was being induced, she screamed her head off, is it really that painful? Where do they actually put the tab? Sorry if that's a stupid q!

no! not a stupid qu, I made a mental note to ask on the forum last night and forgot! She had gas and air..WTF were they doing?!

They were putting it 'behind' her cervix I though they said..can't see it being painful otherwise? Hmmm..

so they had to open up her cervix? Im not okay with that.....

I had a sweep with Rosie and I guess the midwife put a finger inside my cervix - it was uncomfortable in the sense that putting your finger up your nose too far is uncomfy but certainly manageable :lol:

surely the action of forcing someones cervix open could bring on labour in itself without the need for the chemicals in the pills. I think if I need inducing Ill be going for curries and sex. Quite fancy that any night though!

great analogy lol, I might test that nearer the time if it looks like it's needed!

I like your style tiny, sounds much nicer to me!

I ate a madras to try to bring my labour on - its didnt work, also had sex and nipple tweaking - I think it all helped a little bit, I went into labour on my due date. I wont be having a madras this time though as I didnt think of it last time but I dont fancy having an accident during labour and having the room smell of a Mumbai toilet! :rotfl:

:rofl: I was gonna go for a jalfrezi!!! hmmm I suppose if it does repeat on you you could get yourself all cleared out by the time it came to push! THey must see some things working in delivery suites!

Can you imagine? After having to watch that girl Sam?! Some people have no self respect haha

OMG I cant stop thinking about indian now. We were gonna have pasta but my naan bread craving is back. Might have to head out to aldi!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back